Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Re: thanks vikings, purple fridays cancelled at my school......

Im sorry Zim.. That's dumb they did that

Del Rio Guest

Re: thanks vikings, purple fridays cancelled at my school...

Oh and of course there is this little tid bit of neglected joy......

"One is, when the particulars of this story come out, I think it's going to be perceived by most people as just horrendous. I want to be very, very careful that we not put a name out there of somebody who wasn't there because the implications, I think, will be serious. Secondly, not everyone (who) was on board (who) was a Viking participated in this. My crew members tell me there were a couple of them that kept saying, `I'm sorry.' ... There were players that were embarrassed by it."

So you had a whole lot of people on the boats. Friends and such. A couple players.........15 confirmed by an "unamed" player who was on the boat. Out of the 15 players not all of them were doing anything wrong. Sounds like a couple people got out of hand and ruined the intended fun. Who knows how involved players friends were and such.

DEEP PURPLE is offline Starter

I havn't heard anything about the sex drugs and rock'n'roll party boat, can sombody please explain the situation or give me a link to a story that I can read. Thanks!
    If I hear Michelle Bonner say "He works that one to right" one more time, I m getting on a plane for Bristol, going to the ESPNEWS set, and ripping out her vocal cords.

ShanePurpleBlood is offline Coordinator

Here is a clip.

Allegations of Vikings sexual misconduct aboard boats
    David Chanen, Star Tribune
    October 11, 2005 BOAT1012

Authorities are investigating whether Minnesota Vikings players were involved in allegations of criminal sexual conduct on charter boats Thursday on Lake Minnetonka.

A woman who apparently was working as a hostess on one of the boats called Mound police about 7:30 p.m. to report possible prostitution, drugs and sex acts, according to police reports. The information was coming from her brother’s girlfriend, who was working as a hostess on the boat, the report said. The girlfriend said the boat was chartered by the Minnesota Vikings.

The Hennepin County Sheriff’s Office said it is investigating a report of alleged criminal conduct on an Al and Alma’s charter boat. Nobody has been arrested and no suspects have been identified, said Sgt. Haans Viteks. He wouldn’t confirm or deny whether any Vikings were involved.

“It was a stag party atmosphere on the boat with allegations of strippers and sexual conduct,’’ he said. “We’re still trying to sort things out at this time.’’
    Read the rest:

http://www.startribune.com/stories/510/5663339

Another great sig by PPE!
    SKOL VIKINGS!!!
    Vikings #1
    Raiders #2
    Hawkeyes #1
    Longhorns #2

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"Del Rio" wrote:

"One is, when the particulars of this story come out, I think it's going to be perceived by most people as just horrendous. I want to be very, very careful that we not put a name out there of somebody who wasn't there because the implications, I think, will be serious. Secondly, not everyone (who) was on board (who) was a Viking participated in this. My crew members tell me there were a couple of them that kept saying, `I'm sorry.' ... There were players that were embarrassed by it."
    When it comes down to it, it will be a very select few. It is unfair to start attaching this whole incident to the team.

All Del Rio was saying to you Zim is it is unfortunate that the Prince of your school had to be influenced by the Press. It is a no name situation right now to protect the players on the team that weren't directly involved, so people are thinking this is a team effort. When we know that it is impossible for the whole team to have been on the same page, god knows it hasn't happened yet this season, why should they start being on the same page now.

If the press would just do there job (reporting what is necessary) and not alway put the DRAMA factor on it. They are playing this for all that it is worth. Your kids got the shaft, they got denied a learning experience.

Maybe you should come up with another learning solution that doesn't involve the Purple aspect. Fill the void. The kids will still wear purple on Fridays. I hope that the principal is not going to send out a letter, that would totally be drama on his part. The kids won't even notice the real reason and they shouldn't have to.

You can have purple fridays and tell them where the LSU Tigers are playing. There are other options. It is just unfortunate that the KIDS get the worst end of this.

It is always a few that ruin it for all.

6-KINGS Guest

"Del Rio" wrote:

So you had a whole lot of people on the boats. Friends and such. A couple players.........15 confirmed by an "unamed" player who was on the boat. Out of the 15 players not all of them were doing anything wrong. Sounds like a couple people got out of hand and ruined the intended fun. Who knows how involved players friends were and such.
    Just my sharp edged way of saying the same thing.
    Let kids be kids.

Just because something looks bad, does not mean the entire issue should be tossed out.
    Kind of like throwing the baby out with the bath water.
    The reality is, we live in a society that is very sexual and self indulgent.
    This will be the world they grow up in and live in.
    Best to take things like this and like what happened with Clinton and use them as a teaching tool on how just the appearance of wrong doing can be made to look like a reality in the eyes of the public.
    And if wrong was done, show what the right choice could have been, and how things would turn out better.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

"zimtwister" wrote:
    i'm sure they can still wear it but i do not get to go on p.a. and say" the vikings will be playing the bears this week in the state of illionois which is 375 miles SE of us [they follow on their maps] then i say gooooooooooo vikings!" p.s. i know it sounds a little *** but these are young kids and they think [thought] it was so cool. i am sad.

zim I didn't know you were a teacher! I think that is (was) great that you did that. Not only do you get to see the greatest color/jerseys on Friday's but you also get kids into football, the vikes and they also are learning about where places are and how far the vikes travel! Good work zim!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

"6-KINGS" wrote:
    Best to take things like this and like what happened with Clinton and use them as a teaching tool on how just the appearance of wrong doing can be made to look like a reality in the eyes of the public.
    And if wrong was done, show what the right choice could have been, and how things would turn out better.
    Bad visual!!

I can just see mom pulling out the d**do, "if you see one of these or your friends have one of these, don't do it."

Dad chimes in, "also, if there are alcohol and drugs involved, remember, they impare your judgement. Use them in moderation. Uncle Jerry, he doesn't use them in moderation, that is why he gets thrown out of the bowling alley every other night."

zimtwister is offline Coach

snow- lol thanks vikes- i'm a pukerpickerupper, please do not put me down by calling me a teacher. j/k maybe the media is crazy or i am.
    "you dream of beating me, its time you wake up and apologize."

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast