Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

for those who take protein powder

"enlvikeman" wrote:
    "coreychavous21" wrote:
    i have heard lots of good stuff about creatine but i dont no if its the best or not. is taking just protein powder better than that?

creatine is great stuff! after taking it for any period of time you can log on ebay and find yourself a new liver.

just eat right and work out. i've never consumed a protein powder, weight gainer nor multi vitimain in my life and i'm in great shape.
    so your sayin creatine is bad for you? i havent ever takin anything like protein powder or anything like that either but i need to gain 10 more pounds by next football season. I have already gained 14 pounds in 5 months, but now i am putting on weight really slow

enlvikeman is offline Hall of Famer

Put it to you this way, if abused or not consumed according to instructions I have seen first hand what sort of damage it can do. We have a guy on our departments tactical unit who had to retire at age 33 from the effects of creatine. I'm not saying this would or will happen to you, I just don't trust anything alledging it can enhance your performance. Eat right (that includes no alcohol) and exercise on a regular basis. Trust me it works!

"24 mil under the cap? there are teams 30 mil over the cap, heck that gives us at least 50 mil to spend"

CollegeGuyJeff circa 2006

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"enlvikeman" wrote:
    creatine is great stuff! after taking it for any period of time you can log on ebay and find yourself a new liver.
    Nice!

I do not think people are really aware of the dangers of creatine. It has not been mainstream to long.

You can take too much protein also, and it is not good for you to do so. I keep things to a minimum. Just remember, it is the weight training that is the important factor, not blowing hundred on supplements. I work with a guy that spends between $80-$100 a week on supps. Yes, he could be on the cover of GQ, but he could probably do so without the supps.

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

So....has anyone been subpoenaed to the Steroid hearings?
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

mark is offline Asst. Coach

Re: for those who take protein powder

"triple_24" wrote:
    being a man of a non existing blender i have to mix all my protein powders and muscle gainers by hand! it takes forever and it still leaves huge clumps, it just looks like i poured a gallon of milk into the container and drank that! anyone got any sugestion on a better way to mix it without a blender (besides go buy one)

As a baseball player i got to say forget the shakes and do steroids :naka:
    <!--
    sig -->

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"LosAngelis" wrote:
    So....has anyone been subpoenaed to the Steroid hearings?
    This guy has! :lol:

sitandbehitski is offline Asst. Coach

LMAO!!!
    I may be an a$$, but at least I m a smart one

triple_24 is offline Training Camp

well being a man of a 6'1 stature and 250+ any kind of muscle gainer and protien powder i can get ahold of will help. and yeah creatine is bad for you if you drink it, inject it in your veins and snort it, but if you do it in moderation like if you take it 2 times a day one at night and one in the morning its not going to kill you. its like anything else, all these baseball players that abuse the hell out of weight loss pills crap like that are giving these supliments bad names. like that one player that died cause of the ephedra....i mean the tacked the blame on his weight loss pills, they didnt account for how many he took, how soon he took them, if he used energy drinks to take them or anything like that....its upsetting all the blame supliments are getting now a days because of people who abuse them.
    the objective of flying is to throw yourself at the ground and miss

randy moss on his fine: hell if i would have known it was $10,000 dollars i would whipped my d*ck out and slapped the pole with it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12