Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Toddler Gets Stuck in Vending Machine

Do parents not watch their kids anymore?

ANTIGO, Wis. - Three-year-old Robert Moore went fishing for a stuffed replica of Sponge Bob and ended up trapped in a vending machine. The toddler's adventure began with a Saturday evening shopping trip with his grandmother, Fredricka Bierdemann, and three siblings.

Bierdemann ended the trip by giving each child a dollar and telling them to have fun in a retailer's game room.

A stuffed Sponge Bob in a vending machine's bin caught Robert's eye. He tried without success to fish it out with a plastic crane.

"I told him I could get it for him," his grandmother said. "He's a character. He said, 'Oh no, I can get it.'"

When she turned her back to get another dollar for a second try, Robert took off his coat and squeezed through an opening in the machine. He landed in the stuffed animal cube.

"I turned around and looked for him, and he said, 'Oma, I'm in here," Bierdemann said. "I thought I would have a heart attack."

Store employees couldn't find a key to the machine, so Robert waited while the Antigo Fire Department was called.

"He was having a ball in there, hugging all the stuffed animals," Bierdemann said. "He was so good-natured, but I was shaking like a leaf."

Firefighters broke one lock but then spotted two latches inside the plastic cube. They passed a screwdriver to Robert.

"He stacked up all the stuffed animals and used that screwdriver to open the latch," his grandmother said. "You should have seen him go."

Eventually, Robert freed himself. But his mother, Marie Moore, and grandmother said they were lucky that he remained calm when another child might not have. He went home safe _ but without a stuffed Sponge Bob.

http://www.bismarcktribune.com/articles/2006/10/24/ap/strange/d8kv829o0.txt

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Toddler Gets Stuck in Vending Machine

Another Cheesehead in the news.
    The government should intervene.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Gezzzz, it seems to me I read this a year ago or so. Boy, those Wisconsin kids just don't learn, do they?
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

WBLVikeBabe is offline Jersey Retired

I just saw that on the news but how could it have taken the Grandma so long to find a dollar in her purse?
    I don't get it.

[move]My beautiful sig made by the one and only PPE![/move]

stateVIKE44 is offline Pro-Bowler

He went home safe _ but without a stuffed Sponge Bob.
    after all that they still couldn't just let the kid HAVE the stinkin' Sponge Bob?!? What is this world coming to...
    "I play for the love of the game; I play because there is no greater feeling than hearing 80,000 fans screaming when you smack somebody!"
    ~ Jared Allen

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Apes take better care of there kids better than most people.

[img width=350 height=497]http://www.bismarcktribune.com/content/articles/2006/10/24/ap/strange/d8kv1vk00.jpg[/img]

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

That happened about a year ago in Austin, MN at Godfather's Pizza.... I used to work there back in high school.....

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"ThorSPL" wrote:
    That happened about a year ago in Austin, MN at Godfather's Pizza.... I used to work there back in high school.....
    Except THAT kid was trying to get a CAN OF SPAM out of the machine!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Wow, that would have been funny to see. A little kid stuck in a vending machine because he was trying to steal. He should've gotten a ticket!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    Wow, that would have been funny to see. A little kid stuck in a vending machine because he was trying to steal. He should've gotten a ticket!
    This first kid stuck in one of those machines is from 2004.
    And he's from Wisconsin.
    [img width=250 height=188]http://www.chippewa.com/content/articles/2004/01/04/news/news3.jpg[/img]

This is the second kid (the one mentioned in this article).
    Also from Wisconsin.
    [img width=380 height=293]http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/world/2006-10/26/xin_0010032609178182974720.jpg[/img]

And for grins, here's another kid who did the same thing.
    I don't think he's from Wisconsin.
    [img width=280 height=224]http://img266.echo.cx/img266/3055/boyvendingmachine3sb.jpg[/img]

And here's a 4th - from Texas.
    [img width=400 height=300]http://www.wkyc.com/assetpool/images/0610251194_kid.jpg[/img]

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast