Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Billy Boy is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Terrier Dies Protecting Kids From Pit Bulls

"patriothater" wrote:
    How come know one will say what kind of terrier this was? Guarnteed it wasnt a stafford shire terrier, they would kill a pit bull. I've never heard of a lab biting a flea! I've owned 2 black labs neither one had a vicious bone in there body.
    Probably because it is right in the friggen article.
    Look under the first picture. it says it was a Jack Russel Terrier.

All the kids my age pee their pants, it's the coolest.

Billy Boy is offline Hall of Famer

This is from a pro-pitbull site, that is very honest about the pitbull.

PIT BULL BREED INFO

TEMPERAMENT, WHAT IS IT?

Simply put, temperament is those behavioral traits and mental attitudes shared by canines and combined with the special characteristics proper to a certain dog breed. Newfoundlands for example, like water and love children, that is part of the breed's temperament. A Newfoundland that hates to swim or growls at a child is showing improper temperament for the breed. When a person talks about the temperament of their chosen breed, they are describing those traits which most good examples of the breed will have, rather than describing a specific dog. A dog who posses all or most of the characteristics expected for their breed is said to have a proper temperament. This is why it is very important to know about your chosen breed's temperament and research its specific traits, preferably before you commit to a dog. You may find out that even though you like the "look" of a certain breed, the temperament is not for you.
    Much of a dog's temperament relates to it's breed history and genetic inheritance. I won't go too deep into the history of the Pit Bull as there are many good books and websites that cover the origin and history of the breed. It is common knowledge however, that the Pit Bull breed was developed for blood sports: Bull baiting, bear baiting, and later, dogfighting. What is not common knowledge is that in the days of organized dogfighting, the handlers of the combatants were habitually IN THE PIT with the dogs for the duration of the fight. They were required to pick up and separate the dogs several times while the dogs were in full fight frenzy. Before the fight, the handlers were required to wash each other's dogs, and after the fight, the badly injured dogs were often treated at ringside by strangers. Any dog that attacked or bit a handler (even if it was the other dog's handler) or anyone else at any time was culled, often on the spot, and would never have been bred.
    As with all breeds, the Pit Bull has positive and negative traits in their temperament. Their breed history has led to a dog unlike any other in the history of purebred dogs. What can you expect from an APBT? First and foremost, memorize the following: THE GOLDEN RULE OF PIT BULL OWNERSHIP- NEVER TRUST YOUR PIT BULL NOT TO FIGHT!!!!! This breed is descended from pit dogs one way or another, and, given the right circumstances, most Pit Bulls will fight and against any other breed, they will win (you really don't want to see that!). Scared yet? You should be. Remember, as the owner of a Pit Bull everything you or your dog do will affect all members of the breed and their families. Pit Bull owners have to be extra vigilant 24/7, period. You need to be receptive, have strong leadership, and be able to read canine body language to recognize signs of tension between housemates. You need to be prepared to separate the dogs if tensions develop. You need to know when your dog may become aggressive and you need to have control of your dog under any circumstances.

All the kids my age pee their pants, it's the coolest.

"Prophet" wrote:
    "Json" wrote:
    Fact: pitbulls were bred to fight.
    Fact: pitbulls have hurt and killed many people

I've been around dogs my whole life and you can call me ignorant if you wish.
    The correct term would be stupid or Challenged Hillbilly Lover'd if you want to go down that path.
    I can train a mountain lion to be a pet too, or a timber wolf, or a grizzly bear.
    They can be nice most of the time, but they aren't sometimes.

The same guy that walks his dog with a muzzle and on a leash at all times is calling me out?
    I can go to a crowded event without a leash with my lab and it will stay by my side and it would never attack a chiild.

Pitbulls are for insecure donkey butts that want to appear tough.
    Kind of like a short weasely guy that drives a big four wheel drive pickup to make up for his insecurities.
    The best part about this statment is that your ignorance didn't allow you to read the entire post about why I have him wear a muzzle.
    I am able to also not use a leash or muzzle but do so for ignorant neighbors like yourself don't cry about it all day everyday.
    Your statement only cofirms my ignorance statemnet in the first place.
    THANKS BUDDY!!!
    I read the part about why you had him wear the muzzle.
    You should look up the definition of ignorance and call me a name that is more fitting.
    I have friends that have pitbulls, there are many of them in these parts.
    In fact, there are dog fights/gambling, yes, with pitbulls in this area.
    There is also wild boar hunting using pitbulls that are bred with rottweilers that go in and rip the pig to shreds in the wild.
    I have been around those dogs much longer than you think.
    Yes, there are some 'nice' pitbulls.
    Read and learn, those dogs are bred to fight/kill.
    They have killed many.
    That is reality.
    You want to live in your fantasy world and call them wonderful dogs then go ahead and live in it.
    I have seen what those dogs do and I am not impressed.
    Holy hell! Those dogs tear wild boars up? How can you not be impressed?
    ;D 8)
    Wait, if there's cat food in this bag............................
    I HAVE TO CHECK ON JOLLY!!!!

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

"Billy" wrote:
    This is from a pro-pitbull site, that is very honest about the pitbull.

PIT BULL BREED INFO

TEMPERAMENT, WHAT IS IT?

Simply put, temperament is those behavioral traits and mental attitudes shared by canines and combined with the special characteristics proper to a certain dog breed. Newfoundlands for example, like water and love children, that is part of the breed's temperament. A Newfoundland that hates to swim or growls at a child is showing improper temperament for the breed. When a person talks about the temperament of their chosen breed, they are describing those traits which most good examples of the breed will have, rather than describing a specific dog. A dog who posses all or most of the characteristics expected for their breed is said to have a proper temperament. This is why it is very important to know about your chosen breed's temperament and research its specific traits, preferably before you commit to a dog. You may find out that even though you like the "look" of a certain breed, the temperament is not for you.
    Much of a dog's temperament relates to it's breed history and genetic inheritance. I won't go too deep into the history of the Pit Bull as there are many good books and websites that cover the origin and history of the breed. It is common knowledge however, that the Pit Bull breed was developed for blood sports: Bull baiting, bear baiting, and later, dogfighting. What is not common knowledge is that in the days of organized dogfighting, the handlers of the combatants were habitually IN THE PIT with the dogs for the duration of the fight. They were required to pick up and separate the dogs several times while the dogs were in full fight frenzy. Before the fight, the handlers were required to wash each other's dogs, and after the fight, the badly injured dogs were often treated at ringside by strangers. Any dog that attacked or bit a handler (even if it was the other dog's handler) or anyone else at any time was culled, often on the spot, and would never have been bred.
    As with all breeds, the Pit Bull has positive and negative traits in their temperament. Their breed history has led to a dog unlike any other in the history of purebred dogs. What can you expect from an APBT? First and foremost, memorize the following: [size=12pt]THE GOLDEN RULE OF PIT BULL OWNERSHIP- NEVER TRUST YOUR PIT BULL NOT TO FIGHT!!!!! [/size] This breed is descended from pit dogs one way or another, and, given the right circumstances, most Pit Bulls will fight and against any other breed, they will win (you really don't want to see that!). Scared yet? You should be. Remember, as the owner of a Pit Bull everything you or your dog do will affect all members of the breed and their families. Pit Bull owners have to be extra vigilant 24/7, period. You need to be receptive, have strong leadership, and be able to read canine body language to recognize signs of tension between housemates. You need to be prepared to separate the dogs if tensions develop. You need to know when your dog may become aggressive and you need to have control of your dog under any circumstances.
    I just thought that more of that should be bold.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/fun/bizarro.asp
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

I put this in the Vick thread.

What people need to understand is that "Dogs" in fact were manipulated by man to do or perform certain feets.

We "Mankind" in fact made this breed to be a very mean/brutal animal for a specific reason.
    One of those reasons was not to be a friend to little babies or mankind.

I for one would never own a "Pit Bull" nor any other bread of animal thats normal instinct is not conducive to a family environment.

http://www.happypitbull.com/whatisapit.htm
    There is a place down in NC were I go boar hunting with my bow.

For an additional $400 they will let 3 or 4 pitts loose on a boar.
    I did it once and it wasn't a pretty site my friend.

Nothing sporting about it.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234