least favorite presidents.
    Nixon
    Bush's
    Carter
    Taft

Viking_Spirit is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Those slimeballs!

"magicci" wrote:
    clinton didnt need his defining moment because he kept us peaceful. if thats not a good thing for a leader than what is?
    We were mostly peacful (meaning no major conflicts we were involved in) under Jimmy Carter. Jimmy Carter was a horrible President. We were peaceful under Presidents like Franklin Pearce and Rutherford B. Hayes, but do you ever hear those names go down as great Presidents?

I think Clinton was a bad President (I think he was bad on forgien policy, and I think he gets too much credit for our economic prosperity in the 90's, but I'll give him props on Welfare Reform), but I'll spare everyone the rant. And honestly, I don't want to type that much.

BTW, when I said Reagan ended communisim, I should've specified Communist Russia. That's what I was thinking, I just didn't type it.

Another thing, I don't think Roe V. Wade will ever be overturned. But, I think the reason many who want Roe v. Wade overturned vote for Republicans is that Republicans fight for restrictions on abortion like banning partial-birth abortion, tougher parental notification laws, etc.

Guns don t kill people. Chuck Norris kills people.

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

ok well i dont wanna really argue anymore so do we have a truce?

"magicci" wrote:
    ok well i dont wanna really argue anymore so do we have a truce?
    I'm not trying to argue with you, I'm just trying to have a healthy debate. I apoligize if you took it as arguing.

ok yea well debate then i dont think it was really arguing but it was just the first word that popped into my head, im a bit tired just got back from practice and then a passing tourney.

"magicci" wrote:
    least favorite presidents.
    Nixon
    Bush's
    Carter
    Taft
    I agree with you on Carter (because of just about everything he did), Bush 41 ("read my lips, no new taxes" and then raises taxes), Nixon (that goes without saying)...but I'm gonna have to part with ya on George W. I'm quite the George W. fan...I worked for his campaign.

Question-were you around here when we had the political fourm last year?

i was around but never went in cause im not really into politics.

"ColoradoVike" wrote:
    [quote]"Viking_Spirit" wrote:
    "magicci" wrote:

Bill Clinton didn't have any defining moments, nor did he face any great challenges during his Presidency. So, I don't think Bill Clinton can be considered a great president, regardless of how you feel about him.
    I believe Clinton did have an extremely defining moment, but it's not punctuated with an international war or a national crisis. Clinton's "third way" coaxed and encouraged other countries to join the global free market economy. In the process, democracy spread, and more countries are now involved in a thick network of trade and communications now known as globalization. In the wake of Soviet Collapse and the rise of "emerging markets" in East and South Asia, Clinton's administration acted at a pivotal moment to help cement the adoption of democracy and free market capitalism. It was during this time that America was looked upon VERY favorably in the world scene and, in total view, the world enjoyed a period of peace. So, not only were things good domestically, as DR points out, but thinks were good internationally. And that was a lot of work.

For any interested, there is a film"Commanding Heights" that examines the development of the world economy after 1990. It's really well done, very compelling, and it dicusses the economic policies of 3 different American presidents. The film is not pro/anti anyone. However, you do get a sense of all the different actors involved in nuturing the development of a truly global free market.
    Good point you make there-I'll have to look more into that. I'll also have to look into watching that film sometime.

"Viking_Spirit" wrote:
    [quote]"ColoradoVike" wrote:
    "Viking_Spirit" wrote:
    "magicci" wrote:

Bill Clinton didn't have any defining moments, nor did he face any great challenges during his Presidency. So, I don't think Bill Clinton can be considered a great president, regardless of how you feel about him.
    I believe Clinton did have an extremely defining moment, but it's not punctuated with an international war or a national crisis. Clinton's "third way" coaxed and encouraged other countries to join the global free market economy. In the process, democracy spread, and more countries are now involved in a thick network of trade and communications now known as globalization. In the wake of Soviet Collapse and the rise of "emerging markets" in East and South Asia, Clinton's administration acted at a pivotal moment to help cement the adoption of democracy and free market capitalism. It was during this time that America was looked upon VERY favorably in the world scene and, in total view, the world enjoyed a period of peace. So, not only were things good domestically, as DR points out, but thinks were good internationally. And that was a lot of work.

For any interested, there is a film"Commanding Heights" that examines the development of the world economy after 1990. It's really well done, very compelling, and it dicusses the economic policies of 3 different American presidents. The film is not pro/anti anyone. However, you do get a sense of all the different actors involved in nuturing the development of a truly global free market.
    Good point you make there-I'll have to look more into that. I'll also have to look into watching that film sometime.
    Thank you Colorado, you rewrote my comment in better words. I appreciate that, it also made me sound a little smarter. lol

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast