Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20
  1. #11
    ThorSPL's Avatar
    ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    3,422

    Re: Is there anyting in the news besides Politics and people getting Killed?

    http://apnews.excite.com/article/20080208/D8UMABJ80.html

    Damn, school shooting in my city of Baton Rouge... and I'm on campus today (LSU though)


    Trust me, I'm a doctor.

    www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

  2. #12
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    Re: Is there anyting in the news besides Politics and people getting Killed?

    "MetalMike-LoudVike" wrote:
    well it depends if ya want depressing news stick to CNN or Fox and Friends.Now I check BBC News once in awhile its a very calming change of pace where snails and speedbumps could be the big story of the day. Other than that I get my news off the net.
    NPR?

  3. #13
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,275

    Re: Is there anyting in the news besides Politics and people getting Killed?

    I thought this story was very uplifting, a true miracle(term gets used way to often but I think this qualifies).
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23050298/


    Doll? No, it's a baby found alive after tornado
    Rescuers were walking through rubble when 11-month-old suddenly moved


    updated 11:15 a.m. CT, Thurs., Feb. 7, 2008
    CASTALIAN SPRINGS, Tenn. - The muddy field was littered with debris after a wave of violent storms: living room couches, strollers, children's toys. So when two rescuers came upon a baby, they thought he was a doll.

    Then he moved.

    "We grabbed hold of his neck (to take a pulse) and he took a breath of air and started crying," said David Harmon, a firefighter from a
    nearby county who was combing the field for tornado victims.


  4. #14
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    Re: Is there anyting in the news besides Politics and people getting Killed?

    "snowinapril" wrote:
    what to do with your extra coin?
    rent bobo, he is creepy!


    [youtube=425,350]gdfvWAp5GUw&rel[/youtube]
    nobody found this amusing and light hearted.

  5. #15
    VikingMike's Avatar
    VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: Is there anyting in the news besides Politics and people getting Killed?

    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "MetalMike-LoudVike" wrote:
    well it depends if ya want depressing news stick to CNN or Fox and Friends.Now I check BBC News once in awhile its a very calming change of pace where snails and speedbumps could be the big story of the day. Other than that I get my news off the net.
    NPR?

    Excellent choice, Snow.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

    Come from the land of the ice and snow...

  6. #16
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    Re: Is there anyting in the news besides Politics and people getting Killed?

    "VikingMike" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "MetalMike-LoudVike" wrote:
    well it depends if ya want depressing news stick to CNN or Fox and Friends.Now I check BBC News once in awhile its a very calming change of pace where snails and speedbumps could be the big story of the day. Other than that I get my news off the net.
    NPR?

    Excellent choice, Snow.
    I find NPR (rarely listen to it or any news for that matter) matter of fact, not fear based
    They are low keyed and even monotone in a good way.

  7. #17
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,407

    Re: Is there anyting in the news besides Politics and people getting Killed?

    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    what to do with your extra coin?
    rent bobo, he is creepy!


    [youtube=425,350]gdfvWAp5GUw&rel[/youtube]
    nobody found this amusing and light hearted.
    My Favorite Super Bowl commercial... I posted in the SB Comm thread.

    "That's him... Bobo over there."
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  8. #18
    Garland Greene's Avatar
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: Is there anyting in the news besides Politics and people getting Killed?

    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    I thought this story was very uplifting, a true miracle(term gets used way to often but I think this qualifies).
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23050298/


    Doll? No, it's a baby found alive after tornado
    Rescuers were walking through rubble when 11-month-old suddenly moved


    updated 11:15 a.m. CT, Thurs., Feb. 7, 2008
    CASTALIAN SPRINGS, Tenn. - The muddy field was littered with debris after a wave of violent storms: living room couches, strollers, children's toys. So when two rescuers came upon a baby, they thought he was a doll.

    Then he moved.

    "We grabbed hold of his neck (to take a pulse) and he took a breath of air and started crying," said David Harmon, a firefighter from a
    nearby county who was combing the field for tornado victims.

    I heard about that story, it just seemed like it got buried with how many people died. Which is to bad. It just seems like if its not negative its not news worthy anymore.
    :-

  9. #19
    VikingMike's Avatar
    VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: Is there anyting in the news besides Politics and people getting Killed?

    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "VikingMike" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "MetalMike-LoudVike" wrote:
    well it depends if ya want depressing news stick to CNN or Fox and Friends.Now I check BBC News once in awhile its a very calming change of pace where snails and speedbumps could be the big story of the day. Other than that I get my news off the net.
    NPR?

    Excellent choice, Snow.
    I find NPR (rarely listen to it or any news for that matter) matter of fact, not fear based
    They are low keyed and even monotone
    in a good way.

    Yes, and the delivery is as unbiased as possible.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

    Come from the land of the ice and snow...

  10. #20
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,005

    Re: Is there anyting in the news besides Politics and people getting Killed?

    "VikingMike" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "VikingMike" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "MetalMike-LoudVike" wrote:
    well it depends if ya want depressing news stick to CNN or Fox and Friends.Now I check BBC News once in awhile its a very calming change of pace where snails and speedbumps could be the big story of the day. Other than that I get my news off the net.
    NPR?

    Excellent choice, Snow.
    I find NPR (rarely listen to it or any news for that matter) matter of fact, not fear based
    They are low keyed and even monotone
    in a good way.

    Yes, and the delivery is as unbiased as possible.
    Are you kidding me? NPR is the most liberal news outlet in the country.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

    When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Guns don't kill people, INTs kill people
    By Zeus in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-21-2010, 11:53 AM
  2. Ex-Viking 'People Eater' became a people helper
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-05-2009, 07:28 AM
  3. Don't discuss politics, you might get stabbed
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-26-2008, 09:53 PM
  4. CAUTION: POLITICS
    By ryanmurphy in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 257
    Last Post: 06-19-2005, 06:01 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •