Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    ChiTownVike is offline Hall of Famer

Re: is there a ps2 or cd rom war game out there?

medal of honor (European Assualt, Ghost Recon, Rainbow Six 3, Mercenaries,

Look on the Playstation website. I just finsihed piecing my PS2 back together all by myself and I can finally get that Vikings controller for PS2 (that was my motive if I finshed it)

Thank you Josdin for the sig

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

"Del Rio" wrote:
    Yeah I have a dedicated server set up allready and a teamspeak server. Me and a few friends used to shoot it up on Raven Shield 3 but I haven't for a while.

I think the game is like 20$ now, it's fun. Let me know if any of you guys would want to get on and shoot it up, you can do a co-op or you can just go all out death match.
    FOR THE PC (The ONLY format for shooters)

For clarification, Del's talking about Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield. If you buy the Gold Pack, you get the Athena Sword addition as well. Then, you can get the third installment - Iron Wrath - FREE from a variety of mirrors.

R6III is an awesome shooter...really gritty in an urban setting.

Ghost Recon (PC)- which has 3 installments (Ghost Recon, Desert Siege, and Island Thunder), is another of the Tom Clancy series of games and shares many traits with R6III...except that it is more of a free flowing game and isn't limited to urban maps. Again, there is a Platinum Pack which contains all three - it's quite a good deal.

As for a "Conquer the World" type game, the type I think you're seeking, those are "Real Time Strategy" games. Medieval: Total War is fantastic, and I've heard good things about Rome: Total War (Although I don't have that one). I'm also a fan of Rise of Nations.

And, Del, post up the IP and time of availability on that R6II server and TS...I've got an itchy trigger finger.

Caine

Del Rio Guest

I'll post it up when I get home. I haven't played that game for a while and just thinking about the crunching of terrorist footsteps in the snow is making me want to go home sick and fire it up.

fred3105 is offline Coordinator

Rome Total War.

Also there a free Mod for the game coming out in a week or two that will make it much more realistic and a lot better looking.
    http://www.rometotalrealism.com/?id=previews&prev=huge2
    http://homepage.mac.com/vijayr/PSU/MM05PSU2.mov (Mario Manningham)

6-KINGS Guest

"Del Rio" wrote:
    I'll post it up when I get home. I haven't played that game for a while and just thinking about the crunching of terrorist footsteps in the snow is making me want to go home sick and fire it up.
    You know Del I tease you alot but I was going to say earlier that you didn't look well today.
    I mean look at ya, your all black and white.
    And that smoking........take my advice "give it up by not taking it up."

I say go on home I will cover for ya

:wink:

6-KINGS Guest

"Del Rio" wrote:
    You know Del I tease you alot but I was going to say earlier that you didn't look well today.

Del Rio Guest

"6-KINGS" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:

The only thing harder then to stop smoking is to start flossing.

Bah I get off in 2 and 1/2 hours anyway. I will just sit here and stare at the wall and get paide for it I guess. Besides if I go home early my wife will just put me to work.

C-PepNSalt is offline Pro-Bowler

Rome: Total war is awesome, a great game to pick up. It takes a long long time to beat, i'm still playing it, have been for 2 months. I don't have a lot of time to put in, but you lose track of time pretty fast with this game.

Have you tried Warhammer 40000, or Act of War? Pretty sweet games as well, as for strategy, not a whole lot, build up an army whipe the other side out.
    "Johnson, we will keep on beating them until morale improves."

BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni

The following PC games kick @$$:

Battlefield 1942: The greatest game of any kind - ever. Period. A lot like Battlefront, only it was made first and is about a thousand times cooler.

Any of the Command and Conquer games: The definitive real-time strategy series. Warcraft fans can bite my @$$. C&C rules!

"This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

There is starcraft, but thats very futuristic, and I don;t know if that is what you are looking for. That is probably one of if not the best, strategy based war games ever.

But if you want something more realistic or historical, there is The Civilization Series, Rome Total War, and The Great, Command & Conquer Series.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast