Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    oaklandzoo24 is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Timberwolves Draft thread

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    I say we keep making trades until we have every pick in the first round!! woo hoo Blake Grifffin here we come!!
    Im sure we'll still
    manage to hit a bust on each pick.

But seriously what I can't stand is, for once we have so many opportunities in the draft but of course this is one of the weakest classes in years.
    I only wish this class was like the '03, '96, or '84
    "There are 3 things that sell in America:
    Violence, sex, and drugs.
    The only way you are going to make this game more appealing to the public than it was before is if there are on field orgies at halftime and the domes become massive opium dens."

[img width=450 height=55]http://img216.imageshac

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

"oaklandzoo24" wrote:
    "VKG4LFE" wrote:
    I say we keep making trades until we have every pick in the first round!! woo hoo Blake Grifffin here we come!!
    Im sure we'll still

But seriously what I can't stand is, for once we have so many opportunities in the draft but of course this is one of the weakest classes in years.

Yep, this draft class is complete shit past Griffin

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman

"oaklandzoo24" wrote:
    "VKG4LFE" wrote:
    Im sure we'll still

I was thinking the same thing earlier, but you never really know how weak a class is until they've played in the league 3-4 years.

There probably isn't any D Wade or Lebron in this year's draft, but we could be surprised.
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Not much of a draftnick like I am with football, however, I have looked at some stuff.......

Seems this is a bad year to have all the picks as this class, after Griffin, is considered pretty weak.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

[size=13pt]Wolves still trying to climb draft board[/size]

MINNEAPOLIS -- Minnesota's trade with the Washington Wizards was completed Wednesday, but several other proposed trades by the Timberwolves haven't had the same luck.

Memphis has refused multiple trades offers from Minnesota because the Timberwolves aren't prepared to part with both the No. 5 and 6 picks or toss in Kevin Love in another scenario with just the No. 6 pick, a source with knowledge of the Grizzlies' situation told ESPN.com.

The Grizzlies are, according to the source, prepared to make Connecticut's Hasheem Thabeet the No. 2 pick in the draft if they cannot get a deal for the selection.

Memphis discussed sending the No. 2 to Minnesota for the No. 5 and No. 6, but the Timberwolves have been consistent that they don't want to give away two top 10 picks. The TWolves also rejected the offer for No. 6 and Love. The Timberwolves offered either No. 5 or 6 and Craig Smith for the No. 2, but Memphis rejected that trade, too. The source said there was never any discussion involving Minnesota's No. 18 pick.

I don't know if i would trade love for that deal. I think he is the player or Big Al they could build a team around. But I also think it doesn't make sense for both of them. I also think Love is better than the #2 pick which I think would be Rubio

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Not much of a draftnick like I am with football, however, I have looked at some stuff.......

Seems this is a bad year to have all the picks as this class, after Griffin, is considered pretty weak.
    If we can somehow snag Thabeet and Rubio I would consider it a damn good draft. From most accounts, I'm hearing that the trade up to #2 for Rubio is imminent but that we could take a guard with the other draft pick that isn't traded.. Doesn't sound all that bad to me.

Elam529 is offline Rookie

I really like the trade even though this draft class is pretty weak. I hope we make some sort of package with all of our first rounders and move up to 2 or 3 and get Rubio.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Yeah, I think they have to keep Love on the team.
    It's nice to have somebody who actually plays defense...getting harder to find those types now days.

I wouldn't be opposed to them trading their 2 top 10 picks if the deal was right though.
    I think I'd rather see us get some proven star caliber player on the team than the #2 pick.
    That or get more young potential and suck for another season so we have more high picks to trade away next year.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

It would be great to be able to package picks to move up but I don't see it happening.

We could trade our 5 and 18 to move up to 2 to get Rubio and trade our 6 and 28 to move up to 4 to get Thabeet. That might be a pretty good draft, but it probably impossible.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

wolves will keep 5 and 6, and with those picks, theyl pick up a pg and a sg, their two biggest needs following the trade

its looking more and more like rubio will actually fall to us at 5..lac will take griffin, memphis will take thabeet, okc already has its pg in westbrook, and the kings apparently want nothing to do with rubio..the wolves can stay put and get their guy at 5, and with the 6th pick they can look at curry as an option at sg
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast