Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

Is there anyting in the news besides Politics and people getting Killed?

Seriously I am getting to the point of not even watching the news.
    It is just getting to depressing. People dying in Tornadoes, factories blowing up, Police stadoffs, Shootings in a school, at a city hall, shopping malls. I understand the elections are coming up. But if its not that then its another death of some kind. Isn't there some good news for anything?

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Is there anyting in the news besides Politics and people getting Killed?

Yes, the subprime mess and recession.
    Time to slit wrists (not literally).
    It gets depressing.

There is always the E-trade commercials with the baby investor to lighten the day.

[youtube=425,350]6vW9gUmooFg&rel[/youtube]

what to do with your extra coin?
    rent bobo, he is creepy!

[youtube=425,350]gdfvWAp5GUw&rel[/youtube]

Json is offline GM

In the eyes of the media, life sucks and we are all in danger.
    It's sad that even I myself find myself reading those articles for nothing more then the next shock value story to break(besides the ones about kids being killed, I have yet to be able to stomach those types of story being that I'm a new father in the past couple years).

I will say that I truly believe that a majority of Americans are good people with good moral standings and we as a country are far from mass chaos, but I'm also not stupid enough to think the world is all peaches in cream.
    I just wonder how much the media plays in a roll in more crimes being committed because of copy cat morons.
    School shootings seem to have increased ever since the media blitz at Columbine.

I truly don't see any change coming due to the first amendment and the only real good way to avoid being depressed is to
    ignore as much news as you can.
    It's just too bad that humans thrive on such crazy, negative story's the way we do, and to make it worse I must admit I'm one of those bastards
    :-[

Baby doing caddyshack!

[youtube=425,350]4vhkyMQK8TM&rel[/youtube]

"Json" wrote:
    It's sad that even I myself find myself reading those articles for nothing more then the next shock value story to break(besides the ones about kids being killed, I have yet to be able to stomach those types of story being that I'm a new father in the past couple years).

I will say that I truly believe that a majority of Americans are good people with good moral standings and we as a country are far from mass chaos, but I'm also not stupid enough to think the world is all peaches in cream.
    I just wonder how much the media plays in a roll in more crimes being committed because of copy cat morons.
    School shootings seem to have increased ever since the media blitz at Columbine.

I truly don't see any change coming due to the first amendment and the only real good way to avoid being depressed is to
    It's just too bad that humans thrive on such crazy, negative story's the way we do, and to make it worse I must admit I'm one of those bastards

First, I am not mocking anyone, just making a statement.

Move to Alaska or Montana and unplug the TV and the Internet.
    Mainsteam society lives in the here and now.
    No way to escape that without making a huge change on our part to avoid it.

Cable TV (CNN)
    Internet

The two things that sped this process up.
    Now, we want out sports scores sent to our phone or to access it on the web when we want it.
    We are the ones that ask for the bombardment.

It is a lifestyle!

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"snowinapril" wrote:

Cable TV (CNN)
    Internet

Now, we want out sports scores sent to our phone or to access it on the web when we want it.

It is a lifestyle!
    I've got to agree with you there. Good points all around.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Json" wrote:

Truth be told, I also have a very hard time with stories about children too, so I know where you are coming from there.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

"C" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:

Cable TV (CNN)
    Internet

It is a lifestyle!
    I've got to agree with you there. Good points all around.

I think it's all Don Henley's fault. Ever since "Dirty Laundry" and the "bubble-headed bleach blonde" came out, it's been all downhill.

It's crazy, but all the TV and newspaper media want to report are disasters. You rarely see any feel-good stories, only the horrific ones. And as far as the school shootings, it only takes one moron who wants to become "famous". I have an excellent memory, but I refuse to waste valuable brain space storing the names of these creeps. But like you guys say, they're only giving their audience what they crave.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

MetalMike-LoudVike is offline Hall of Famer

well it depends if ya want depressing news stick to CNN or Fox and Friends.Now I check BBC News once in awhile its a very calming change of pace where snails and speedbumps could be the big story of the day. Other than that I get my news off the net.
    IN THE PITS ON THE RIVER BEDS EVRY VIKING FAN WILL RISE & VAHALLA SHALL REJOICE WITH THE MOST GLORIOUS PRIZE LOMBARDI'S TROPHY

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast