Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

Timberwolves Draft thread

Have to admit I may start getting some interest in this team with McFail out Kahn is already making some deals.

[size=13pt]The dealing begins? Wolves strike deal with Wizards for No. 5 pick?[/size]

By Jerry Zgoda

SI.com just reported what I’ve been working for the last 30 minutes to confirm: The Wolves and Wizards have struck a deal that will bring the No. 5 pick, Etan Thomas, Darius Songaila and Oleksiy Pecherov to Minnesota for Randy Foye and Mike Miller.

That would give the Wolves the Nos. 5 and 6 picks.

What do they do with those?

David Kahn has said he wants another high pick but doesn’t want to give up No. 6 to get it, but I’ve heard
    he’ll send those two picks to Memphis for No. 2, which the Wolves would use to pick Ricky Rubio.

Another source says he thinks Kahn is infatuated with Thabeet and thinks he made the Washington deal to move up to get the big guy.

ESPN
    is saying Kahn is keeping the two picks.

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni

Re: Timberwolves Draft thread

I never heard of any of those people..any good?
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

That might be interesting having #5 and #6, we could get some real talent then
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman

Wow.
    I was not expecting any trades before the draft, but this is a good sign that the new regime has an actual plan in place to improve the team.

Doesn't seem like a bad trade either.
    Miller has been sub par for us since we traded for him and Foye is a great guy, but way too inconsistent and we could have had Brandon Roy.
    The players we got are pretty much bench warmers, but solid backups.
    If we could get Thabeet and/or Rubio, this could be a fun team to watch in coming years.
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

i like the trade..im really hoping the wolves hold onto both picks, and dont trade both to take rubio at 2..they can get thabeet and a swingman with the 5 and 6, and take a pg later in the draft

the guys they got in the trade are useless..etan thomas has some value, and could be a big help inside on defense next to al or love, but the other two will likely never see the floor

i think kahn is weird as heck judging by his behavior during interviews, but i do like the way hes come in and tried to erase the mchale era from the roster..as long as he keeps al jefferson, il stay happy
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I say we keep making trades until we have every pick in the first round!! woo hoo Blake Grifffin here we come!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

"olson_10" wrote:
    i like the trade..im really hoping the wolves hold onto both picks, and dont trade both to take rubio at 2..they can get thabeet and a swingman with the 5 and 6, and take a pg later in the draft

the guys they got in the trade are useless..etan thomas has some value, and could be a big help inside on defense next to al or love, but the other two will likely never see the floor

i think kahn is weird as heck judging by his behavior during interviews, but i do like the way hes come in and tried to erase the mchale era from the roster..as long as he keeps al jefferson, il stay happy
    Yeah I guess adding 3 more big men does seem alittle weird especially with Al and Love, plus the already have have several other big men.

"olson_10" wrote:

He reminds me of someone who should be reading books on tape when he speaks. I have a feeling though we are in no way done.

jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman

"olson_10" wrote:

Don't know much about Pecherov, but I'm guessing Songalia will get some PT.
    He is not going to light it up, but he is a decent role player averaging over 7 points per game last season.
    If his injury is healed up, I'm hoping Corey Brewer gets traded with a pick or two for a veteran with some length to play the 2 or 3.
    I'd like to see somebody like Gerald Wallace or Andre Iguadola on the roster.
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

McHale gone so I have some hope this trade works out, but I'm not at all confident.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast