Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Tom Brady Hires Non-Union Plumbers

The only thing worse than me posting this article is you clicking on the link because you're interested.

The season must start soon.

[size=12pt]Tom Brady Hires Non-Union Plumbers[/size]
    Posted Jun 28th 2007 4:12PM
    by Michael David Smith
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Tom Brady Hires Non-Union Plumbers

Naw, Naw, this thread can turn into one of those "I love Unions They Built America" vs "Unions are the Downfall of America" discussions.

I like the guys comment at the bottom.

1. who cares about unions. they only are like 20% of the work force and are usually overpaid maybe if unions went away, prices of homes and cars would drop and lets not talk about taxes. we needed unions in the middle ages now its time to go away.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Naw, Naw, this thread can turn into one of those "I love Unions They Built America" vs "Unions are the Downfall of America" discussions.

1. who cares about unions. they only are like 20% of the work force and are usually overpaid maybe if unions went away, prices of homes and cars would drop and lets not talk about taxes. we needed unions in the middle ages now its time to go away.
    I love those discussions because both statements are true. ;D
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

I love those discussions because both statements are true. ;D
    And no one wins but it can go on and on until someone calls someone a bad name and then just those two argue for about 5 pages or so.

Sounds like fun when things are slow.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:

I hate non-unionists.

Everyone should be unionized so we can get some order restored to the working place.

We can't have no push against employers solely as individuals.

Go ahead and trash me. I challenge anyone on this site to agree with me. I bet there are none.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"cogitans" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

I hate non-unionists.

Everyone should be unionized so we can get some order restored to the working place.

Go ahead and trash me. I challenge anyone on this site to agree with me. I bet there are none.
    I don't know what the labor situation is overseas, but unions here have gotten too powerful.
    They are still needed, but a different system needs to be developed to check some of their power in the workplace.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"cogitans" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

I hate non-unionists.

Some unions in this country make a wage that is so high it limits the amount of work available to them unless there is legislation to protect them from non-union competition.

People need to work and eat. So if you are in a union, good for you. If you aren't ,you have the right to do the best you can for yourself and family.

I can tell you that many primary care doctors where I live and in Minnesota, do not make $61.50 an hour !

So good for those plumbers who are getting that. Tom Brady has no obligation to them because he is successfull in my estimation.

I hate the off season. I shouldn't even post this drivel!
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Sheesh...I thought this was going to be an onion article.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Tom Brady is a TURD BURGLAR!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman

"cogitans" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

I hate non-unionists.

I agree with you.

This is from a statement by the House Financial Services Committee:

CEOs have seen increases in their earnings at a rate far greater than that of the average worker.
    In 1965, U.S. CEOs at major companies made 24 times a worker's pay-by 2004, CEOs earned 431 times the pay of an average worker.[1]
    From 1995 to 2005, average CEO pay increased five times faster than that of average workers.[2]
    While CEO pay continues to increase at rates far exceeding inflation, wages for the vast majority of American workers have failed to keep up with rising prices.
    In fact, real wages for the 90% of Americans who earn under $92,000 a year have actually fallen since 2001.[3]

[1] AFL-CIO Executive Paywatch website: www.paywatch.org
    [2] "Delinquency of the CEOs," The Washington Post, July 13, 2006
    [3] Piketty and Saez (2006), using IRS data

There are no doubt a plethora of reasons behind this increasing disparity between CEO's and average workers, and I wouldn't dream of naming the decline of unions as the sole reason. However, I do think that it is imperative that as those at the top become ever more rich and powerful, those from the middle on down ought to have institutions in place to guard their interests. Unions are but one of these institutions, and I for one, wholeheartedly support not only their existence, but their growth. As a nation, and as a democracy, we continue to allow important safeguards against injustices, such as unions, deteriorate at our own peril.

Edit: Fuck Tom Brady sideways.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast