Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Tiny Iowa town rescinds $5 cat bounty

"SnoBumMN" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "KrackerJack" wrote:
    Cats suck...
    Yeah - why have a pet with personality and spirit when you can have an obedient and mindless shit-machine with a twice-a-day committment for 15 years.

Weeeeee.
    I know you're not talking shit about dogs.

If you were to fall in the shower and hit your head, knocking you out, a dog would try to do anything it could to get you help.

A cat would eat your body to survive.
    The dog would sit there, curled up in a ball on the bathmat, shitting the carpet and eating it before it decided to feast on your remains.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

marcosMN is offline Star Spokesman

"Zeus" wrote:
    "SnoBumMN" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "KrackerJack" wrote:
    Cats suck...
    Yeah - why have a pet with personality and spirit when you can have an obedient and mindless shit-machine with a twice-a-day committment for 15 years.

Weeeeee.

If you were to fall in the shower and hit your head, knocking you out, a dog would try to do anything it could to get you help.

The dog would sit there, curled up in a ball on the bathmat, shitting the carpet and eating it before it decided to feast on your remains.

=Z=
    There have been countless heroic dogs throughout history.

When was the last time you heard of a house cat saving someone's life?
    -Sno

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Why Dogs are Better Than Cats
    11. Dogs come when you call them. Cats take a message & get back to you when they are good and ready.

10. If you suddenly became six inches tall, a dog will still sit on command.
    A cat would torture you for half an hour before eating you.

9. Dogs will let you give them a bath without taking out a contract on your life.

8. Dogs will bark to wake you up if the house is on fire. Cats will quietly sneak out the back door.

7. Dogs will bring you your slippers or the evening newspaper. Cats might bring you a dead mouse.

6. Dogs will play Frisbee with you all afternoon. Cats will take a three-hour nap.

5. Dogs will sit on the car seat next to you. Cats have to have their own private box or they will not go at all

4. Dogs will greet you & lick your face when you come home from work. Cats will be mad that you went to work at all.

3. Dogs will sit, lie down, and heel on command. Cats will smirk and walk away.

2. Dogs will tilt their heads and listen whenever you talk. Cats will yawn and close their eyes.

1. Dogs will give you unconditional love forever. Cats will make you pay for every mistake you've ever made since the day you were born.

Truth be told, I have two cats at home.
    I wanted a dog, Mrs NP wanted a cat.
    So we compromised... still don't know how the hell that worked.

(And THAT is my 8000th Whoo Hoo!)
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

"SnoBumMN" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "SnoBumMN" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "KrackerJack" wrote:
    Cats suck...

Weeeeee.

There have been countless heroic dogs throughout history.

When was the last time you heard of a house cat saving someone's life?
    All the time.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/2653569.stm
    http://www.canadafreepress.com/2005/pets011805.htm

=Z=

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"Zeus" wrote:
    "SnoBumMN" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "KrackerJack" wrote:
    Cats suck...

Weeeeee.

=Z=
    You know... I noticed there was something about you... something cold and callused... you're a cat person. That explains a lot.

And here I just thought it was because you were a Cubs fan.

How can anyone not like dogs?

I like all animals... just dogs more. A lot more.

[img width=450 height=298]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y20/FatBeGoneStacy/Basha%20Journal/sleeping2-1.jpg[/img]

Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

"NodakPaul" wrote:

*snip*

Shame you had to waste it on that propaganda post.

http://catymology.blogspot.com/2008/02/why-cats-are-much-better-than-dogs-part.html

Why cats are much better than dogs, part 4
    We knew it was good to be catted, but now there's scientific proof. The Minneapolis Star Tribune reports today on yet another reason why cats are much better than dogs.

A new study suggests cat owners are less likely to die of a heart attack or stroke than people who, well, don't own cats.

And no, dogs don't do the same trick.

The study, by researchers at the University of Minnesota, found that feline-less people were 30 to 40 percent likelier to die of cardiovascular disease than those with cats.

Yet dog owners had the same rate as non-owners. "No protective effect of dogs as domestic pets was observed," said the study, which was presented Thursday at the International Stroke Conference in New Orleans.

Dr. Adnan Qureshi, a stroke expert at the university, said he decided to raise the question because other studies have suggested pets can help reduce stress. He and his team analyzed a group of 4,435 people who had answered questionnaires about pet ownership and other risk factors.

But the cat-dog differential came as a surprise. "We don't understand this completely," he said, but "it's probably not a coincidence."

Asked if he owns a cat, Qureshi replied: "No. Maybe I should get one, though. With this new research, I think the time has come to change."
    =Z=

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:

*snip*

Shame you had to waste it on that propaganda post.

http://catymology.blogspot.com/2008/02/why-cats-are-much-better-than-dogs-part.html

Why cats are much better than dogs, part 4
    We knew it was good to be catted, but now there's scientific proof. The Minneapolis Star Tribune reports today on yet another reason why cats are much better than dogs.

A new study suggests cat owners are less likely to die of a heart attack or stroke than people who, well, don't own cats.

And no, dogs don't do the same trick.

The study, by researchers at the University of Minnesota, found that feline-less people were 30 to 40 percent likelier to die of cardiovascular disease than those with cats.

Yet dog owners had the same rate as non-owners. "No protective effect of dogs as domestic pets was observed," said the study, which was presented Thursday at the International Stroke Conference in New Orleans.

Dr. Adnan Qureshi, a stroke expert at the university, said he decided to raise the question because other studies have suggested pets can help reduce stress. He and his team analyzed a group of 4,435 people who had answered questionnaires about pet ownership and other risk factors.

But the cat-dog differential came as a surprise. "We don't understand this completely," he said, but "it's probably not a coincidence."

Asked if he owns a cat, Qureshi replied: "No. Maybe I should get one, though. With this new research, I think the time has come to change."
    =Z=
    Correlation does not imply causation.
    Stats 101.
    Besides, I figure my family history of high cholesterol will get me long before my choice of pet ever does...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

What comes up when you Google "A man's best friend"?
    Not alot on cats.

Some of the things I found that are pro Dog.

Cat owner's = evil, Dog owners = good: Some well known cat owners include Saddam Hussein, Adolph Hitler, Mike Tyson and Martha Stewart. See, cat owners are B@STARDS!!! Well known dog owners? None other than Mother Theresa, Billy Graham, Martin Luther King, and even Jesus! Yes, even Jesus, son of God. How can you not like dogs better than cats when Jesus had one? What are you, SOME KIND OF HEATHEN!?!
    http://www.rightwingnews.com/humor/dog.php

Dogs Smell out Cancer
    http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpag...B63&sec=health
    Dogs help out in Law enforcement
    http://www.fbi.gov/kids/dogs/what.htm
    Seeing eye dogs
    http://www.seeingeye.org/
    Couldn't resist
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

I suppose if one was an avid hunter I could see the justification for one.
    Don't get me wrong I don't hate dogs, and sometimes enjoy being around them, but never if I had to take care of the things.
    Cats can at the very least poop in a box.
    I could go into a long rant about why cats are better than dogs but honestly people it comes down to this.

Either you like dogs as a personal preference for whatever reason, or you like cats.
    I always feel like people get into a peeing competition over these kind of things just like idiots who argue over ford or dodge or chevy.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    What comes up when you Google "A man's best friend"?
    Not alot on cats.

Some of the things I found that are pro Dog.

Cat owner's = evil, Dog owners = good: Some well known cat owners include Saddam Hussein, Adolph Hitler, Mike Tyson and Martha Stewart. See, cat owners are B@STARDS!!! Well known dog owners? None other than Mother Theresa, Billy Graham, Martin Luther King, and even Jesus! Yes, even Jesus, son of God. How can you not like dogs better than cats when Jesus had one? What are you, SOME KIND OF HEATHEN!?!
    http://www.rightwingnews.com/humor/dog.php
    add to that the fact my ex-wife had two of the beasts as well and the point is well proven
    ;D
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast