Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: title request

BadlandsVikings is online now Jersey Retired

Re: title request

$50 for Viking Queen Mother

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"cajunvike" wrote:
    The money was ONLY to induce me to TAKE the bet...not contingent on whether I would win it or not...YOU GUYS are the ones who got confused!
    Like I said, you had nothing to lose. :wink: :grin:

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

FedjeViking is offline Ring of Fame

"singersp" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    The money was ONLY to induce me to TAKE the bet...not contingent on whether I would win it or not...YOU GUYS are the ones who got confused!
    Like I said this belongs in the other thread. :lol:
    [move]"Our day WILL come!! I just hope I LIVE long enough to see it!"[/move]

"FedjeViking" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    :scratch: Well isn't there mention of a title for you in other threads? :lol:

Now don't get all "Stark Raven Mad" on us. :wink:

"singersp" wrote:
    "FedjeViking" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:

But singer, your the one always complaining things aren't in the correct thread. Then you make the same mistake! :sign5:

And this is 'title request' thread. :lol:

"FedjeViking" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "FedjeViking" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:

But singer, your the one always complaining things aren't in the correct thread. Then you make the same mistake! :sign5:

Well now, I certainly can't request a title now can I. I already have one. So I have to post something. :wink:

The title I chose for you is my favorite and it depicts what first brought you into the limelight here on PP.O

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "FedjeViking" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "FedjeViking" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunvike

Well now, I certainly can't request a title now can I. I already have one. So I have to post something. :wink:

The title I chose for you is my favorite and it depicts what first brought you into the limelight here on PP.O

Now Singer, what determines if you get a title of your own? I guess I am at a loss for this.. I have heard if you donate money to the site, then there is a chance you will get one.. That is not necessarily true.. I will never bash this site, and I will actually donate to it again, but it seems to me that it is who you know, and how much you are liked here in what determines your new title name.. I have seen members with hardly any posts that have titles, and also members that haven't donated to the site that have titles..

Now please people, don't mistake this for anything other then what it is.. I am perfectly happy with having pp.o supporter next to my name.. I am just stating what I think it is that determines your title. If I never get a title name, then that is fine by me.. Fedje deserves one, as do alot of members here.. So please don't get this twisted.. Just stating mu opinion, as does everyone here..

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "FedjeViking" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "FedjeViking" wrote:
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp

Now Singer, what determines if you get a title of your own? I guess I am at a loss for this.. I have heard if you donate money to the site, then there is a chance you will get one.. That is not necessarily true.. I will never bash this site, and I will actually donate to it again, but it seems to me that it is who you know, and how much you are liked here in what determines your new title name.. I have seen members with hardly any posts that have titles, and also members that haven't donated to the site that have titles..

Now please people, don't mistake this for anything other then what it is.. I am perfectly happy with having pp.o supporter next to my name.. I am just stating what I think it is that determines your title. If I never get a title name, then that is fine by me.. Fedje deserves one, as do alot of members here.. So please don't get this twisted.. Just stating mu opinion, as does everyone here..
    Basically, to get a title you need to differentiate yourself somehow. The mods (and especially Webby) knew that I was a Star Wars nerd from my posts, so that's how I got my title. It also doesn't hurt that I started posting a lot when the last Star Wars movie came out, so I was in a lot of discussion about that. I didn't get my title 'til about 1400 posts. Singer posts a lot of newsarticles, so when he got up around 1500 or 2000 posts he became PP.O Anchorman. That's the method to the madness.

A guy like Zimtwister on the other hand (where the hell is he anyway?) got a title around 300 posts, because he started a bunch of threads that characterized him as clinically insane, hence the name 'PP.O Headcase'.

As far as I know, it has everything to do with your persona and nothing to do with how much you donate.

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "FedjeViking" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "FedjeViking" wrote:

Well you heard wrong! Getting a title has absolutely nothing to do with how much or even if you donate.

You get a title when you set yourself apart from the others here. Something that makes you unique.

Still that isn't a sure bet you will get a title. Webby will do it when he gets an inkling to do so.

Keep in mind, Webby isn't on here everyday reading everything that's posted, so it generally takes time.

Despite the fact that I posted articles everyday since about day 1, I still did not get a title until I had over 2,600 posts.

Just be patient & most of all, don't beg or hint that you need a title. That will only drop you to the bottom of the list or even off of it.

You should be greatful for this site & what it has to offer.

Remember, people will respect & like you for who you are & what you post, not whether you have a title or not. :wink:

"singersp" wrote:
    "VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "FedjeViking" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    Quote Originally Posted by FedjeViking

Well you heard wrong! Getting a title has absolutely nothing to do with how much or even if you donate.

You get a title when you set yourself apart from the others here. Something that makes you unique.

Still that isn't a sure bet you will get a title. Webby will do it when he gets an inkling to do so.

Keep in mind, Webby isn't on here everyday reading everything that's posted, so it generally takes time.

Despite the fact that I posted articles everyday since about day 1, I still did not get a title until I had over 2,600 posts.

Just be patient & most of all, don't beg or hint that you need a title. That will only drop you to the bottom of the list or even off of it.

You should be greatful for this site & what it has to offer.

Remember, people will respect & like you for who you are & what you post, not whether you have a title or not. :wink:
    Personally I'm not worried about it. Cajun and some others wanted to have fun thinking up a title for me, so let them use their imaginations and think up some for me. If they want to donate to Webby in the process...fine with me.

I've seen a couple I like so far. So let the suggestions roll in, and maybe Webby will pick one of the best when he's ready to give me a title. :lol:

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast