Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Toddler served margarita in a sippy cup

ANTIOCH, Calif. - Kim Mayorga was confused when her 2-year-old started making funny faces and pushing away the apple juice he had ordered at Applebee's. The explanation came when she opened the lid of the sippy cup and was hit by the smell of tequila and Triple Sec.

The restaurant staff accidentally gave Julian Mayorga a margarita Monday. He grew drowsy and started vomiting a few hours later and was rushed to the hospital.

"I wasn't going to make a big deal about it," the mother told the Contra Costa Times on Thursday, "but then he got sick."

The apple juice and margarita mix were stored in identical plastic bottles, and the manager mistakenly grabbed the margarita container to pour the boy's drink, said Randy Tei, vice president for Apple Bay East Inc., which owns the franchise restaurant and nine other Applebee's in the San Francisco Bay area.

The Mayorgas will be reimbursed for their medical bills, and Tei said the franchise group's restaurants will no longer serve apple juice and margaritas in similar containers.

"We absolutely believe it was an honest mistake," Tei said.

The serving appeared to have been accidental, Antioch police Lt. Pat Welch said. Mayorga said her son is now doing fine.

She said the company has been very apologetic and offered free meals, but she added, "If they think I'm going back there, they're ridiculous."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070616/ap_on_fe_st/odd_accidental_margarita;_ylt=Atsp1Ay_.l3FHhSD_j_T h4IuQE4F

HornedHat is offline Asst. Coach

Re: Toddler served margarita in a sippy cup

That is horrible. I won't condemn an honest mistake; but sheesh. Someone wasn't paying the bare modicum of attention. That being said, it makes me wonder why I spent so much time as a teenager standing outside of the 7-11 trying to get someone to buy me beer. I should of just gone to Applebee's and ordered Apple juice.

litlharsh is offline Coordinator

I like her attitude. It doesn't look like she's pressing charges, even though she has much more of a case than many of the other retards who try to sue big corporations for stupid reasons.

He grew drowsy and started vomiting a few hours later and was rushed to the hospital.
    Hey, we've all been there.

Rather than just type a one sentence response, I'm going to go ahead and type several one sentence responses.

Puke and rally, dude!

I think the real question is, were they going to charge him $8.99 for the apple juice before he got sick?

That's funny, my physics teacher had the exact same reaction to the apple juice he drank in class.

"Investigators later determined that the child's illness was unrelated to the alcohol, but have not ruled out the chicken fingers."

I can't help but feel like there's a 'baby back ribs' joke in here somewhere.

What name do you think he used on his fake ID?

Keep that kid away from his tricycle!

It took the mom awhile to figure it out, since the kid kept insisting that he wasn't drunk while uncontrollably touching everyone in site.

It turns out, a drunken two-year old is about as coordinated as a one-year old.

If you're trying to imagine what a drunken two year old would act like, just imagine Paris Hilton sober.
    When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "Hey, good job." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

The apple juice and margarita mix were stored in identical plastic bottles,
    I'm no bartender, so correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the Tequilla added to the Margarita mix after it is poured into the blender?

If so, all the kid had to drink was the Margarita mix with no Tequilla in it.

If bars use Margarita mix with the Tequilla already pre-mixed in with it. that is a new one on me.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

scottishvike is offline Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries

Toddler served margarita in a sippy cup
    I am absolutely shocked and appalled at this disgraceful behaviour, everyone knows margaritas should be served up in a glass. J/K

Shouldn't the salt around the lip of the sippy cup tipped the parent off?
    :-

MetalMike-LoudVike is offline Hall of Famer

I guess they want to start the kid early on getting his drink on, Just plain and simple bad parenting. I can go another direction just a waste of booze.
    IN THE PITS ON THE RIVER BEDS EVRY VIKING FAN WILL RISE & VAHALLA SHALL REJOICE WITH THE MOST GLORIOUS PRIZE LOMBARDI'S TROPHY

Freya is offline Team Alumni

"singersp" wrote:
    I'm no bartender, so correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the Tequilla added to the Margarita mix after it is poured into the blender?

If bars use Margarita mix with the Tequilla already pre-mixed in with it. that is a new one on me.
    Actually, chain restaurant/bars pre-mix the whole shebang these days for efficiency.
    What I'm curious about is why there was apple juice right next to the margarita mix. Off hand, I can't think of a single drink I've ever made that uses apple juice. Usually the juice comes in cartons and is not transfered to other containers. Whoever set up the bar, sucks at it.

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

"Freya" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

Actually, chain restaurant/bars pre-mix the whole shebang these days for efficiency.
    What I'm curious about is why there was apple juice right next to the margarita mix. Off hand, I can't think of a single drink I've ever made that uses apple juice. Usually the juice comes in cartons and is not transfered to other containers. Whoever set up the bar, sucks at it.
    Thanx Freya!

I was wondering if eating establishments such as Applebee's, that don't have a regular "sit at" bar per se, utilized pre-mixed drinks to serve to their patrons

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast