Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Terror Attacks In Norway, July 22

A Nation In Shock After Despicable Acts Of Violence

On July 22 of 2011, the people of Norway witnessed arguably the most despicable act of blind violence since the World War 2. A bloody terror attack that, until today, seemed nearly unthinkable for the common Norwegian.. including me.

First, a huge bomb exploded in the middle of the Capital City, Oslo, killing numerous of innocent people in the process. Shortly after, a man dressed as a police officer opens fire with a machine gun at a youth camp. The man killed a double-digit number of people (mostly teens) before he was finally captured.

An Islamic extremist group has claimed credit for the attacks and says "this is only the beginning". However, he police states that the shooter is Norwegian. The police also says that he's most likely connected to the bombing too. The motive is still unknown as of date.

This is close to first-hand experience

I live in Oslo and I can see the smoke from burning buildings from where I live and I must admit this was a bit of a wake-up call. Thank God none of my friends or family members were in the city today, but my thoughts go out to the victims!

It's like hell struck the "Scandinavian Paradise" for a day. Of all places! This is the safest place on Earth with the highest standard of living. A nation known for peace and stability. It just shows us that evil can hit you anywhere.

Oslo: Bomb blast near Norway prime minister's office

Terror: Man Dressed as Police Officer Opens Fire on Youth Camp Outside Oslo

I believe the USA was the first nation to express its sympathy and offer aid to Norway after the bombing. Norway has obviously no need for aid, at least not financially, but it's still very appreciated. Thanks USA!

Oslo Bombing: U.S. Offers Sympathy And Aid After Norway Blast

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgFX6ArUTvw

The War on Terror seems endless...

HEY
    Blog Entries

Re: Terror Attacks In Norway, July 22

At least 91 killed in shootings and bomb blast in Norway

The motive for the attacks is still unknown.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Stay safe over there. It was a senseless act and hopefully it was isolated.

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

This is shocking and must have devestated your country. My thoughts and prayers are with those that have been affected by these completely senseless acts of terrorism.

So glad to hear that you and all your loved ones are ok HEY.

Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer

Sad times, proof we live in a dangerous world.

Glad to hear PPO's Norwegian contingent is safe and well.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Glad to hear that you and yours are all ok HEY. So much is coming to light about this every minute that it will be some time before all is known.
    Thoughts are with you all at this time.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

HEY
    Blog Entries

Thanks for all the kind words and support everyone! I was lucky not to be affected by the terror attacks, one friend was knocked down by the blast from the bomb and, beside from a little pain in his back, is doing alright now. The people of Norway has a great sense of unity and everyone is still in shock.

The killer's identity has been revealed as Andreas Behring Breivik and I think he just knocked down Vidkun Quisling as Norway's most hated person of all-time.

To bad Norway's criminal laws and prisons are too nice. A man who first degree murders nearly 100 innocent people and it's 100% sure it's him makes me want to support death penalty in my country. I refuse to pay taxes so he can be fed, watch TV and receive free education in a cozy jail cell for 21 years.

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

Hey...glad you are well, all the best.

What a terrible story...what on earth was this man's motive?

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "HEY" #1100687
    Thanks for all the kind words and support everyone! I was lucky not to be affected by the terror attacks, one friend was knocked down by the blast from the bomb and, beside from a little pain in his back, is doing alright now. The people of Norway has a great sense of unity and everyone is still in shock.

The killer's identity has been revealed as Andreas Behring Breivik and I think he just knocked down Vidkun Quisling as Norway's most hated person of all-time.

To bad Norway's criminal laws and prisons are too nice. A man who first degree murders nearly 100 innocent people and it's 100% sure it's him makes me want to support death penalty in my country. I refuse to pay taxes so he can be fed, watch TV and receive free education in a cozy jail cell for 21 years.
    Horrible people, unless placed in solitary for the rest of their lives (Charles Manson) do not survive long in Prison. It seems that even scum are offended by the worst of society.

As for the incidents in Norway, I am encouraged by the words of your Prime Minister, but saddened that events like this could happen.

This account is heart wrenching even though it's very "sanitized": http://news.yahoo.com/norways-island-survivors-2-hour-fight-life-204350084.html

I am glad that you and yours are alright, and hope that those affected can eventually find a measure of peace. There are no words to describe how frustrated I get when I read the accounts of the events on the island. As a father - and as a human being - I cringe when I think about my kids being in a position like that.

Caine

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1100693
    Quote Originally Posted by "HEY" #1100687

Horrible people, unless placed in solitary for the rest of their lives (Charles Manson) do not survive long in Prison. It seems that even scum are offended by the worst of society.

As for the incidents in Norway, I am encouraged by the words of your Prime Minister, but saddened that events like this could happen.

This account is heart wrenching even though it's very "sanitized": http://news.yahoo.com/norways-island-survivors-2-hour-fight-life-204350084.html

I am glad that you and yours are alright, and hope that those affected can eventually find a measure of peace. There are no words to describe how frustrated I get when I read the accounts of the events on the island. As a father - and as a human being - I cringe when I think about my kids being in a position like that.

Caine
    Caine...I could not agree more. Kinda puts our "fandome" in perspective. Nicely said my friend. MV

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast