Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 195
  1. #1
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Teen arrested for 'blasphemous T-shirt'

    A GOLD Coast teenager who wore a T-shirt by English extreme metal band Cradle of Filth that reads 'Jesus is a c**t' has been charged with offensive behavior.
    http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,23919553-2,00.html?from=public_rss

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Fairbanks, AK
    Posts
    1,148

    Re: Teen arrested for 'blasphemous T-shirt'

    Nice. Put a pic of Muhammed on it eating a baloney 'sammich and towns would burn, people would die. See Comedy Central's cowardly decision to not show Muhammed on "South Park." It is what it is: Freedom of Speech. Too bad networks don't prescribe to that right (however shitty the things said happen to be, depending on your point of view)
    Tuco the world.....

  3. #3
    mnvikes61's Avatar
    mnvikes61 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,159

    Re: Teen arrested for 'blasphemous T-shirt'

    People need to lighten up. I've done a couple of papers on censorship and it's crazy how far some people take it.

    Thanks Josdin

  4. #4
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,916

    Re: Teen arrested for 'blasphemous T-shirt'

    Thanks for the read my friend.

    Very sad, IMHO, when we take the freedom of speach to the point that we go down that road of taking the Lords name in vain.

    Of course if you don't believe in the Lord, put no credance in the Bible or don't cotton to the notion of Heaven and Hell, then you will probably disagree with me. :

    (Marrdro feels another green dot coming so he takes his keyboard and runs..... ;D)
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Fairbanks, AK
    Posts
    1,148

    Re: Teen arrested for 'blasphemous T-shirt'

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Thanks for the read my friend.

    Very sad, IMHO, when we take the freedom of speach to the point that we go down that road of taking the Lords name in vain.

    Of course if you don't believe in the Lord, put no credance in the Bible or don't cotton to the notion of Heaven and Hell, then you will probably disagree with me. :

    (Marrdro feels another green dot coming so he takes his keyboard and runs..... ;D)
    Well said Marr! Of coarse saying GD or Je*us Ch*ist in front of my mom would warrant a slap to the mouth, and I'm 34 years old! ;D I figure folks can say what they want, as long as they are not directly accosting me or mine with it. In my face. Then there will be trouble. Some punk walking around trying to tee off everyone is a joke. His daddy did not love him enough or whatever.
    Tuco the world.....

  6. #6
    Garland Greene's Avatar
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: Teen arrested for 'blasphemous T-shirt'

    Maybe they should of said Pedro instead ???

  7. #7
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,916

    Re: Teen arrested for 'blasphemous T-shirt'

    "Jereamiah" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Thanks for the read my friend.

    Very sad, IMHO, when we take the freedom of speach to the point that we go down that road of taking the Lords name in vain.

    Of course if you don't believe in the Lord, put no credance in the Bible or don't cotton to the notion of Heaven and Hell, then you will probably disagree with me. :

    (Marrdro feels another green dot coming so he takes his keyboard and runs..... ;D)
    Well said Marr! Of coarse saying GD or Je*us Ch*ist in front of my mom would warrant a slap to the mouth, and I'm 34 years old! ;D I figure folks can say what they want, as long as they are not directly accosting me or mine with it. In my face. Then there will be trouble. Some punk walking around trying to tee off everyone is a joke. His daddy did not love him enough or whatever.
    Thanks my friend.


    I also learned at a young age to give respect when respect was warranted, especially when it came to the good Lord.

    My kids were raised the same. ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Fairbanks, AK
    Posts
    1,148

    Re: Teen arrested for 'blasphemous T-shirt'

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Jereamiah" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Thanks for the read my friend.

    Very sad, IMHO, when we take the freedom of speach to the point that we go down that road of taking the Lords name in vain.

    Of course if you don't believe in the Lord, put no credance in the Bible or don't cotton to the notion of Heaven and Hell, then you will probably disagree with me. :

    (Marrdro feels another green dot coming so he takes his keyboard and runs..... ;D)
    Well said Marr! Of coarse saying GD or Je*us Ch*ist in front of my mom would warrant a slap to the mouth, and I'm 34 years old! ;D I figure folks can say what they want, as long as they are not directly accosting me or mine with it. In my face. Then there will be trouble. Some punk walking around trying to tee off everyone is a joke. His daddy did not love him enough or whatever.
    Thanks my friend.


    I also learned at a young age to give respect when respect was warranted, especially when it came to the good Lord.

    My kids were raised the same. ;D
    You bet! While I was raised in two faiths, Christian & Midiwiwin (Ojibwe) and don't demean the faiths, It still strikes me as odd that museums and artists can show stuff with Jesus and his Mother totally debased and mocked, while merely showing a pic of Muhammed strolling down the road is a protest worthy offense. Why do folks (media outlets, government) fear to upset Muslims and could care less about christians? Interesting question as I believe that the lad wearing the shirt would be jailed even here in America if the shirt parodied Islam, The shirt as it was, would have gotten him an invite to an ACLU dinner here.
    Tuco the world.....

  9. #9
    gregair13's Avatar
    gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    14,579

    Re: Teen arrested for 'blasphemous T-shirt'

    maybe he has a friend named jesus and he doesnt like him very much.
    also, if they have a problem with the shirt, its not the kids fault. go after the company that makes them
    We're bringing purple back.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    1,128

    Re: Teen arrested for 'blasphemous T-shirt'

    Christians are now the new "open season", everyone takes a shot.
    A philosopher once said "..the most powerful name, one that once spoken offends someone."
    Those who believe hold the name in reverence, those who don't use the name to shock and disgust.

    C.S. Lewis wrote an essay on this in the "Abolition of Man", but you need a danged thesauresus to make it through it (an he is English which causes that much more confusion ;D ;D)

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. How to fold a shirt.
    By i_bleed_purple in forum Two Beer Minimum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-23-2009, 10:26 AM
  2. The BEST T-Shirt ever!
    By NodakPaul in forum Trash the Pack
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-27-2007, 12:31 AM
  3. Packer T-Shirt
    By Ltrey33 in forum Trash the Pack
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-22-2007, 01:42 PM
  4. Buy your terror T-shirt
    By Garland Greene in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-24-2006, 12:31 PM
  5. Another Cool Shirt!
    By ultravikingfan in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-13-2005, 05:53 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •