Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Are there CLIQUES in PPO

"Prophet" wrote:
    Yeah, if the cliques get exposed I want to be in the 'ex-jocks' crowd.
    The one where they played all kinds of sports but weren't good enough to make it to the pros.
    I'm pretty sure that group likes to party.
    Can we be in more than one clique?
    Would that be the one where half of the people end up selling used cars? Good times.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"The" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    Yeah, if the cliques get exposed I want to be in the 'ex-jocks' crowd.
    The one where they played all kinds of sports but weren't good enough to make it to the pros.
    I'm pretty sure that group likes to party.
    Can we be in more than one clique?
    Would that be the one where half of the people end up selling used cars? Good times.
    lol, i think that's it!
    I hope that one is here.
    Maybe i'll be in the part of it that lives in the alley
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Like was forementioned the site has been around a while, some people have become pretty good friends. I went to the draft part last year w/singer and got a chance to see that pp.o is much more than a website, its a group of friends. So no i do not think there are cliques, but some people have just been around awhile and have gotten to know some of the others on a personal level, not just what they have to say about the Vikings. So all I can say Creep is hang around awhile you will understand it better.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Creep" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    I was also wondering who mr. greenteeth is, great name.

Well, since there are members that have been here ranging from one day to 9 yrs and there are some that post more than others and since there are some that know each other in real life it only makes sense that some are better friends with each other than others.
    That is to be expected.
    Good answer....Proph( Always on the fingertip pulse)

But, With your answer, is there a hiarchy,....(sic) ...Just seems that some people are just "blown off".......
    And why?.....We, in theory,...are all brothers and sisters here.

Hey, This sight is a Godsend to me (if I believed in God)A guy who grew up in New Jersey...But has been a Viking fan since 1970,....It's the best place to get all my news and info, on the Vikes.........And I've just been a reg. here this year.....Other years, I am full speed into Yankee Baseball,......nothing else....
    But this year,
    I'm always checking my Viking news...It's habit forming(This Site)
    And once again I thank Webby,...And the Mrs.,.....And Sing for all the news and info,...Great finds.

But still............................................. ............................
    So this is about you not getting enough attention, posts not being quoted & feeling left out?
    :-\

Heck, I have many posts which I feel are good posts that seem to go unoticed.

I'm known mainly for posting articles & rarely get credit for my other football related insight or lack thereof.

But it all goes with the territory in a community this large.

You'll have that.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

BadlandsVikings is online now Jersey Retired

"WinonaVike" wrote:
    Like was forementioned the site has been around a while, some people have become pretty good friends. I went to the draft part last year w/singer and got a chance to see that pp.o is much more than a website, its a group of friends. So no i do not think there are cliques, but some people have just been around awhile and have gotten to know some of the others on a personal level, not just what they have to say about the Vikings. So all I can say Creep is hang around awhile you will understand it better.
    Exactly correct

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"Creep" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:

Well, since there are members that have been here ranging from one day to 9 yrs and there are some that post more than others and since there are some that know each other in real life it only makes sense that some are better friends with each other than others.
    That is to be expected.

But, With your answer, is there a hiarchy,....(sic)
    ...Just seems that some people are just "blown off".......
    Hey, This sight is a Godsend to me (if I believed in God)A guy who grew up in New Jersey...But has been a Viking fan since 1970,....It's the best place to get all my news and info, on the Vikes.........And I've just been a reg. here this year.....Other years, I am full speed into Yankee Baseball,......nothing else....
    But this year,
    And once again I thank Webby,...And the Mrs.,.....And Sing for all the news and info,...Great finds.

But still............................................. ............................
    I don't think so.
    The only people that really alienate themselves imo are the people that repeatedly say stupid things about football and prove that it isn't worth your time to read their posts.
    I think by far the majority of people on here are equal opportunity thrashers.
    Some of the people I like most on the site are also the same people that tear me a new asshole, as well as anyone else, when I/they say something stupid.
    I just don't see any cliques on the site other than the fact that I'm sure everyone has a few people that they like more than others.
    The thing I have always liked about pp.o is you better have some support for what you are saying or someone will call you on it.
    I call it asshole peer review, good stuff.
    I have many people that hate me on this site and a few I call friends and by far the majority I am indifferent too......and I lose sleep over it.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Creep" wrote:
    Who wants to admit to it????How 'bout Mr. Greenteeth????
    Lets be honest here...C'mon,..fess up, be a man
    Probably so...but that's life.

Personally, I let people earn their own attention...if they are funny, knowledgable entertaining, they usually fit in.
    If they don't, they don't.

It's not any of our jobs to include everyone in every discussion...if you want in, you gotta earn it.
    I did when I first started...it shouldn't be any different for anyone else.

I'm not saying this stuff to be a dick...the door is ALWAYS open to new and interesting members.
    Marrdro, for instance, is one that joined not to long ago, yet he is right there in the mix every day.
    There are several others that have found their niche....and they all interact with those who they relate to.
    Again, that's just life....so join in!
    ;D
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Creep is offline Pro-Bowler

You people are beautiful...I love the defensivness of it all....Keep it goin'.!!!Controversery, insights passion...
    *FIGHTING FOR PEACE, IS LIKE FUCKING FOR CELIBACY.*

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Prophet" wrote:

I don't think so.
    The only people that really alienate themselves imo are the people that repeatedly say stupid things about football and prove that it isn't worth your time to read their posts.
    I think by far the majority of people on here are equal opportunity thrashers.
    Some of the people I like most on the site are also the same people that tear me a new asshole, as well as anyone else, when I/they say something stupid.
    I just don't see any cliques on the site other than the fact that I'm sure everyone has a few people that they like more than others.
    The thing I have always liked about pp.o is you better have some support for what you are saying or someone will call you on it.
    I call it asshole peer review, good stuff.
    I have many people that hate me on this site and a few I call friends and by far the majority I am indifferent too......and I lose sleep over it.
    Seriously or is that a typo?

Or are you just intentionally putting that in there, trying to find out who pays attention & reads your posts?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Creep" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:

That is to be expected.

But, With your answer, is there a hiarchy,....(sic)
    ...Just seems that some people are just "blown off".......
    But this year,

You can be in the Yankee fan clique with me, Neph and Mr. Anderson...it's a tough row to hoe here with all these Twinks fans though! ;D
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast