Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Re: Time for everyone to jump back on the Twinkies bandwagon

The twins will never trade for Griffey we would have to give away too much and spend too much. If we get hot and Chicago stays in their funk and just slowly gain on the tribe we might have a shot. We still have nine games with the sox don't forget!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

As long as mays is pitching we have no chance, bring up baker or the other stud we have pitching, they have to be better than mays. I would rather see the cubs in the playoffs, they have far better fans. And nothing is better than watching a game at wrigley on tv or in person
    You republican whore!

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Man, I wish we would have picked up a few more wins this season to put us in the position to run at the Sox. Just 2 weeks ago we were literally written off as dead in the water. Now, we are only 2.5 out of the wild card and 9.5 out of the Central.

The Sox and the Twins usually duel down to the wire but I think we might be just a few games to far back to make that a reality this season. But, the wildcard might be decided on how well the Sox play against us. We play them nine more times this season, which includes the game on Wed.

Playoffs or no playoffs, I really am proud of the Twins. They make the best of everything they do. They have really entertained us and have been competitive the last few years. They continue to give us more than we expect from them. Gotta Love the Twins!

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    The twins will never trade for Griffey we would have to give away too much and spend too much. If we get hot and Chicago stays in their funk and just slowly gain on the tribe we might have a shot. We still have nine games with the sox don't forget!!
    It was ten, we have nine left now. Two 3 gamers at the dome and a 4 gamer in ChiTown.

Yes, it would be nice to have a griffey but we can't afford and it goes against our philosophy. The Boone thing just about did us in, I don't think it set well with the team. You would think that griffey would love to come back the the Am League w/the DH. It would prolong his career by keeping him out of the field.

It is a matter of percentages right now. We just need to win a few more games than the other teams contending for the wild card. Seven out of 10 games will do it, you would think.

The wins have a tough schedule with the Sox, Indians and the A's. Detroit has also been playing well the last 10 games.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123