Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21
  1. #11
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: Threads being locked today with no explanation

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    I can see where this thread is headed right now.

    Lock this baby up before it turns into a mod bashing thread.
    :P
    It's an honest question.
    I, just as you, Marrdro, Ned, and every other member of this site is a stake-holder in its success.
    Part of the good feelings I have for PPO are based upon the good job that the mods do in keeping the discussion civil w/out being heavy-handed.

    That's why this bothered me this morning - because it is so out-of-character with the normal goings-on on this place.
    I'm guessing based on past marijuana threads, they were just nipping it in the bud before it got out of hand & verbal attacks were posted. With as many tokers as we have on this site trying to rationalize & justify their illegal behavior, that's where the majority of these threads end up.
    And your personal bias sneaking into it had nothing to do with that, right?

    BUT - that's NOT the point of THIS thread - to go back there again.

    =Z=
    That's not my opinion, those are simply links I posted to debunk any notion that MJ is not harmful in any way.

    I never smoked enough of it to say that it can or cannot do all of those things, but it definitely impairs the mind as far as reaction time is concerned.

    As far as the topic is concerned, mods have the power to lock threads & delete posts without explanation. Especially if that topic is political.


    Political threads or posts will be locked; no questions asked.

    http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=1048.0

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  2. #12
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Threads being locked today with no explanation

    "singersp" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    I can see where this thread is headed right now.

    Lock this baby up before it turns into a mod bashing thread.
    :P
    It's an honest question.
    I, just as you, Marrdro, Ned, and every other member of this site is a stake-holder in its success.
    Part of the good feelings I have for PPO are based upon the good job that the mods do in keeping the discussion civil w/out being heavy-handed.

    That's why this bothered me this morning - because it is so out-of-character with the normal goings-on on this place.
    I'm guessing based on past marijuana threads, they were just nipping it in the bud before it got out of hand & verbal attacks were posted. With as many tokers as we have on this site trying to rationalize & justify their illegal behavior, that's where the majority of these threads end up.
    And your personal bias sneaking into it had nothing to do with that, right?

    BUT - that's NOT the point of THIS thread - to go back there again.
    That's not my opinion, those are simply links I posted to debunk any notion that MJ is not harmful in any way.

    I never smoked enough of it to say that it can or cannot do all of those things, but it definitely impairs the mind as far as reaction time is concerned.

    As far as the topic is concerned, mods have the power to lock threads & delete posts without explanation. Especially if that topic is political.
    A study on marijuana is political?
    No way.

    Controversial, sure.
    Political?
    Hardly.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  3. #13
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Threads being locked today with no explanation

    "singersp" wrote:
    Political threads or posts will be locked; no questions asked.

    http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=1048.0
    As if that actually happens.

    How many times have you posted pictures or articles that call Hillary Clinton a bitch or ugly?

    Every single one of those is more political than any marijuana thread.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  4. #14
    Webby's Avatar
    Webby is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Aug 1998
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    8,976
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Threads being locked today with no explanation

    "Ltrey" wrote:
    I didn't lock the
    marijuana thread, but I was close to it last night. I decided to let it go since it hadn't gotten out of hand, but I don't think it was unwarranted to lock it.

    We've had a bunch of threads that were very similar to that. They have all turned into debates over whether or not it's bad for you, or impairs your judgment, etc etc. etc. and they've all gotten a little to political/personal/controversial to keep around.

    Just my opinion though.
    I am in conference and did not have a chance to post why.
    This is the same rehashed crap that ends up being a 40 page thread of people being illogical, bashing each other, and getting out of hand.
    Prove that a real discussion that is polarizing like this can happen, and we'll let it go.


    This is why political threads and its ilk are in general outlawed.
    Next step after discussion of effects is discussion of law, and blah, and blah, and then a whole bunch more subjective remarks, followed by inflammatory rhetoric, followed by dozens of complaints to me from each side of the debate.

    And if they got locked without explanation, then its me.
    I simply didn't have time to get through every point during presentations and got distracted from doing it right.

    That thread was going nowhere but down, and prior art exists to this scenario every few months.

    And now, next presentation is starting.

  5. #15
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Threads being locked today with no explanation

    "Webby" wrote:
    And if they got locked without explanation, then its me.

    I simply didn't have time to get through every point during presentations and got distracted from doing it right.
    Like you're actually paying attention to the presentations.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  6. #16
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: Threads being locked today with no explanation

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    Political threads or posts will be locked; no questions asked.

    http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=1048.0
    As if that actually happens.

    How many times have you posted pictures or articles that call Hillary Clinton a bitch or ugly?

    Every single one of those is more political than any marijuana thread.

    =Z=
    I don't recall a single article I posted that was political & called Hillary a bitch or ugly.

    Just because she's ugly & a political figure doesn't mean we can't post pics of them. It doesn't cause heated debate between parties.

    How many Bush bashing pics have you seen?

    I am neither Republican, nor Democrat. I vote for whoever I feel best suits the job. I can't tell you that 20 years from now that I'll be voting for a particular party regardless of the candidates are, like many here can, because I don't even know who the candidates are & what their views are.

    Truth be told, right now I'm leaning towards Democrat, but regardless of that, Hilary is still butt-ugly in my book.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  7. #17
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Threads being locked today with no explanation

    It's pretty amusing that a simple question about the reason for locking a thread before it becomes a pissing contest gets hijacked and turned into a pissing contest.

  8. #18
    Webby's Avatar
    Webby is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Aug 1998
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    8,976
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Threads being locked today with no explanation

    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    It's pretty amusing that a simple question about the reason for locking a thread before it becomes a pissing contest gets hijacked and turned into a pissing contest.
    Welcome to my world.
    Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

  9. #19
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: Threads being locked today with no explanation

    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    It's pretty amusing that a simple question about the reason for locking a thread before it becomes a pissing contest gets hijacked and turned into a pissing contest.
    A person is allowed to hijack his own thread. If they post something that leads other poster to respond, they are going to respond, rather than leave it unanswered.

    My earlier reply was on the same lines as Webby's.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  10. #20
    Webby's Avatar
    Webby is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Aug 1998
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    8,976
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Threads being locked today with no explanation

    Oh, break is almost done.

    I am locking this because it is a debate between two people who can take it to PM.


    Thanks for the questions, and hope it made sense, and my apologies for not getting in the explanation right away.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Northwest Airline Pilots - an explanation
    By ThorSPL in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-19-2009, 08:49 PM
  2. Why are threads being locked in pp.o hell?
    By Prophet in forum Post Wasteland
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 04-07-2009, 05:36 PM
  3. Strip Poker Ends Solemnly With Scar Explanation
    By Zeus in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-09-2007, 10:43 AM
  4. Why crow? (explanation please)
    By fungus83 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-25-2006, 04:11 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •