Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Del Rio Guest

Re: Thread Hijacking & Off Color Commentary

"ltrey33" wrote:
    I think we need to see more presence from some of the senior members. I'm not criticizing, and I realize that there ARE priorities in life, and I'm sure not everyone has as much time to post as an 18 year old kid like me....but I think the decline in content has a lot to do with some of the senior members not being as active. I know shock is around a lot, as is Webby and Ultra, and they all do great jobs around here....but in the last few montsh there has been less Del Rio, less Hawaiianvike, less 6-Kings. I'm not finding fault with these guys....but what I'm saying is it's time for the younger members to step up and be more like these older, more established fellas.
    Your just mad at me because I of why I said you like Star Wars :twisted: :twisted:

I will try to post more.

Del Rio Guest

Going to have to agree with Webby on this one. It's too easy to spin off track as it is. You start talking about one thing and often times it gets heated or debated and you end up talking about something completely different....that sucks, but it is normal.

Throwing in an innuendo or some obscure reference into a post that totally takes flight into a new direction is not productive. Unfortunately there are many spam threads lately, no content just a means to get a +1.

If you feel the need to post trash in someone's thread then just bring up one of the spam threads and have a hayday, I know a lot of people don't bother with them anyway.

6-KINGS Guest

Wow.......
    Not sure how I feel about this.

It seems some of our best threads start out as something else and end up taking a natural conversation course and move in whatever direction the group feels like.

It (to me) seems to be a more real conversation, like everybody is just hanging out together and feeling comfortable and just talking.

But as always I will do as Webby asks.

Although it will put a crimp in my way of talking.

Lookie there I stayed on topic!
    I didn't mention how Clint Eastwood has some really "odd" natured photos in Yahoo Image search.........

LOL

Webby I just could not resist.

tosstomoss is offline Starter

Freedom of speech has been compromised

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"Del Rio" wrote:
    "ltrey33" wrote:
    I think we need to see more presence from some of the senior members. I'm not criticizing, and I realize that there ARE priorities in life, and I'm sure not everyone has as much time to post as an 18 year old kid like me....but I think the decline in content has a lot to do with some of the senior members not being as active. I know shock is around a lot, as is Webby and Ultra, and they all do great jobs around here....but in the last few montsh there has been less Del Rio, less Hawaiianvike, less 6-Kings. I'm not finding fault with these guys....but what I'm saying is it's time for the younger members to step up and be more like these older, more established fellas.
    Your just mad at me because I of why I said you like Star Wars :twisted: :twisted:

I will try to post more.
    Ha! No, no, no...that's not why! You have to admit Del, there for a while you weren't posting much at all...and we missed you. :sad: :lol:

I'm just saying that when guys like you post, people sit up and take notice. I know I did for the first few months I was on here. Whenever it was Ultra, Cajun, Del Rio or Shock posting I made sure to read what they had to say, and I still do. I guess it's just the natural pecking order of things!

Anyways...I think the changes will be good. SKOL!

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

"tosstomoss" wrote:
    Respect has been requested.

Every thread need not degenerate into talk about who's johnson is bigger.

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

"6-KINGS" wrote:
    Wow.......

It seems some of our best threads start out as something else and end up taking a natural conversation course and move in whatever direction the group feels like.

It (to me) seems to be a more real conversation, like everybody is just hanging out together and feeling comfortable and just talking.

I didn't mention how Clint Eastwood has some really "odd" natured photos in Yahoo Image search.........

LOL

Look at it this way: if the thread is about Moss and his injuries, then it shouldn't be about who has the biggest boobies that he banged.

The Clubhouse and Two Beers Minimum forums are perfect spots for all the stuff folks like to do, and in other forums there is no rule against conversations turning. But deliberate spamming and off topic remarks with nothing to do with the topic is not nice.

Maybe thats the distinction. There is a difference between jamming every thread full of innuendo, and people discussing an issue and it morphing into multiple topics covered.

To any person: remember when you first came, and you could know the Daunte discussion was about him, and not who can make the biggest joke about his pepper?

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

"webmaster" wrote:
    "6-KINGS" wrote:
    Wow.......

LOL

Look at it this way: if the thread is about Moss and his injuries, then it shouldn't be about who has the biggest boobies that he banged.

The Clubhouse and Two Beers Minimum forums are perfect spots for all the stuff folks like to do, and in other forums there is no rule against conversations turning. But deliberate spamming and off topic remarks with nothing to do with the topic is not nice.

Maybe thats the distinction. There is a difference between jamming every thread full of innuendo, and people discussing an issue and it morphing into multiple topics covered.

To any person: remember when you first came, and you could know the Daunte discussion was about him, and not who can make the biggest joke about his pepper?
    Couldn't have said it better myself...
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

6-KINGS Guest

"webmaster" wrote:
    "6-KINGS" wrote:
    Wow.......

LOL

A thread without tater talk???????????????
    :shock:
    Quick Robin!
    Get the Book of Revelation!!
    This has got to be one of the END OF TIMES signs.

Ok I will go along, but I am not sure I like it very much.

Just like in Monty Python
    "Help!! Help!! I being repressed!"
    :razz:

Del Rio Guest

"tosstomoss" wrote:
    I'm pretty sure your just messing around, but just in case someone really feels that way I just have to remind everyone that there are forum rules and you are here as a privledge not a right.

So you have no freedom of speech here if you choose to break the rules :twisted:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast