Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Is there is favoritism on PPO?

This was brought up and I'm not sure what it means

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Is there is favoritism on PPO?

It means that I'm the best,
    and I should be treated better because of it.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

How does one show favouritism on a forum?
    We're bringing purple back.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Yes there is.. There are people that others around here like alot more then others.. I don't think it's a bad thing.. These people are great posters.. Good people.. And are usually always positive

There was also some favoritism with people like Del.. He would say anything and people would agree just because it was him and they liked his opinion (even if he made shit up to test this)

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"V4L" wrote:
    Yes there is.. There are people that others around here like alot more then others.. I don't think it's a bad thing.. These people are great posters.. Good people.. And are usually always positive

There was also some favoritism with people like Del.. He would say anything and people would agree just because it was him and they liked his opinion (even if he made shit up to test this)
    It's like that in any type of social organization.

It's not so much favoritism as it is powerful personalities. For it to be favoritism I feel it would have to be displayed by authority figures, and I think the mods do a pretty good job of treating people equally.

And Del was just that, a powerful personality with excellent football knowledge. He was a bit of a bully at times and that elevated his status even further as people may have been afraid to disagree with him cause they didn't want to get the verbal smack down. And seeing other people never disagree with him led people with lesser knowledge of the game, or whatever topic was being addressed to think he was always right.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"Mr" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:

It's like that in any type of social organization.

It's not so much favoritism as it is powerful personalities. For it to be favoritism I feel it would have to be displayed by authority figures, and I think the mods do a pretty good job of treating people equally.

And Del was just that, a powerful personality with excellent football knowledge. He was a bit of a bully at times and that elevated his status even further as people may have been afraid to disagree with him cause they didn't want to get the verbal smack down. And seeing other people never disagree with him led people with lesser knowledge of the game, or whatever topic was being addressed to think he was always right.

Yup, I agree with all that.. well put

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Saw that entry as well.
    And from one of the posters I respect the most on here.
    Left me a bit befuddled as well.

Main Entry: fa·vor·it·ism

Pronunciation: \?f?-v(?-)r?-?ti-z?m, ?f?-v?r-\
    Function: noun
    Date: 1763
    1 : the showing of special favor

Anyway, not sure if I've seen anyone get special favor around here.
    Truth of the matter is that I support this site because there isn't any favoritism.

Mods are almost transparent as well as probably the fairest and easiest to get along with.
    Everyone has a voice and his/her voice can be heard, well at least as long as it stays in the bounds of no politics, religion or personnel attacks.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

I love everyone.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Marrdro" wrote:

Anyway, not sure if I've seen anyone get special favor around here.

Well there was that one time when Shock was allowed to remove the lint from Webby's sweater vest with a lint roller.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

No.

Not enough can be said about those with intelligence, insight and uniqueness.
    Del was top-notch.
    He knew football better than anyone here, smarter as hell and funnier than shit.

Cajun did not talk about football as much, but was high-strung and funny.
    Dude could really make ya laugh.

We have others who do not post as much here but command a ton of respect.
    Caine, pack32z, Snow and a ton others.
    They are not "favored", they are just liked by the majority.
    You cannot tell me that people did not search out Del's posts when he was around.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast