Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Thread Hijacking & Off Color Commentary

This is my note to you all asking your cooperation. It may be offseason for most, but this is not a reason to let decorum and good manners fall by the wayside.

An inordinate amount of thread hijacking is happening. If you have nothing to add to the current topic, please refrain. Create a new one if you like and have something completely different to add. It is rude to repeatedly divert legitimate topics of conversation and make them pointless to the original intent.

Also, the amount of crudeness is magnifying. I am going to politely ask, without pointing finders, that people think about what they post before they do. Being crude and diverting all these threads is not okay, and its not funny anymore. Never have I had so many complaints and some areas are starting to look more like a horny 13 year olds' message board than the home of the finest Vikings fans on the web.

Please do me a favor and work with me on this. I value each of you hanging with me here and I don't want to have to make decisions over something silly like this.

SKOL.

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni

Re: Thread Hijacking & Off Color Commentary

:salute:

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

:boohoo: :wink:

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

I agree 100% - please keep some semblance of decorum on here, folks...
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

I think we need to see more presence from some of the senior members. I'm not criticizing, and I realize that there ARE priorities in life, and I'm sure not everyone has as much time to post as an 18 year old kid like me....but I think the decline in content has a lot to do with some of the senior members not being as active. I know shock is around a lot, as is Webby and Ultra, and they all do great jobs around here....but in the last few montsh there has been less Del Rio, less Hawaiianvike, less 6-Kings. I'm not finding fault with these guys....but what I'm saying is it's time for the younger members to step up and be more like these older, more established fellas.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Yes, I too see way too many topics being spun off and the whole point of somebody's thread is lost; I would be kinda upset if I posted a content worthy thread and it turned into mush.

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

"webmaster" wrote:
    This is my note to you all asking your cooperation. It may be offseason for most, but this is not a reason to let decorum and good manners fall by the wayside.

An inordinate amount of thread hijacking is happening. If you have nothing to add to the current topic, please refrain. Create a new one if you like and have something completely different to add. It is rude to repeatedly divert legitimate topics of conversation and make them pointless to the original intent.

Also, the amount of crudeness is magnifying. I am going to politely ask, without pointing finders, that people think about what they post before they do. Being crude and diverting all these threads is not okay, and its not funny anymore. Never have I had so many complaints and some areas are starting to look more like a horny 13 year olds' message board than the home of the finest Vikings fans on the web.

Please do me a favor and work with me on this. I value each of you hanging with me here and I don't want to have to make decisions over something silly like this.

SKOL.
    I know this is nitpicking, but shouldn't the word you wanted there be FINGERS?
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

Blog Entries

Yeah, you got me! I won't point fingers, but I think we can take it up a notch.

Blog Entries

I have restructured things a bit, feeback welcome. Also added an appropriate forum for those who wish to have some more relaxed banter.....check out the Two Beer Minimum forum. Clubhouse has also moved to the Lounge!

WBLVikeBabe is offline Jersey Retired

Nice post Webby, thanks for saying something!

[move]My beautiful sig made by the one and only PPE![/move]

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast