Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

Tire Jack Problem

I have a 2004 Ford F-150 that I bought last year used. Well tonight I got a flat and discovered that the tools to lower the spare tire are missing. > Does anybody know what else I can use to get the tire down? My truck is sitting along the hwy right now and I have 9:45am appt. tomorrow morning to have 4 new ones put on. ???

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Tire Jack Problem

Just cut the cable and the tire will come down
    8).
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

that doesn't work on an 04 and above it won't let you,
    stupid safety reasons

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"PurplePackerEater" wrote:
    I have a 2004 Ford F-150 that I bought last year used. Well tonight I got a flat and discovered that the tools to lower the spare tire are missing. > Does anybody know what else I can use to get the tire down? My truck is sitting along the hwy right now and I have 9:45am appt. tomorrow morning to have 4 new ones put on. ???

How ironic is that?

I wish I could remember what my truck used to get the tire down. If I recall it was a long bar with a handle much like an ice auger but the front tip had a flat lug like a huge screwdriver.

Do you not know anyone else that owns a truck?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Found a forum where they're discussing something similar:

http://www.fordf150.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=255526
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni

I am sorry for your probs....but it is nice to know that lousy crap happens to someone other than me.

Seems like just the thing that would happen to me

"singersp" wrote:

How ironic is that?

I wish I could remember what my truck used to get the tire down. If I recall it was a long bar with a handle much like an ice auger but the front tip had a flat lug like a huge screwdriver.

I have long socket extentions, but they don't work.

One of my best friends has a '07 F-150 but he moved to the TCs. I know a guy that I can use his, but I'll have to get a hold of him around 7, tomarrow morning. I just didn't want to leave it along the hwy all night. Oh well, my insurance is good.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:

How ironic is that?

Some of the models have a long rod under the hood or short one under the passenger seat.
    That's common, for some reason when people switch vehicles they take all the jacks.
    But like I told him in a pm, as soon as he gets its fixed throw the jack away because it's going to kill him.
    He need to get a one ton jack at Wal-Mart or some auto store and keep it in the bed.

Maybe you'll get lucky and someone will steal your spare, then you won't have to worry about it.

"BadlandsViking" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

How ironic is that?

Some of the models have a long rod under the hood or short one under the passenger seat.
    That's common, for some reason when people switch vehicles they take all the jacks.
    But like I told him in a pm, as soon as he gets its fixed throw the jack away because it's going to kill him.
    He need to get a one ton jack at Wal-Mart or some auto store and keep it in the bed.
    The '04 extended cabs have the tools under the back seat, I already looked in the owners manual. There was ONE piece of the bar, that's it, not even the lug wrench was there. I don't care about all that, I borrowed all of that, it's the getting the spare down that's tripping me up.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast