Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    zimtwister is offline Coach

thanks vikings, purple fridays cancelled at my school......

this is a K-2 school. i started purple pride fridays- most of the kids would wear jerseys or purple on fridays. the principal thought in light of what is happening to cancel for the rest of season. thanks purple heros. this is front page news here [the sex and drug boat party] wow, how depressing. the kids loved it and i enjoyed talking to them on mondays about the game. no more this year.........thanks smoot and the other 17 plus vikings who have wrecked something fun and good.
    "you dream of beating me, its time you wake up and apologize."

Del Rio Guest

Re: thanks vikings, purple fridays cancelled at my school...

So the color purple is banned on Fridays? LMAO!

Re: thanks vikings, purple fridays cancelled at my school......

i'm sure they can still wear it but i do not get to go on p.a. and say" the vikings will be playing the bears this week in the state of illionois which is 375 miles SE of us [they follow on their maps] then i say gooooooooooo vikings!" p.s. i know it sounds a little gay but these are young kids and they think [thought] it was so cool. i am sad.

Del Rio Guest

I just think it is a bit ridiculous on your schools part to punish the kids for something that a FEW players took part in.

I guarantee it doesn't hurt the players who did it feelings.

It's just an unjustified and extreemly premature decision IMO.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

I have absolutely no idea whats going on.

Why can't they wear jerseys? What about smoot? Drugs and sex boat party?

17 plus is not a few! this is not about the players feelings, its about the kids. we do not want to glorify this kind of behavior. if you lived here, you could not turn on radio or tv with out being blasted by this. it is the biggest story ever about the vikings. wait til this weekend and you will be hearing more and more about it down there. i can not tell you how big of this is up here. you cant sheild the kids from it. suspend em all and i dont care if we win again this year. [we wont anyway]

Del Rio Guest

That's just has drama queen material written all over it.

On a team of 50+ I'd say 17 is a few. It certainly isn't enough to justify attaching that moral pompasity to an entire team. Hey all I am saying is if it was my kids school I would still have him wearing his jerseys if he wanted. I would encourage it.

Like I said your taking it away from the kids. So your only hurting them.

Meh... \_/

i wont be able to get across how big of a story this is so i give up. 17 is about 20-25% of the team. the kids hear vikings and think sex/drugs [in the last two days] thats why its cancelled. ask anybody around here ---what about them vikes, and you will hear -suspend and fine them! i cant explain the atmosphere up here, you will have to wait for it to become more national.....................wow, frustration with a capital F!

6-KINGS Guest

"zimtwister" wrote:
    i wont be able to get across how big of a story this is so i give up. 17 is about 20-25% of the team. the kids hear vikings and think sex/drugs [in the last two days] thats why its cancelled. ask anybody around here ---what about them vikes, and you will hear -suspend and fine them! i cant explain the atmosphere up here, you will have to wait for it to become more national.....................wow, frustration with a capital F!
    What the hell did you do for the 8 years Clinton was President?
    Pretend we didn't have a President, well we really didn't but that is a whole other thread.

LOL

Uh oh.................incoming!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Bravo 5, this is Bravo 6, attack is eminent!
    Repeat attack is eminent!

Del Rio Guest

I was going to ask the president question too, only tie it into war, and the pledge......

It's misdirected angst imo. Just my two cents. You posted it, not sure what you were looking for. My personal take on it is what the hell ever makes your school board sleep better at night.

I guess a better thing to do would be to cut the kid off from the media attention over this. Since the media is the driving force behind this. They obviously have convinced at least one school that the action of a few consitutes the moral standings of an entire organization. Never mind that the players may very well be punished by the law, and if they are they would be in line to be punished by the organization even if it is only in the form of fines. To understand that would take thought though, and not just an appetite for everything media. Then again parents would actually have to parent and that would be asking too damn much they would have to talk to their kids, help them understand the situation.

NO NO it's easier to lift a rug sweep it under and let ignorance take over.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast