Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thanks All!!!

bono is offline Hall of Famer

Thanks All!!!

I would like to thank everyone who prayed/was concerned for my family during the wake of my sister's death (Saturday, July 16,2005, 5:30 p.m.). The wake is today. I wasn't able to attend it...had to work.
    I'll be at the funeral tomorrow at 11 a.m. THANK GOD!
    I still can't really believe she's gone. she was so young (33)...left behind three children (one who is a one-year-old). I know she's in a better place, so that makes things so much easier to deal with!

her children are doing swell! The two older children -at the age at which they know what death means-still really miss her. but, the youngest (the one-year-old son)is really doing good! He's not at that age yet where he really knows what's what, ya know. But, he is definately being taken care off (he's so spoiled now!!!). I told my mom that since last week, when my sister pasted away, he seems to have aged a full year!! Wow, he's really getting big (looks just like a little man...just like his mom used to claim he was)!!!!
    Just so you all know, my sister was really, really sick. Most people didn't know how sick she was (not even me)...don't let the outer appearance fool ya. The doctor said what he believes happened was that she had a blood clot in the vein near her heart on last monday, it exploded...blood shot up to the back of her brain, causing cells to quickly die off...it eventually caused her to go into a coma on Monday, then by Tuesday, it was said that one side of her brain was 60% dead, and the other 40%. By Friday, x-rays showed that there was no more blood in her brain...brain dead/cells all dead. Surgery wouldn't have done any good. The decision was pretty much made Friday night, but told to the doctor on Saturday, after her oldest child said that while on one of the hospital elevators, she her her mom call her name and say she was all right. Of course, she begin to cry...then told my mom. We believe that was my sister's way of letting us know that she was all right; don't continue to hold on to her (i.e. her dead body in the hospital)...let her go. The doctor didn't pull the plug, for, my family didn't want that. Instead, her body gave out on its own by 5:30p.m. in the comfort of family and friends. I wasn't there of course...had to be at work at 5 p.m.
    But, again, I know she's happy...no more sickness...no more multiple things of medication, etc.
    Furthermore, my mom said that two weeks ago before all this happened -while she was over her house- she asked my mom to take care of her children if something were to happen to her...she didn't want her children to be split up. She said that if my mom were to take care of her children, she knew they'd be in good hands, and that she'd be at peace knowing it. Of course, my mom -even though she knew she'd definately take care of her grand children if something were to happen to her-didn't really take her seriously. Both my parents thought that they'd be called home before either one of their children (just like most parents believe). My father said that the day she was rushed to the hospital last week -sometime before our world came crashing in -she said that all she was concerned about was her children (i.e. taking care of them; making sure they had food to eat; happy, etc). So, I just know she's so happy now, knowing that her family hasn't abandoned her three sweet children!!! I'm sure she's just tickled at the way her one-year-old son is growing up (more teeth have grown in...got a hair cut...traveling more...meeting knew people, etc)!!!! That's all she wanted while here on her.
    Family and friends (just like all of you) have been so supportive of us! We really haven't had to do any cooking because so many people have been bringing over lots and lots of food, etc. It's truly a blessing!! THANK YOU, GOD!!!
    I told my mom that after all this is done, we (family) need to get away...take a vacation or something. Geesh! I'm so tired.
    Again, God has given me so much strength (strength i didn't know i had) to get through this. I so believe she's resting peacefully.
    Again, Love you, "Tootie."
    Thanks for the memories, big sister!!!
    BonoSugaRay IS Betamethasone Dunkin

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Thanks All!!!

Your sister has the same nickname as my mom...you guys have any Italian heritage?

I wish all of you the best...and hope that your sister's children always treasure the closeness that your family will share from having to go through such a tragic episode in this life. My cousin died in much the same circumstances...she had Crone's disease and also left behind three children (10, 5, and 1 years old)...my aunt and her husband took them in and have cherished every moment raising those children...although they miss their mother terribly, her children know that they are loved and that their mother always wanted the best for them. Your family has the unique opportunity to make this tragedy into a positive situation....one that will forever bond each of you and strengthen your love for each other. May God smile down on each of you and provide you with the strength and wisdom to guide these children as they grow up and honor the memory of their mother. Good luck, bono...and may your sister rest in peace.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Thanks Cajunvike!!!
    Your mom and my sister =Tootie?! Nawl, no Italian blood in these bones as far as I know.
    -children 10,5,1 ? My sister's three children =15, 10 and 1. Ain't that something, how your cousin had pretty much similar conditions, plus both family members who past left behind three children, and two out of the three are/were the same age at time of death, plus your mom has the same nickname as my sister?

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

I hope her children will be ok. I know its hard from what my dad tells me. His parents died when he was 6 and told me the pain and troubles he went through. Your family is still in my prayers. If you need any support Bono you know our location of contact.

Danke! Danke, Magicci!!!

jackyl is offline Hall of Famer

My condolences to you and your entire family.

michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

my condolences to you.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"bono" wrote:
    Thanks Cajunvike!!!
    Your mom and my sister =Tootie?! Nawl, no Italian blood in these bones as far as I know.
    -children 10,5,1 ? My sister's three children =15, 10 and 1. Ain't that something, how your cousin had pretty much similar conditions, plus both family members who past left behind three children, and two out of the three are/were the same age at time of death, plus your mom has the same nickname as my sister?
    As human beings, and as Americans, I guess that we are all alot more similar than we even think...we feel for you just as if it were one of us...it could have just as easily been. I am sure that all of us here at PP.O wish your family all the best, so know that we support you in your time of loss. God bless!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Condolences to you and your family, our prayers go with you at this difficult time
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

did your sister have a husband Bono?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast