singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Teenage gunman wounds four in Ohio high school

[size=13pt]Teenage gunman wounds four in Ohio high school[/size]

Posted Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:13am AEST
    abc.net.au

A 14-year-old gunman has opened fire at an Ohio high school, wounding at least four people before killing himself in the latest school shooting to rock the United States....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Teenage gunman wounds four in Ohio high school

Very sad day indeed my friends.
    :'(
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

I'm tired to see these stories year after year. Very sad story indeed.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

It indeed is sad.

I hate to say it, as I know many doesn't agree. Also I'm aware of the 2. amendment to the constitution. And thirdly, as I'm not American, it's not my business in the end.

But, I really think you ought to have stricter control of weapons in the US.

I'm sorry to bring it up, and I know I probably shouldn't, but it's always the first that comes to mind for me in these, unfortunately reoccurring events.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"cogitans" wrote:
    It indeed is sad.

I hate to say it, as I know many doesn't agree. Also I'm aware of the 2. amendment to the constitution. And thirdly, as I'm not American, it's not my business in the end.

I'm sorry to bring it up, and I know I probably shouldn't, but it's always the first that comes to mind for me in these, unfortunately reoccurring events.
    It is a fair point to bring up cog, but I respectfully disagree.
    I don't think the problem is the availability of guns, but rather the societal shortcoming that are putting kids in these situations to begin with.
    This is a perfect example in the fact that warning signs were abundant, including the shooter himself telling two of his friends that this was a possibility.

Now does the availability of guns still play into this?
    Of course.
    The simple fact that a gun has been introduced increases the casualty rate significantly.
    But stricter control of weapons would at best only serve to (possibly) reduce the casualty rate - or at worst force the offender to find other, potentially worse, ways to inflict harm.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    It indeed is sad.

It is a fair point to bring up cog, but I respectfully disagree.
    I don't think the problem is the availability of guns, but rather the societal shortcoming that are putting kids in these situations to begin with.
    This is a perfect example in the fact that warning signs were abundant, including the shooter himself telling two of his friends that this was a possibility.

Now does the availability of guns still play into this?
    Of course.
    The simple fact that a gun has been introduced increases the casualty rate significantly.
    But stricter control of weapons would at best only serve to (possibly) reduce the casualty rate - or at worst force the offender to find other, potentially worse, ways to inflict harm.
    I agree that gun control would by no means completely remove incidents like this. Point in fact similar events has taken place in countries with stricter control.

But as you said it would possibly reduce the rate of this.

All I said was that this is always the first thing that I think about. And I simply can't understand that anyone can be against gun control.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

I wonder where this idiots parents were.

MetalMike-LoudVike is offline Hall of Famer

horrible incident. I mean aren't there warning signs for this type of thing how many times od parents get to lose a child before someone says ok maybe we have a slight problem here.
    Geez I wonder how many more of these violent outbursts before they really try working this problem out.
    IN THE PITS ON THE RIVER BEDS EVRY VIKING FAN WILL RISE & VAHALLA SHALL REJOICE WITH THE MOST GLORIOUS PRIZE LOMBARDI'S TROPHY

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Someone told the Principle that this would happen, that the student owned a gun and was heard saying he was going to do it. She said she was, "Too busy" to do anything about it... that is ridiculous.

Stupid parents. Stupid Principle.

Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.