Thread: tailgating

tailgating

Sorry if this subject has been brought up before, but I'm going to the game on Sunday (YAY) and I have been wondering what the tailgating is going to be like based on preseason games. Should I plan on getting there early, early? And is it going to be a hassle with taking the light rail? Any info would really help me out...thanks in advance.

GO VIKES!

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

tailgating

tvf, I think a lot of us are wondering the same about tailgating this year. Some of the tailgating lots on Washington Avenue have been developed. Supposedly there's some other downtown lots for tailgating on the lightrail line, but from what I've read the light rail line gets pretty packed as it's approaching game time, as people are trying to get to the dome. I will also be there on Sunday, but I haven't decided yet if I'm going to be tailgating.

Hopefully someone else here can provide some insight.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

owensforpres is offline Pro-Bowler

tailgating

i will be there also
    699966daa73d890a9f6ec440ad82bccc

tailgating

"SKOL" wrote:
    tvf, I think a lot of us are wondering the same about tailgating this year. Some of the tailgating lots on Washington Avenue have been developed. Supposedly there's some other downtown lots for tailgating on the lightrail line, but from what I've read the light rail line gets pretty packed as it's approaching game time, as people are trying to get to the dome. I will also be there on Sunday, but I haven't decided yet if I'm going to be tailgating.

Hopefully someone else here can provide some insight.
    I think in one of th eposts they said the tailgating was going to go on by or in a park that will offer park and ride kind of stuff it is here somewhere... plus I beleive it is close to the main target complex or something like that but it is for sure in here somewhere about three weeks ago I think... also I call Kfan PA & Dubay show last week when they were live at the preseason game to plug for the PPO and Vikes during a question time where they take question and the guy who answered the phone thought I was a drunk tailgater cause I told him I was calling from the Cyprus (the middle east) any way... but they were live at this park so you can maybe get info from Kfan and if they do it again I will call to plug for PPO and the vikes and ask PA a question like why he hung up on me last time and then think I was a already drunk tailgater....anyway i hope that helps
    Yesterday is History
    Tomorrow a Mystery
    TODAY is a GIFT that is why WE
    call it the "PRESENT"

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

tailgating

The new official Vikings tailgating site is at the Rapid Park lots in downtown, about a mile away from the Dome. Transportation between the lots and the Dome is being handled by light rail and shuttle buses. Unless everyone waits until the last minute to go from the lots to the Dome, gettting there shouldn't be a big hassle. Getting out of the game is another matter entirely, as everyone leaves at the same time. My guess is that unless you make the first group of shuttles or so, it would be faster to walk a mile than wait for an empty shuttle.

I'll try to post a link regarding the location of the site. Parking at the Rapid Park lots will be $15, which is half of what the Washington Ave. lots were charging. There will be live music there, occasional appearances by the Vikings Cheerleaders and Ragnar, places to pee and places to dump your coals. A great time will be had by all. BE THERE! I will!
    SKOL VIKINGS!