Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    triedandtruevikesfan is online now Jersey Retired

Thoughts and prayers to a hurting family

Hey all,

I know I can count on all of you for thoughts and prayers.

At 2:00 AM Sunday morning my brother lost two of his best friends in a car accident in ND.
    One was 22 and the other 23.
    They had been drinking, which makes it all the more senseless.
    They had swerved on to the shoulder, tried over correcting and flipped the car.
    They were both ejected.
    One died instantly and the other died in surgery later in the day.

My brother had talked to them earlier that evening, and he told them if they drove drunk he was going to be mad at them until their funeral.
    He feels absolutely horrible about his words now, but was only trying to get them to not drive.

I'd like to ask you all for prayers to the families and loved ones of the boys.
    I can't even imagine how they must be feeling right now.

Thanks, Jocelyn

WisconsinSucks is offline Asst. Coach

Re: Thoughts and prayers to a hurting family

I know how your brother may feel.
    Back in college I lost my roommate the same way.
    I was with him earlier in the evening at the bar and we ended up going to different places.
    Well he never made it home.

It will be hard.
    My prayers are with him.

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

What a tough story to read. I'm sorry for your loss.

I can understand how your brother could feel the way you say, but as you all certainly are aware of he shouldn't be blamed at all. And I'm sure you all help him to understand that.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

I'm sorry to hear that TNT.

I will definately be praying for your brother and the families of his friends.

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Your brother was a true friend that offered sound advice that unfortunately was not heeded.
    He should not feel bad about doing the right thing.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

That is always hard to hear, you are in my prayers.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:
    Hey all,

I know I can count on all of you for thoughts and prayers.

At 2:00 AM Sunday morning my brother lost two of his best friends in a car accident in ND.
    One was 22 and the other 23.
    They had been drinking, which makes it all the more senseless.
    They had swerved on to the shoulder, tried over correcting and flipped the car.
    They were both ejected.
    One died instantly and the other died in surgery later in the day.

My brother had talked to them earlier that evening, and he told them if they drove drunk he was going to be mad at them until their funeral.
    He feels absolutely horrible about his words now, but was only trying to get them to not drive.

I'd like to ask you all for prayers to the families and loved ones of the boys.
    I can't even imagine how they must be feeling right now.

Thanks, Jocelyn
    Tell your brother that he has nothing to feel bad about...he tried to convince them not to drive drunk...they unfortunately chose not to listen!
    Thoughts and prayers to all the families...and to your brother as well.
    I hope others learn from this example as well...drinking and driving hurts so many people...not just those who drive drunk.
    I lost my cousin in much the same way...he was out with his brother and other friends...he and his brother went in different directions.
    My cousin was riding with another friend without his seat belt on and was similarly ejected...and died as a result...leaving a very young widow and small son.
    That was almost 10 years ago...and the thought that if people would take more control of their lives that there would be so much less emotional pain for those who are left behind doesn't diminish.
    Your brother did his best...it was his friends that let him down.
    He shouldn't feel bad about how he said it...he ultimately did it because he cared...and he probably hoped that by shocking them into realizing what could have (and unfortunately did) happen might sway them.
    But ultimately, all we can do is try and learn from what happened...and try to prevent any future tragedies.
    I hope that your brother comes to grips with it and can realize that he has nothing to be ashamed of.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

1800CULPEPPER is offline Starter

My thoughts and prayers go out to all families involved. I hate hearing stories like this because this could of happened to me. I was the one that was told not to drive. We were at a friends b-day party at the bar, well the bar closed. We were going to an after the bar party out in the country with some girls my single friends had hooked up with. We left with a sober girl driving, since I was the only one married and two small children, I wasn't going to stay at the party long. I insisted, against everyones wishes, that they drop me off at my Jeep. I wanted to drive myself. I had a good friend ride with me. We were so drunk I didn't force my own seatbelt law in my Jeep.

We were following the girls to the party, we got about a mile away and we were heading down a hill, hit some washboard road in the gravel and started to bounce sideways down the hill. We rolled the Jeep three times end over end. We both flew out. The Jeep landed with the drivers door right on my chest breaking five ribs, I was cut on my right side of my body from skidding down a barb wire fence. I had several bumps and bruises all over my body. My friend luckily only got a bump on his head and a few scratches. I am glad I got the worst of it. We are VERY lucky to be alive. If we would have just stayed with the designated driver we would have been fine. But like these guys, drunk and stupid just took over, and no voice of reason was affective. I hardly drink anymore, and defintly don't drive drunk, I count my blessings everyday, I know there was someone looking down on us that night, I bet someone was looking down on your brother, not letting him get in the car with them.
    I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it!!

All sad stories. My prayers go out to all of you.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

I feel for you, your brother and the family of the 2 young men that were killed I know your brother and their families are going through hell right now.

I buried 9 good friends that were my age by the time I was 25 including my best friend since we were 5 years old.
    I sat with parents and siblings of those friends and watched it eat them up and almost pull their families apart.

I know it is hard to hear but time does heal the wounds, a little.
    It will be hard for your brother and the families to get through these next 2 weeks that is for sure, but down the road they will be able to look back and remember the good times and it won't make them cry to remember them, most of the time.

What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast