Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni

Those damn Russians...

I'd like to know if there's anyone else who has this problem:

I'm basically a mutt. I have Norwegian, English, French-Canadian (so I'm not ENTIRELY white), Slovenian, and German lineage. On my dad's side, my ancestors were almost all German (specifically, Prussian). I can trace my father's side of the family back to my great-great-great grandfather who immigrated here, but I don't know anything about the people who came before him because the a-holes in the Russian Army during World War II were so pissed at the Germans that they decided to bulldoze all the graves and destroy all the records when they advanced over German lands. Thus, anyone with roots in East Germany is screwed because the Russians were so P.O.'d that, when they were running out of Nazis to kill, they decided to screw over some Germans who were already dead.

Has this happened to any of you guys?

"This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

ChezPizmo is offline Coordinator

Re: Those gol

Uh, yeah. S-sure has.
    [size=11pt]"The only thing better than food & football is maybe Brett Favre."

[size=8pt]

-John Madden on Thanksgiving while on "Mike & Mike In The Morning"

enlvikeman is offline Hall of Famer

Sad results of war. Of course the Germans were no Angels in warfare either. Actually next to the Japanese, Chinese and Vietnamese they were the worse. In regards of the treating of POW's and civilians.
    My grandfather served in WWII in Europe and told me nightmares about the German army. His best friend was taken captive for a time and had his testicles removed before being returned to the U.S. army with a nazi symbol burned into his azzcheek.

"24 mil under the cap? there are teams 30 mil over the cap, heck that gives us at least 50 mil to spend"

CollegeGuyJeff circa 2006

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Those gol 'darnit Russians...

"BBQ Platypus" wrote:

I'm basically a mutt. I have Norwegian, English, French-Canadian (so I'm not ENTIRELY white), Slovenian, and German lineage. On my dad's side, my ancestors were almost all German (specifically, Prussian). I can trace my father's side of the family back to my great-great-great grandfather who immigrated here, but I don't know anything about the people who came before him because the a-holes in the Russian Army during World War II were so pissed at the Germans that they decided to bulldoze all the graves and destroy all the records when they advanced over German lands. Thus, anyone with roots in East Germany is screwed because the Russians were so P.O.'d that, when they were running out of Nazis to kill, they decided to screw over some Germans who were already dead.

Have you checked baptismal records or other sources on the Internet...chances are some distant relative of yours has already done the research that far back...all you have to do is tie your line into theirs! PM me if you want to know more.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni

Re: Those gol 'darnit Russians...

"BBQ Platypus" wrote:

Im afraid I'm going to have that same problem, we currently have civil war records from 2 of the realtives on my dads side, but thats as far back as we've gone from the US side. I believe they came from Lyon, France, (Alsace-Lorraine region) Prussia in their time??..the timing of this is unreal..I'm currently disabled to work, I have PLENTY of time..lol, and was just thinking about continuing the research that my father had started, not less than 30 min. ago while in the car. If I can be of any help let me know, I will surely keep in touch with you of anything I find out . good luck !

BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni

"enlvikeman" wrote:
    Sad results of war. Of course the Germans were no Angels in warfare either. Actually next to the Japanese, Chinese and Vietnamese they were the worse. In regards of the treating of POW's and civilians.
    My grandfather served in WWII in Europe and told me nightmares about the German army. His best friend was taken captive for a time and had his testicles removed before being returned to the U.S. army with a nazi symbol burned into his azzcheek.
    Believe me, I'm fully aware of the history of the war, from the Eastern front to the Western front to the Solomon Islands to Burma.

As for the research, I wasn't the one doing it. My dad and my grandfather were looking into it, but I just felt like sounding off about it.

"This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

No, the closest thing I have come to that is my grandfather was in WW2. He had some pretty nasty things to say about the Germans so they aren't to friendly either.

As far as heritage goes. I am Italian, and a little sweedish..

ancoin is offline Starter

"enlvikeman" wrote:
    Sad results of war. Of course the Germans were no Angels in warfare either. Actually next to the Japanese, Chinese and Vietnamese they were the worse.
    Next to?? i dont think ANY one a on the Nazis level. They killed 25 millions on 6 years. One from my class´s uncle was taken and set on a train to a KZ-camp he jump of and are still alive. And his grad-dad was the 11. man but the nazis only needed 10 :shock: lucky or ?

But jet another war where the danish just gave up, but thanks to the "underground" fighters we didnt loose all honor

Thank to Lotza

ancoin is offline Starter

"Mr-holland" wrote:
    The russians killed more people then the Germans

My grandfather died in a fight against the germans with the canadians in Our town
    in the war??

Thank to Lotza

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

WW2
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast