Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Timberwolves an option for James

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    YES! Awesome news finally! Our starting lineup looks great now with a true veteran PG in James (20 PPG) a Great forward in Davis, and the best PF in the NBA in KG. Foye can play SG this year unless we sign a SG until McCants recovers. All we need is a center and we're one of the best teams in the NBA IMO. Finally McHale FINALLY!
    mike james is not a true PG..hes a SG who happens to be too small to play that position..ricky davis is nowhere close to being a great player by any means..this does improve our team, but not quite as much as some ppl think..mike james can only provide a couple more wins (see toronto raptors)..if we were to add darius miles, we would be much more improved and could start talking playoffs
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

"Ddawg84" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    the only way this signing would work for the best is if we also acquired darius miles from portland..that would give us a very solid lineup of James/Davis/Miles/KG/Blount..we would also have a pretty nice group of reserve players with Foye/McCants(when he comes back)/Hassell/Hudson/Madsen/Griffin/Reed..this lineup would provide a ton of scoring between the starting 5, and a couple of good scorers off the bench (hudson, foye), as well as 2 defensive stoppers on the perimiter (hassell, reed) and a big time shot blocker down low (griffin)..solid team right there..lets hope this signing gets done, and we also pick up miles from the blazers..this lineup will provide KG with a decent last chance in minnesota to get a championship..if it doesnt work, this leaves us with a better opportunity to rebuild by trading KG and building around McCants and Foye (much like Heinrich, Gordon in chicago) in a year or two
    Has there been talk about the Timberwolves trying to get Darius Miles? I have not heard about a trade for something like that, that would be awesome... KG is Darius' Idol... and even though he has yet to really show through on his full potential... I think playing with KG could help him Mature and bring out the best in him!
    sid hartman said it was a lock to happen like 2 weeks ago..its still being talked about apparently, but nothing has happened yet
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

"olson_10" wrote:
    YES! Awesome news finally! Our starting lineup looks great now with a true veteran PG in James (20 PPG) a Great forward in Davis, and the best PF in the NBA in KG. Foye can play SG this year unless we sign a SG until McCants recovers. All we need is a center and we're one of the best teams in the NBA IMO. Finally McHale FINALLY!
    mike james is not a true PG..hes a SG who happens to be too small to play that position..ricky davis is nowhere close to being a great player by any means..this does improve our team, but not quite as much as some ppl think..mike james can only provide a couple more wins (see toronto raptors)..if we were to add darius miles, we would be much more improved and could start talking playoffs
    James may not be a true pg but he is way better than what we had last year. He can also help mentor Foye who is a combo guard as well. Ricky Davis was and still is a great player in my mind. Miles would put us over the top though.

"olson_10" wrote:
    James may not be a true pg but he is way better than what we had last year. He can also help mentor Foye who is a combo guard as well. Ricky Davis was and still is a great player in my mind. Miles would put us over the top though.
    i definitely agree with you there..i wasnt trying to insult your comments at all, and im sorry if it came across that way..james can help this team in the way you mentioned, but the one thing i noticed (i live in canada and the raptors broadcast about 55-60 games nationally) about james is that he tends to get a little selfish in the 4th quarter..im sure this is something bosh was too shy to step up and talk to him about so im assuming KG will set him straight on that one problem..the one thing we are still missing is a guy that can take care of the ball and put up a good assist/turnover ratio, you know somebody to control the offense, but unfortunately hudson and jaric may be immovable because of their stupid contracts which prevents us from putting another pg on the roster right now (anthony carter wouldve been good for this role with the team we have now)..miles would certainly put us over the top because hes in love with KG (kg is his idol) and a trade to MN would set his attitude straight..its been mentioned the wolves are looking at a maggette for davis swap as well, which would also be an improvement in my mind if maggette can stay healthy..this season looks to be a good one, but im still not sold on this team making the playoffs until we know mccants can come back, and we make some bigger moves to rid ourselves or poor attitude garbage guys like jaric and hudson

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

Sounds like the deal is done, according to the 10:00 news here in MPLS.
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

oh, I thought it was LeBron.

Well, I don't really care now. My Knicks won't be doing anything anytime soon. ukeright:

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

"olson_10" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    i definitely agree with you there..i wasnt trying to insult your comments at all, and im sorry if it came across that way..james can help this team in the way you mentioned, but the one thing i noticed (i live in canada and the raptors broadcast about 55-60 games nationally) about james is that he tends to get a little selfish in the 4th quarter..im sure this is something bosh was too shy to step up and talk to him about so im assuming KG will set him straight on that one problem..the one thing we are still missing is a guy that can take care of the ball and put up a good assist/turnover ratio, you know somebody to control the offense, but unfortunately hudson and jaric may be immovable because of their stupid contracts which prevents us from putting another pg on the roster right now (anthony carter wouldve been good for this role with the team we have now)..miles would certainly put us over the top because hes in love with KG (kg is his idol) and a trade to MN would set his attitude straight..its been mentioned the wolves are looking at a maggette for davis swap as well, which would also be an improvement in my mind if maggette can stay healthy..this season looks to be a good one, but im still not sold on this team making the playoffs until we know mccants can come back, and we make some bigger moves to rid ourselves or poor attitude garbage guys like jaric and hudson
    No man didn't come across that way at all. I agree with what you said above though. Hudson was good once upon a time and Jaric looked terrible last year. I doubt McCants is coming back though. We really need miles but what would the actual trade look like? Get miles, and add a solid FA center into the mix, and we're talking playoffs as a high seed. Right about now we're talking 9th spot in the west and just missing the playoffs.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

I think Marcus Banks is better then James.. They both aren't true PG's.. But I think Banks has more game.. I really don't know though.. Banks is also streaky.. I haven't watched much of the Raptors, so I can't really make an analysis but it sounds like a decent move.. And yah he played on the Raptors so maybe with a better team he will be an even better player

One Love

"olson_10" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    No man didn't come across that way at all. I agree with what you said above though. Hudson was good once upon a time and Jaric looked terrible last year. I doubt McCants is coming back though. We really need miles but what would the actual trade look like? Get miles, and add a solid FA center into the mix, and we're talking playoffs as a high seed. Right about now we're talking 9th spot in the west and just missing the playoffs.
    agreed, except we cant get a solid C cuz we spent all of our MLE on james..the trade has been talked about as being jaric, madsen for miles..that would leave us reeeeeeally thin up front, and we would obviously need to find some real cheap, no name big man to fill that void (lol probably paul shirley since hes on our summer league team)..craig smith certainly has a real good shot at making the team now (he was a dominant PF in the best conference in college ball over the past 4 years..think Gary Trent with more offensive skills)..mccants is expected back mid-december, but amare stoudamire came back when expected and just hurt himself all over again this year, so you never know with that kind of injury..this team right now is going to fight for the 8th spot, but certainly isnt anywhere near good enough to do anything in the post season anyways..lets just pray we can unload crappy contracts (jaric, hudson) for a serviceable big man or else darius miles, that would be really our only chance of doing anything this year

"V4L" wrote:
    I think Marcus Banks is better then James.. They both aren't true PG's.. But I think Banks has more game.. I really don't know though.. Banks is also streaky.. I haven't watched much of the Raptors, so I can't really make an analysis but it sounds like a decent move.. And yah he played on the Raptors so maybe with a better team he will be an even better player

One Love
    mike james has always been a good player..it isnt like he just showed up to play for a contract last season..you can just look at his career numbers and see that hes done a great job for the number of minutes hes always played..banks however finally got his chance this year, and stepped up and played a couple of good games..i wouldnt go as far as saying banks is a better player because he just doesnt have the scoring ability or the attitude that mike james has..mike james has proven over his career he can play at this level, while banks has struggled with inconsistent play in boston and minnesota..james is a guy that is going to step up in the 4th quarter and take and make alot of big shots, while banks is a guy that is going to stay in the offense and not try and do anything extra special..theyre just totally different players, but i do see your point

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast