Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Teen arrested for 'blasphemous T-shirt'

A GOLD Coast teenager who wore a T-shirt by English extreme metal band Cradle of Filth that reads 'Jesus is a c**t' has been charged with offensive behavior.
    http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,23919553-2,00.html?from=public_rss

Re: Teen arrested for 'blasphemous T-shirt'

Nice. Put a pic of Muhammed on it eating a baloney 'sammich and towns would burn, people would die. See Comedy Central's cowardly decision to not show Muhammed on "South Park." It is what it is: Freedom of Speech. Too bad networks don't prescribe to that right (however shitty the things said happen to be, depending on your point of view)
    Tuco the world.....

mnvikes61 is offline Team Alumni

People need to lighten up. I've done a couple of papers on censorship and it's crazy how far some people take it.

Thanks Josdin

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Thanks for the read my friend.

Very sad, IMHO, when we take the freedom of speach to the point that we go down that road of taking the Lords name in vain.

Of course if you don't believe in the Lord, put no credance in the Bible or don't cotton to the notion of Heaven and Hell, then you will probably disagree with me. :

(Marrdro feels another green dot coming so he takes his keyboard and runs..... ;D)
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:

Very sad, IMHO, when we take the freedom of speach to the point that we go down that road of taking the Lords name in vain.

Of course if you don't believe in the Lord, put no credance in the Bible or don't cotton to the notion of Heaven and Hell, then you will probably disagree with me. :

(Marrdro feels another green dot coming so he takes his keyboard and runs..... ;D)
    Well said Marr! Of coarse saying GD or Je*us Ch*ist in front of my mom would warrant a slap to the mouth, and I'm 34 years old! ;D I figure folks can say what they want, as long as they are not directly accosting me or mine with it. In my face. Then there will be trouble. Some punk walking around trying to tee off everyone is a joke. His daddy did not love him enough or whatever.
    Tuco the world.....

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

Maybe they should of said Pedro instead ???

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Jereamiah" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Well said Marr! Of coarse saying GD or Je*us Ch*ist in front of my mom would warrant a slap to the mouth, and I'm 34 years old! ;D I figure folks can say what they want, as long as they are not directly accosting me or mine with it. In my face. Then there will be trouble. Some punk walking around trying to tee off everyone is a joke. His daddy did not love him enough or whatever.
    Thanks my friend.

I also learned at a young age to give respect when respect was warranted, especially when it came to the good Lord.

My kids were raised the same. ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Jereamiah" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Thanks my friend.

I also learned at a young age to give respect when respect was warranted, especially when it came to the good Lord.

My kids were raised the same. ;D
    You bet! While I was raised in two faiths, Christian & Midiwiwin (Ojibwe) and don't demean the faiths, It still strikes me as odd that museums and artists can show stuff with Jesus and his Mother totally debased and mocked, while merely showing a pic of Muhammed strolling down the road is a protest worthy offense. Why do folks (media outlets, government) fear to upset Muslims and could care less about christians? Interesting question as I believe that the lad wearing the shirt would be jailed even here in America if the shirt parodied Islam, The shirt as it was, would have gotten him an invite to an ACLU dinner here.
    Tuco the world.....

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

maybe he has a friend named jesus and he doesnt like him very much.
    also, if they have a problem with the shirt, its not the kids fault. go after the company that makes them
    We're bringing purple back.

Christians are now the new "open season", everyone takes a shot.
    A philosopher once said "..the most powerful name, one that once spoken offends someone."
    Those who believe hold the name in reverence, those who don't use the name to shock and disgust.

C.S. Lewis wrote an essay on this in the "Abolition of Man", but you need a danged thesauresus to make it through it (an he is English which causes that much more confusion ;D ;D)

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast