Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

And they say cable companies aren't bad

This story makes me want to sign up for cable.

Here is a link:

http://www.kstp.com/article/stories/S9154.html?cat=1
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: And they say cable companies aren't bad

That dude should have shown up at their offices and shoved that penny up somebody's azz!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

coreyd is offline Coach

I have comcast....and they suck! It is a bummer that one company can create such a monopoly just because of a geographic region.

HEY COMCAST..... :bootyshake: :bootyshake: :bootyshake: :bootyshake: :bootyshake: :bootyshake: :bootyshake: :bootyshake: :bootyshake: :bootyshake: :bootyshake: :bootyshake: !!!!!!

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

I got gay regular cable here.. Its like 30 bucks a month for like 20 some odd channells.. Really is a rip off.. My mom still refuses to get Dish tho!

PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

blockbuster when they had thse late fees, they used to send like three bills for a measly 3.60... and threaten to go to collections. the same thing: the price to send the letters and to go collections for 3.60 is just dumb.

but one cent is even worse.

Space Coyote Guest

Comcast is a really bad company for gamers. The download speed for their Internet service is OK, but their upload speed isn't enough to play online games without major lag. And they charge over $100/mo to move up to the next tier with more speed...their "business class."

Del Rio Guest

I've had everything from dial up to T1.

Right now I have comcast and I used to game online MMPORPG style and with the exception of the T1 I used to mooch off of, DSL couldn't touch it.

But I decided since I don't game that much anymore to get away from Cable internet through comcast, mainly because I can spend that 50$ a month on food for my kid or hookers.

SamDawg84 Guest

My bad.. I didn't know people went cable modem.. I got 56K dial up.. Damn it sux!

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

"Del Rio" wrote:
    I've had everything from dial up to T1.

Right now I have comcast and I used to game online MMPORPG style and with the exception of the T1 I used to mooch off of, DSL couldn't touch it.

But I decided since I don't game that much anymore to get away from Cable internet through comcast, mainly because I can spend that 50$ a month on food for my kid or whiskey&[b] hookers[/b].

Now you're talking!!!!!
    :lol: :lol:

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

I have comcast, and I completely believe that story.

The first week we had my cable modem, it did not work at all, so we call them up, they say unplug the modem for one minute and then plug it back in (in total it was probably unplugged for over 3 hours, with all the times we tried doing that) then they say, we'll send over one of our "guys" because they apparently do not have official titles, and he comes over, barely speaks english, this dude was straight off the boat from god knows where. He tells us he doesnt know whats wrong, they don't charge us for it.

Then they tell us we'll send over someone else between 1 and 3 on wednesday, the guy's a no-show.

So we call, all pissed off, they say we're terribly sorry, he must not have gotten our message.

So they had to reschedule it for friday, the guy comes and acts all nice, and tells us he should have it fixed and I quote in a "jiffy"... I don't know what a jiffy is, but I will assume it does not mean look at our modem for three hours and not fix it.

So we call again they say they'll send over their supervisor, the head of the field workers or whatever. He comes over, steps out of his truck, looks up, before he even gets in the house he says " Jesus Christ how old is that wire?", my mom says, I don't know, it has been there since we moved in(in 1984)so the guy leaves, comes back in 15 minutes, with a big spool of cable wire, climbs up the telephone pole, runs a new wire, the modem light that says "Cable" started blinking real fast and then turns solid, I go to the first site that comes to mind, Google.

God Said, let there be internet. And it has worked perfectly ever since.

Their internet service is excellent... once it starts working.

The normal cable TV is good, but not great, their digital cable is nothing special either (directv is the way to go)

So comcast is a good company, but their low level employees are absolutely terrible.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast