Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Terrier Dies Protecting Kids From Pit Bulls

"Json" wrote:
    They may not be all bad, but, the fact remains that they were bred to fight.
    You could go up to my 85 lb lab and kick it in the head and it would come and lick you after you did it.
    Some breeds, like pitbulls, are asking for trouble.
    floop pit bulls.
    The wonders of ignorance!!!! Gotta love ignorance, it gets us everywhere.
    It's too bad, because as the world turns your ignorance only allows you to be well, ignorant!
    Fact: pitbulls were bred to fight.
    Fact: pitbulls have hurt and killed many people

I've been around dogs my whole life and you can call me ignorant if you wish.
    The correct term would be stupid or retarded if you want to go down that path.
    I can train a mountain lion to be a pet too, or a timber wolf, or a grizzly bear.
    They can be nice most of the time, but they aren't sometimes.

The same guy that walks his dog with a muzzle and on a leash at all times is calling me out?
    I can go to a crowded event without a leash with my lab and it will stay by my side and it would never attack a chiild.

Pitbulls are for insecure assholes that want to appear tough.
    Kind of like a short weasely guy that drives a big four wheel drive pickup to make up for his insecurities.
    [size=1pt](That ought to get this thread going)[/size]
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Slade is offline Star Spokesman

As 7 years ago, Rots were the # 1 dog involved for fatal attacks. Not sure about that stat nowadays

http://archives.cnn.com/2000/HEALTH/09/15/deadly.dogs.ap/

Another good link

http://www.fataldogattacks.com/

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Json" wrote:
    All that may be true...BUT pit bulls are still dangerous...pr ecisely because they are mainly bred as fighting dogs.
    The damage that MOST of them can do (because of the way that they are trained) works against even owning them.
    Give me a Lab any day...they are great with kids and around people...but will get protective if they HAVE to.
    My wife had to fight off two pits that ran out of a neighbor's house to attack our Lab while they were out walking...luck ily others helped restrain the dogs or she could have been seriously hurt.
    Labs are responsible for my human bites/attacks then pitbulls my friend.
    You just don't hear about it on the news.
    Go do some research and come back with an argument about lab over pitbull.
    My family owns a lab and I also love them, but to say they are more safe from biting somebody is false.

You blaming YOUR biting people on dogs now?
    LOL

But seriously, Labs might have more bites, but does that translate to more fatalities or serious maulings?
    I doubt it seriously.

Also, if you want to compare equally, you have to run the per capita numbers...it stands to reason that if there are a hundred as many Labs as there are pit bulls (just a guess, but probably not too far off), then you will have more sheer numbers of bites.
    Not knocking your favorite breed...BUT there are so many other breeds that are safer to own that it doesn't make much sense to own pits unless you are trying to make a point or if you want a dog that threatens people by its sheer existence.
    Dobermans and Rottweilers should be severely restricted as well, as they can be very dangerous in the wrong hands.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Json is offline GM

LOL

But seriously, Labs might have more bites, but does that translate to more fatalities or serious maulings?
    I doubt it seriously.

Also, if you want to compare equally, you have to run the per capita numbers...it stands to reason that if there are a hundred as many Labs as there are pit bulls (just a guess, but probably not too far off), then you will have more sheer numbers of bites.
    Not knocking your favorite breed...BUT there are so many other breeds that are safer to own that it doesn't make much sense to own pits unless you are trying to make a point or if you want a dog that threatens people by its sheer existence.
    Dobermans and Rottweilers should be severely restricted as well, as they can be very dangerous in the wrong hands.
    You are probally correct about the # of labs to pitbull ratio hence the reason for the diffrence.
    I was just trying to make a clear point that all pits are not mean, just as all labs are not but even us humans have bad seeds, but we don't ban all of us or all of one race because they have a higher # of assults etc.

As for having a pitbull in the first place I wll admit that initially it was to be cool, and I was very young at the time and probally should not have owned one, or any dog for that matter, but now that I have had one for 10 years, and another one for about 7 years I fell in love with the breed.
    I in know way take it lightly that pitbulls can be trouble, but 90% of the cases usually involves the owner not being responsible with the animal, or teaching them all the wrong things in the world.
    Anyway, just don't beleive the hype that all pits are bad, it's very untrue.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Json" wrote:
    LOL

I doubt it seriously.

You are probally correct about the # of labs to pitbull ratio hence the reason for the diffrence.
    I was just trying to make a clear point that all pits are not mean, just as all labs are not but even us humans have bad seeds, but we don't ban all of us or all of one race because they have a higher # of assults etc.

As for having a pitbull in the first place I wll admit that initially it was to be cool, and I was very young at the time and probally should not have owned one, or any dog for that matter, but now that I have had one for 10 years, and another one for about 7 years I fell in love with the breed.
    I in know way take it lightly that pitbulls can be trouble, but 90% of the cases usually involves the owner not being responsible with the animal, or teaching them all the wrong things in the world.
    Anyway, just don't beleive the hype that all pits are bad, it's very untrue.
    Nope, I would agree that they probably aren't all bad...but the evidence works against them.
    Kinda like New Englanders...when the vast majority of them turn out to be Massholes, it tends to color your opinion of all of them.

Same with the pits...if most have been bred to be aggressive then it's hard to want to cut them much slack.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Json is offline GM

The correct term would be stupid or Challenged Hillbilly Lover'd if you want to go down that path.
    I can train a mountain lion to be a pet too, or a timber wolf, or a grizzly bear.

The same guy that walks his dog with a muzzle and on a leash at all times is calling me out?
    I can go to a crowded event without a leash with my lab and it will stay by my side and it would never attack a chiild.

Pitbulls are for insecure donkey butts that want to appear tough.
    Kind of like a short weasely guy that drives a big four wheel drive pickup to make up for his insecurities.
    The best part about this statment is that your ignorance didn't allow you to read the entire post about why I have him wear a muzzle.
    I am able to also not use a leash or muzzle but do so for ignorant neighbors like yourself don't cry about it all day everyday.
    Your statement only cofirms my ignorance statemnet in the first place.
    THANKS BUDDY!!!

Json is offline GM

Ummm again, this is just silly to say.
    Many people of all shapes, and forms own pits.
    It's nieve to think otherwise.

shawn9876uss is offline Coordinator

Bless that dog's heart.
    I have a terrier also, and my two little girls, so I know what that would mean to me.

Thanks PurpleMafia

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"Json" wrote:

The correct term would be stupid or Challenged Hillbilly Lover'd if you want to go down that path.

The best part about this statment is that your ignorance didn't allow you to read the entire post about why I have him wear a muzzle.
    I am able to also not use a leash or muzzle but do so for ignorant neighbors like yourself don't cry about it all day everyday.
    Your statement only cofirms my ignorance statemnet in the first place.
    THANKS BUDDY!!!
    I read the part about why you had him wear the muzzle.
    You should look up the definition of ignorance and call me a name that is more fitting.
    I have friends that have pitbulls, there are many of them in these parts.
    In fact, there are dog fights/gambling, yes, with pitbulls in this area.
    There is also wild boar hunting using pitbulls that are bred with rottweilers that go in and rip the pig to shreds in the wild.
    I have been around those dogs much longer than you think.
    Yes, there are some 'nice' pitbulls.
    Read and learn, those dogs are bred to fight/kill.
    They have killed many.
    That is reality.
    You want to live in your fantasy world and call them wonderful dogs then go ahead and live in it.
    I have seen what those dogs do and I am not impressed.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

How come know one will say what kind of terrier this was? Guarnteed it wasnt a stafford shire terrier, they would kill a pit bull. I've never heard of a lab biting a flea! I've owned 2 black labs neither one had a vicious bone in there body.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast