Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 58
  1. #11
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Re: Teens' brains may pay price for drinking

    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    let's just say, i dont think theres anything youre near as social as when you're drinking ^^
    :scratch: Would you mind clarifying that for me a bit? I don't quite understand what you're trying to say.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  2. #12
    BadlandsVikings's Avatar
    BadlandsVikings is online now Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,569

    Re: Teens' brains may pay price for drinking

    "singersp" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    let's just say, i dont think theres anything youre near as social as when you're drinking ^^
    scratch Would you mind clarifying that for me a bit? I don't quite understand what you're trying to say.
    Being sloppy drunk isn't social.

  3. #13
    PurplePeopleEaters's Avatar
    PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,901

    Re: Teens' brains may pay price for drinking

    There's a difference between drinking in moderation and drinking for the sake of getting drunk. There's nothing wrong with drinking in moderation during meals etc. It's these stupid kids who think that drinking alcohol will make you drunk and therefore cool. That is where the abuse starts. For me, drinking in moderation during a meal is almost encouraged so that I can acquire a taste for something different rather than "getting drunk".

  4. #14
    DCPologirl is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,280

    Re: Teens' brains may pay price for drinking

    so that's what happened...I used to be a genius :lol:

    DCPologirl:Maybe Randy will make Aaron Brooks look better......roflmao Del Rio: I guarantee he will

  5. #15
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Re: Teens' brains may pay price for drinking

    "PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    There's a difference between drinking in moderation and drinking for the sake of getting drunk. There's nothing wrong with drinking in moderation during meals etc. It's these stupid kids who think that drinking alcohol will make you drunk and therefore cool. That is where the abuse starts. For me, drinking in moderation during a meal is almost encouraged so that I can acquire a taste for something different rather than "getting drunk".
    I disagree with that PPE. You are way to young to be encoraged to drink. You are like 15 or 16, right?

    Drinking should never be encouraged. Even in moderation. Why encorage something you might not do? Just because you might only drink at meals doesn't mean you won't get drunk.

    Also there are people who are born alcoholics, even before they take their first drink. It's partly hereditary. If you never drink, it will never rear it's ugly head. But if you do it will eventually come.

    A good analagy is comparing drinking to a train.

    If you are stuck by a train, it's not the caboose that kills you. :wink:

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  6. #16
    cc21 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,599

    Re: Teens' brains may pay price for drinking

    I believe that it is ok to drink and get drunk every once in a while. But for the kids that go out weekend after weekend and get wasted, that is just plain dumb.

  7. #17
    Vikes_King's Avatar
    Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,104

    Re: Teens' brains may pay price for drinking

    idk, i say it can affect different people in completely opposite ways, im 17, i go out and drink all the time, i go partying or i just sit around w/ friends chill and have a beer.

    some people learn that about me and think its dumb, or think im a "bad kid" for doing it.

    well, you also could learn i work almost everyday about 40 hours a week (good considering its supposed to be part time), this year i'll be attending college (for the 2nd year) while in high school, im the president of National Honor Society, etc etc


    drinking isnt always a bad thing

    (though i do agree with singer, its not something that should be encouraged)


    http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

    "We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

    - Dan Calabrese

  8. #18
    mnrockstar's Avatar
    mnrockstar is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    94

    Re: Teens' brains may pay price for drinking

    I don't agree with drinking hard as a teen or even moderatley-- occasionally is ok-- as a teen in highschool i don't drink because i have so much to lose. if i got caught it would take away my privelidge to play volleyball and other sports or be up for homecoming (not my 1st priority...lol) or anything like that. At this point there is just too much to lose

  9. #19
    cc21 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,599

    Re: Teens' brains may pay price for drinking

    "mnrockstar" wrote:
    I don't agree with drinking hard as a teen or even moderatley-- occasionally is ok-- as a teen in highschool i don't drink because i have so much to lose. if i got caught it would take away my privelidge to play volleyball and other sports or be up for homecoming (not my 1st priority...lol) or anything like that. At this point there is just too much to lose
    That is exactly why I have only done it every once in a while. I am not doing it at all this summer because if I get caught, there goes my senior year of football.

  10. #20
    PurplePeopleEaters's Avatar
    PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,901

    Re: Teens' brains may pay price for drinking

    "singersp" wrote:
    "PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    There's a difference between drinking in moderation and drinking for the sake of getting drunk. There's nothing wrong with drinking in moderation during meals etc. It's these stupid kids who think that drinking alcohol will make you drunk and therefore cool. That is where the abuse starts. For me, drinking in moderation during a meal is almost encouraged so that I can acquire a taste for something different rather than "getting drunk".
    I disagree with that PPE. You are way to young to be encoraged to drink. You are like 15 or 16, right?

    Drinking should never be encouraged. Even in moderation. Why encorage something you might not do? Just because you might only drink at meals doesn't mean you won't get drunk.

    Also there are people who are born alcoholics, even before they take their first drink. It's partly hereditary. If you never drink, it will never rear it's ugly head. But if you do it will eventually come.

    A good analagy is comparing drinking to a train.

    If you are stuck by a train, it's not the caboose that kills you. :wink:
    I know it is dangerous to have kids drinking and all but in my opinion it's the stupid kids that ruin it for everyone. Some people naturally don't have as high of alcohol tolerance as others. I happen to be someone who has extremely high alcohol tolerance and it will take a truck full of tequila to get me actually drunk. You have to know your limits and learn from your own mistakes. If your parents enforce a household in which there is no alcohol whatsoever, as soon as the kid goes off to college or leaves the house they will be boozing it up. It's just natural for kids to go against what their parents say especially when peer pressure is involved. Parents shouldn't tell the kid to never drink alcohol, but instead try to show them the dangers of it and how to be careful while drinking (if ever).

    My parents don't encourage me to go get drunk with my friends every day. They're also smart enough to realize that if they tell me that alcohol is something that won't be tolerated, even in moderation, that I will go out and try to get drunk with my friends every day. :wink:
    This being said I hardly ever drink. As singer mentioned i'm much too young to drink despite the fact that I have here and there a couple of times.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Women who lack sex drive have different brains
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-27-2010, 08:41 PM
  2. New Bang cartoon - Bird Brains
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-01-2009, 12:05 PM
  3. JELL-O Brains
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-05-2007, 10:57 AM
  4. Baby Brains
    By Prophet in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-09-2006, 05:34 PM
  5. Small brains???
    By ItalianStallion in forum Trash the Pack
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-03-2003, 01:52 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •