Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1

    There is a semi truck pushing a guy in a wheelchair on Red Arrow Highway...

    http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/06/07/wheelchair.truck.ap/index.html

    A man was taken on a wild ride when his wheelchair became lodged in the grille of a semitrailer and was accidentally pushed down a highway for four miles at about 50 mph, authorities said.
    Holy shit!
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  2. #2
    Freya's Avatar
    Freya is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Atlantis
    Posts
    2,456

    Re: There is a semi truck pushing a guy in a wheelchair on Red Arrow Highway...

    Probably a good thing the wheelchair was 'lodged' or it could have been worse.


    Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,072

    Re: There is a semi truck pushing a guy in a wheelchair on Red Arrow Highway...

    WOW....

    I work for a trucking company here in California.
    Several years ago, we had a person in a wheelchair that started crossing a street at an intersection..against the light.
    Our truck could not see the guy and started making a right hand turn at the intersection (He had a green light)

    The wheelchair got caught up UNDER the truck and dragged the guy for a full city block before other folks could get him to stop.


    The result of the police investigation concluded that our driver did nothing wrong....the person in the wheelchair was at fault....
    luckily, there were eye witnesses to exactly what had happened.

    The person in the wheelchair was taken to the hospital and released the same day with some roadrash...but otherwise unharmed!
    I'd much rather see the Packers miss the playoffs because of their talent then because of their injuries.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,072

    Re: There is a semi truck pushing a guy in a wheelchair on Red Arrow Highway...

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/06/07/wheelchair.truck.ap/index.html

    A man was taken on a wild ride when his wheelchair became lodged in the grille of a semitrailer and was accidentally pushed down a highway for four miles at about 50 mph, authorities said.
    Holy pooh!


    Here is a picture of him!
    I'd much rather see the Packers miss the playoffs because of their talent then because of their injuries.

  5. #5
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: There is a semi truck pushing a guy in a wheelchair on Red Arrow Highway...

    "Vikefanman2000" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/06/07/wheelchair.truck.ap/index.html

    A man was taken on a wild ride when his wheelchair became lodged in the grille of a semitrailer and was accidentally pushed down a highway for four miles at about 50 mph, authorities said.
    Holy pooh!


    Here is a picture of him!
    That's a pic of the newest ride at Six Flags!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    969

    Re: There is a semi truck pushing a guy in a wheelchair on Red Arrow Highway...

    "Vikefanman2000" wrote:
    WOW....

    I work for a trucking company here in California.
    Several years ago, we had a person in a wheelchair that started crossing a street at an intersection..against the light.
    Our truck could not see the guy and started making a right hand turn at the intersection (He had a green light)

    The wheelchair got caught up UNDER the truck and dragged the guy for a full city block before other folks could get him to stop.



    oh wow!!!! that is truly amazing... I would expect to see some srious injuries accompanied with that
    The result of the police investigation concluded that our driver did nothing wrong....the person in the wheelchair was at fault....
    luckily, there were eye witnesses to exactly what had happened.

    The person in the wheelchair was taken to the hospital and released the same day with some roadrash...but otherwise unharmed!

  7. #7
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Re: There is a semi truck pushing a guy in a wheelchair on Red Arrow Highway...

    An investigation revealed the man in the wheelchair had pulled in front of the truck at a gas station, and it somehow became lodged by its handles to the front grille.
    Something doesn't smell quite right about this. How does he happen to get both handles stuck in the grille?

    If he was tryng to manuver around him he would have been struck from the side.

    If the semi was moving why would he try & cut in front of it?

    By the looks of it, he would have had to be going straight away from the semi & headed in the same direction.

    Also, his story is quite vague as to how he got tangled in the grille.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  8. #8
    BadlandsVikings's Avatar
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,569

    Re: There is a semi truck pushing a guy in a wheelchair on Red Arrow Highway...

    WEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!....OH crap I can't stop.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,072

    Re: There is a semi truck pushing a guy in a wheelchair on Red Arrow Highway...

    "singersp" wrote:
    An investigation revealed the man in the wheelchair had pulled in front of the truck at a gas station, and it somehow became lodged by its handles to the front grille.
    Something doesn't smell quite right about this. How does he happen to get both handles stuck in the grille?

    If he was tryng to manuver around him he would have been struck from the side.

    If the semi was moving why would he try & cut in front of it?

    By the looks of it, he would have had to be going straight away from the semi & headed in the same direction.

    Also, his story is quite vague as to how he got tangled in the grille.
    Conspiracy theory huh?
    Ok...how about this.....

    The truck was supposed to get up to 50mph, then slam on its brakes...thus launching "Special K" into the record books for the new wheelchair land speed record!!
    I'd much rather see the Packers miss the playoffs because of their talent then because of their injuries.

Similar Threads

  1. Cop dumps quadriplegic man from wheelchair
    By singersp in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-31-2009, 08:11 AM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-17-2008, 05:55 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-26-2008, 12:45 AM
  4. Blind archer splits one arrow with another
    By singersp in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-31-2008, 04:14 AM
  5. Motorized Wheelchair Needed
    By FedjeViking in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-05-2007, 11:01 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •