Thread: Texpack

Texpack

you played D1 ball right, at the U of Minnesota. What years did you play.
    Here s the most important thing: You can NEVER lose your sense of humor. Without that, you ve got NOTHING. (Divinci) James Belushi

TEXPACK is offline Pro-Bowler

Texpack

1992-1996
    Some of us will do our jobs well and some will not, but we will all be judged by only one thing - the result." --Vince Lombardi

Texpack

I got a question, who was the gopher(sp?) that played DL in I think the same time frame you were there that made the all-american team?
    Here s the most important thing: You can NEVER lose your sense of humor. Without that, you ve got NOTHING. (Divinci) James Belushi

Texpack

Lamanzer Williams was an all-american DE the year after I left. I knew him pretty well, nice people and family from Milwaukee I think?
    Some of us will do our jobs well and some will not, but we will all be judged by only one thing - the result." --Vince Lombardi

Texpack

Thanks, I've been trying to figure out his name for the longest time.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Texpack

Lamanzer Williams was fun to watch!! Not as much as our boy TC though (Tyrone Carter)!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

Texpack

Speaking of Tyrone Carter I haven't heard about him at all since we resigned him... anyone hear how he's doing in training camp?

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Texpack

"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:
    Speaking of Tyrone Carter I haven't heard about him at all since we resigned him... anyone hear how he's doing in training camp?

Sounds like he is ahead of willie offord on the safety depth chart, which is suprising considering how well the coaches have said offord has been playing. I liked TC in college, but never liked him for the vikes, since he screwed up so much. I saw him screw up a lot for the jets last year too, so I am still not a huge fan of his, even if he did go to the U of M.

Texpack

Hey Tex,
    Did you happen to play with Sean Lumpkin (safety, I think)? I think he would have been a senior when you were a freshman...not sure if he came out early or not but I think that he caught on with the Saints for a couple of years. Does anyone know what happened to him.

Texpack

He must have been ahead of me. I don't remember him?