Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Timberwolves an option for James

Hey, his stats from last year look good.

I hope he can help the team.

KG just needs some help.

I am out of the loop (on info) so I will just stop here.

this is good news for T'wolves fans, i was listening to kfan when he made his desision, i might tune in for a few mins. this year. or not
    You republican whore!

boognish is offline Coordinator

:grin: :grin: WooHooo!!!! :grin: . I thought for sure that he was going to sign with Dallas. This is awesome!! Now we have a legitimate PG to complement KG and crew.

I'm definitely signing up for the "Season Ticket" on my DishNetwork this year; hopefully I can make it to some games in Portland and Seattle as well.

James ranked fourth in the league in 3-point shooting (44 percent) and 11th in 3-pointers made (169) and averaged a career-high 20.3 points and 5.8 assists for the Raptors last year. Life is good; I'm almost certain we make the playoffs this year.

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
    I am a dipshit!!!

Jul 11, 2006 5:18pm ET
    Report: Mike James Agrees to Deal with Wolves
    Marc Stein of ESPN.com reports, "The Minnesota Timberwolves' willingness to make a four-year commitment to Mike James has landed them the best point guard still available on the free-agent market. NBA front-office sources told ESPN.com that James on Tuesday agreed to sign a four-year contract with the Wolves worth an estimated $25 million."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2516449

vikingTurf Guest

On a different note, I just watched that Griffin video, what an idiot!

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

Foye and James, two nice additions. Hang in there KG, don't give up on minny yet.

"vikingTurf" wrote:
    On a different note, I just watched that Griffin video, what an idiot!
    Yeah, he might need to go???

I bet the "jerk-off" would not be accepted in the Viking's Code of Conduct. :roll:

I like Griffen, but he just doesn't seem to play smart on the court. The rhythm seems off when he is out there on the court. Jack up another 3 please.

Ddawg84 is offline Starter

"olson_10" wrote:
    the only way this signing would work for the best is if we also acquired darius miles from portland..that would give us a very solid lineup of James/Davis/Miles/KG/Blount..we would also have a pretty nice group of reserve players with Foye/McCants(when he comes back)/Hassell/Hudson/Madsen/Griffin/Reed..this lineup would provide a ton of scoring between the starting 5, and a couple of good scorers off the bench (hudson, foye), as well as 2 defensive stoppers on the perimiter (hassell, reed) and a big time shot blocker down low (griffin)..solid team right there..lets hope this signing gets done, and we also pick up miles from the blazers..this lineup will provide KG with a decent last chance in minnesota to get a championship..if it doesnt work, this leaves us with a better opportunity to rebuild by trading KG and building around McCants and Foye (much like Heinrich, Gordon in chicago) in a year or two
    Has there been talk about the Timberwolves trying to get Darius Miles? I have not heard about a trade for something like that, that would be awesome... KG is Darius' Idol... and even though he has yet to really show through on his full potential... I think playing with KG could help him Mature and bring out the best in him!

Ddawg84 is offline Starter

But yeah... James and Foye are 2 great additions to our team... and James will help Foye be a better PG for the future! But now that we have the 2 good PG's this team needs... they have to do something about Jaric and Hudson! We can't keep 4 point guards... especially because Hudson who has been hurt since his one good season and Jaric who was a bust last year are getting paid so much money... we need to clear up cap at that position big time... and they are not great trade bait either!

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

YES! Awesome news finally! Our starting lineup looks great now with a true veteran PG in James (20 PPG) a Great forward in Davis, and the best PF in the NBA in KG. Foye can play SG this year unless we sign a SG until McCants recovers. All we need is a center and we're one of the best teams in the NBA IMO. Finally McHale FINALLY!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast