Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    DCPologirl is offline Team Alumni

Re: Teacher Commits Suicide in Classroom

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    "VikingNed" wrote:
    I've lost two friends in my lifetime to suicide...

To me it's not only sad, but a very selfish way to go...

I wounder if they realize how much pain and suffering they leave those who love them some much with?

I've been thru some really low points in life, but never thought of calling it quits...

Nothing is to big to overcome.........Espeicaly if your realize your never alone, prayer and outside help, can always be found...

Yes Ned, it is very selfish.. I just think all the time what if I would have succeeded? I was like 1 hour away from death as it was, I honestly believe that God sent my girlfriend home early from work sick, just so I could remain on this earth.. The hardest part to think about is what impact would it have left on my daughter? I love her so much, and I know it would have crushed her. That is the problem with people that have depression, they don't think with a clear head.. That is why so many people are successful at suicide.. Sad but true..
    When I was younger...that exact thought...of the pain of the people who love me...is the only thing that prevented me from doing it. Luckily I don't battle with depression anymore, and I am eternally grateful to my friend who told me who selfish it would be for me to hurt her and my family.

DCPologirl:Maybe Randy will make Aaron Brooks look better......roflmao Del Rio: I guarantee he will

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"DCPologirl" wrote:
    "VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    "VikingNed" wrote:
    I've lost two friends in my lifetime to suicide...

To me it's not only sad, but a very selfish way to go...

I wounder if they realize how much pain and suffering they leave those who love them some much with?

I've been thru some really low points in life, but never thought of calling it quits...

Nothing is to big to overcome.........Espeicaly if your realize your never alone, prayer and outside help, can always be found...

Yes Ned, it is very selfish.. I just think all the time what if I would have succeeded? I was like 1 hour away from death as it was, I honestly believe that God sent my girlfriend home early from work sick, just so I could remain on this earth.. The hardest part to think about is what impact would it have left on my daughter? I love her so much, and I know it would have crushed her. That is the problem with people that have depression, they don't think with a clear head.. That is why so many people are successful at suicide.. Sad but true..
    When I was younger...that exact thought...of the pain of the people who love me...is the only thing that prevented me from doing it. Luckily I don't battle with depression anymore, and I am eternally grateful to my friend who told me who selfish it would be for me to hurt her and my family.
    People can say its a selfish act, but to the person commiting the act it is not. They actually feel like a complete failure & think the world may be better off if they were gone.

It is a terrible gut wrenching feeling that can make it unbearable to face the world, day after day.

I know that feeling, I've been there tried that. Not once, but twice.

I won't go into the 1st time , but I will the 2nd.

Being an alcoholoic & depressed to boot, I was at rock bottom & still drinking at the time. It was right after X-mas which is the loneliest time of the year for a single person living alone.

New Years Day, 2001 after a week of binge drinking, I didn't want to face another day. I kew I was an alcoholic, but I just couldn't kick it. The power of the addiction was way to strong. I had tried to quit on numerous other occassions, but always ended up on the losing end.

I didn't want to fight the battle anymore. I felt like a complete failure to myself, my family & my co-workers. Let me tell you there is no worse of a feeling I ever felt in my life.

I ended up taking over 30 pills, whatever I had in the medicine cabinet. I went to sleep never wanting to wake up again.

Eventually I did, but I was still in kinda of lala land for 2 days.

To make a long story short, I ended up in detox for 6 days & that is when I first took step 1 of the 12 steps.

I wanted sobriety at all costs & got what I wanted, but not without a lot of work & a lot of support.

I've been clean ever since.

Along the way I learned a very important saying about suicide that holds a lot of truth & that is:

It's "a permanent solution to a temporary problem"

Today I'm living an almost a 100%, very happy life.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Prophet Guest

Great to hear about your recovery singersp. Also great to have all the folks that battled through depression. The world would be a worse place without all of you. We all have our role in life. Sure glad to see that you're all still around, depression is often overlooked by many and thought to be something people can work through on their own.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Being a pastor and doing funerals for two suicide victims (one 20 years old) I struggled with this a lot. You know some say it is the "unforgivable sin" (because you don't have time to ask for forgiveness) or it's selfish.
    But I believe that's just plain WRONG! As a Christian person, God forgives our sins before we even commit them. And, I have fund out that everyone who commits suicide is "sick." Maybe that sickness is depression, not being in your right mind, or whatever. But your life is taken by that "sickness" just as sure as Cancer or heart disease is a sickness.
    I truly believe that God's love extends to all people and the Bible is clear about that. Paul, on the "Road to Damascus" was the sinner to end all sinners (as he called himself) and yet God's love reached down to him just as it does to any of us. He reaches out to us and calls us to be His friend.
    Those who commit suicide are His friend, too.
    I mourn with you in your loss Shock and to all others who have lost friends and loved ones and people have said stupid things to them.
    I hope I haven't offended anyone with this post.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Thanx Prophet & Cojomay!

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

For all of us who have lost dear friends and love ones, we all know what the pain is to deal with the loss of them..

I guess this is now a sort of coming out thread, what the hell, I'll open up a bit only because I feel close to so many of you.

First off,

I'm also a recovering alcoholic, I battled many of my years with my addiction to alcohol and drugs.

I've also been diagnosed as a manic depresent.

I started drinking and doing drugs at a young age, and it slowly but surely took over my life. Finaly one day, I found myself calling a friend and reaching out for help. Next I knew, I was in a treatment center for 28 days. I came out feeling great and stayed clean and sober for some 5 years.....I married and slowly forgot what was keeping me sober and clean, that was AA. I stoped going to meetings and lost contact with those who truly cared. Started to visit old friends and places and before I knew it, it was like I never stopped...Even worse.

I didn't fall back into the drugs, but I did drink like there was no end....It wasn't until not to long ago, I found myself driving intoxicated with my son in the car...The next mourning I was filled with so much shame and horror, yes horror, I admitted to mayself what I had done was not only a danger to one of the things I love most in my life (my son David) but also I put myself in a very bad situation.....
    I detoxed at home and was sick for four days....Today I'm back in AA and I'm doing well, making new friends and getting real support.

I'de also like to mention, my trip to MN opened my eyes also, I was drinking and doing shots in Singers room, Singer informed me he didn't drink but he didn't say I couldn't. I knew deep in my heart for some reason this friend infront of me was a friend of Bill's.....
    I felt very uneasy drinking in front of Singer, and I said to myself, thats another reason I have to let the booze go. I never want to feel that way again when sharing time with a good friend.
    Singer was one of the first people I reached out to, and he only did what a true friend would do, he supported me and encouraged me..

Thanks Singer, you are a bigger part of my recovery than you could ever imagine...

As for my depression, I take my medications daily as perscribed. I've been on them for years, and they only work when I do take them as I'm supposed to, and thats every day. If I don't take them, the depression returns very quickly and can do a job not only on your mind but every day normal living. Today I'm fine, I feel great, and I'm truly thankfull for so many good things in my life today...

So there, you all know a big part of my personal side now...

I just gratefull I'm man enough to see my weaknesses today and deal with them along side others who are just like me...

In a way, this site helps also, bunch of great people and friends and I get a hell of alot more fun out of being here than stuck in a bottle...

Thanks,
    Ned

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

I'm proud of you Ned! :salute:

DCPologirl is offline Team Alumni

"singersp" wrote:
    I am proud of both of you, I am so glad that you are both still here!

DCPologirl:Maybe Randy will make Aaron Brooks look better......roflmao Del Rio: I guarantee he will

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

"DCPologirl" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    I am proud of both of you, I am so glad that you are both still here!
    Amen to that! You guys and everyone else who has had problems and beat them are some of the REAL heroes in life...
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

WOW! Some amazing stories on this thread! To all you SURVIVORS, I tip my hat (Vikes hat, of course) to you all!!! Keep on keepin' on!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast