Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: Thank You, SingerSP

"mrswebby" wrote:
    "2beersTommy" wrote:
    just wondering, my chiropractor and his wife are expecting a boy sometime soon, only problem is..he's a Dolphin fan, and hates the Vikings. ( I rub it in every time I go, by wearing purple & yellow) Would it be wrong to buy the baby a "viking" outfit ? lmao Or is that NOT a good idea, with the kind of neck/back manipulations he's capable of ?
    I'd recommend sending something for the Dolphins. As thoughtful as a gift is regardless, ours just wouldn't have been the same if it would have been gear for any team other than the Vikes, our personal favorite.
    Send him your old Culpepper jersey! It has the Vikings on it and now his a Fin!

That'll show him! :razz:

FedjeViking is offline Ring of Fame

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "mrswebby" wrote:
    "2beersTommy" wrote:
    just wondering, my chiropractor and his wife are expecting a boy sometime soon, only problem is..he's a Dolphin fan, and hates the Vikings. ( I rub it in every time I go, by wearing purple & yellow) Would it be wrong to buy the baby a "viking" outfit ? lmao Or is that NOT a good idea, with the kind of neck/back manipulations he's capable of ?
    I'd recommend sending something for the Dolphins. As thoughtful as a gift is regardless, ours just wouldn't have been the same if it would have been gear for any team other than the Vikes, our personal favorite.
    Send him your old Culpepper jersey! It has the Vikings on it and now his a Fin!

That'll show him! :razz:
    Oh Ultra! That is sooo cool! Yes, he has to do that! He can still get a new one at the Vikes store! :lol:
    [move]"Our day WILL come!! I just hope I LIVE long enough to see it!"[/move]

Prophet Guest

Proven once again, Singer is a class act.

No wonder they have an action figurine made after him.

Singer is far and away one of the most generous people i know, defidently a real class act, anyone who thinks differently has something wrong with them.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

I am going to be openly honest here.

During this past weekend, and at other times, I seem to find myself questioning why I choose to spend so much time here on PP.O. I question whether being a moderator and having to endure headaches and hold my tongue all the time is worth it. I too get excited and a little over passionate about the Vikings and moves the team leaders make, but I try to take a balanced approach to it and not get too worked up. Players come and go these days so much that it’s hardly even worth getting attached to them; I chose to stay attached to the team. Then a guy gets traded or we have a draft that some people do not feel was the right thing to do or pick to take. Then true colors shine and their lack of "class" is blinding to me and a whole lot of people here. Now, its not just contained in 1 or 2 threads, but they choose to make dozens of posts that make themselves look like donkey butts and I feel that the Viking fan base IQ has plummeted to a new all-time low.

It’s times like this where I just feel like walking away from PP.O and cleansing myself of such childish behavior. I have talked with a lot of other members who feel the same way as I do. But then I read a thank you such as this to singer for such a unselfish and kind gesture to webby and mrswebby that really makes me feel good that we truly have some great members here and there are a whole bunch of you out there. Just knowing what singer has done in the past to make somebody’s day is worth it to me. He would do this for any member and not just the guy who happens to run singer’s favorite site; that’s that kind of guy singer is and that’s what makes the PP.O membership so great. That’s what makes it near impossible for me to abandon such great, caring people!

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

People debate, right or wrong is subjective. That's the purpose of most boards.

You get that with everything else here. If you let the pipsqueaks get to you then they've won. hehehehe

We also have some of the classiest fans on the web here whether they all agree or not. Its like a family to me now......its great being able to travel and hook up with people and meet fans from around the country!

Except for when they cheer for Ohio State. ptui! just kidding.

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    I am going to be openly honest here.

During this past weekend, and at other times, I seem to find myself questioning why I choose to spend so much time here on PP.O. I question whether being a moderator and having to endure headaches and hold my tongue all the time is worth it. I too get excited and a little over passionate about the Vikings and moves the team leaders make, but I try to take a balanced approach to it and not get too worked up. Players come and go these days so much that it’s hardly even worth getting attached to them; I chose to stay attached to the team. Then a guy gets traded or we have a draft that some people do not feel was the right thing to do or pick to take. Then true colors shine and their lack of "class" is blinding to me and a whole lot of people here. Now, its not just contained in 1 or 2 threads, but they choose to make dozens of posts that make themselves look like donkey butts and I feel that the Viking fan base IQ has plummeted to a new all-time low.

It’s times like this where I just feel like walking away from PP.O and cleansing myself of such childish behavior. I have talked with a lot of other members who feel the same way as I do. But then I read a thank you such as this to singer for such a unselfish and kind gesture to webby and mrswebby that really makes me feel good that we truly have some great members here and there are a whole bunch of you out there. Just knowing what singer has done in the past to make somebody’s day is worth it to me. He would do this for any member and not just the guy who happens to run singer’s favorite site; that’s that kind of guy singer is and that’s what makes the PP.O membership so great. That’s what makes it near impossible for me to abandon such great, caring people!
    Here here!!! Singer is the nicest guy you'd ever want to meet. When I offered to pay him for the Draft Party ticket he gave me, he declined, saying it was no problem. This guy would give you the shirt off his back, even if it was the last stitch of clothing he had on (sorry for the mental image there... :lol). Seriously though, I've spent maybe a total of eight hours talking to the guy in the two times we've met, and I already consider him a good friend!
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

You are very welcome Webby & Mrs. Webby & thank you for your kind words.

Your first child is the 1st biggest event in your lives after your wedding & I wanted to make sure your new arrival would have some Vikings outfits to wear since he or she would be born during the regular season.

I tried to find out through WBL if you were having a boy or girl so I could choose the appropriate outfits, but I learned that is not known yet. So I went the neutral route.

If I knew it was going to be a girl, I would have went with the cheerleader outfit.

Either way, boy or girl, you will be proud & wonderful parents. That I am sure of.

I also need to thank Neumdog, Shock & WBL who went out of their way to help me get the gift to you.

This site has made a difference in my life in more ways than you can possibly imagine & I'm very greatful for it being here.

I have never seen a more close-knit site in my life & I have made many friends here.

It truley is more like a family here & I appreciate all that you do to keep it going.

Congratulations again on the upcoming birth of your little Vikings fan.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

I'd like to also thank the rest of you for your kind words & thoughts. I was deeply touched & did not expect it.

Ultra, thank you for the kind offer, but it isn't necessary.

Just you coming to Minneapolis to see a game, tailgate & getting a chance to meet you, will be a pleasure.

The reason I do the things I do is to make a difference in someones life in some small way if even for a moment.

It is just the way I've always been & will continue to be.

It gives me great satisfaction & pleasure to do for others as others have done for me.

One of the greatest pleasures I get is taking someone to their first Vikings game ever, especially when they are still young.

To see a smile on a kids face is one of the greatest pleasures in life.

Thanks again every one for your kind words.

"2beersTommy" wrote:
    My advice would be to go with the Dolphin gear.

One of the last people you want to piss off is your chiropractor.

He's the one jerking your head back & fourth & wrenching on your back. I'd be doing everything possible to keep him happy.

Your chiropractor ranks right up there with your proctologist as the people you don't want to upset. :wink:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast