Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

T-Wolves Trade...

"an attempt to put himself in the ranks of isiah thomas and rob babcock, mchale has traded wallyworld, kandiman, and rookie dwayne jones for ricky davis, blount, marcus banks, and justin reed."

Just read it on another Minnesota forum...thought you T-wolve fans would care

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Re: T-Wolves Trade...

Not sure about this one. The wolves need a spark but Wally World was doing pretty well. Kandi needed out of there.

Any other sources other than a forum?

DoubleDown11 is offline Pro-Bowler

lame,
    Why don't they just fire the coach again? Seriously, Mchale has got to go...
    I liked Wally, how come no Pierce or Lafrentz? ANd we give up a 1st rounder? HAve the T-wolves ever made a good trade?

2 weeks to TWINS spring training.......
    something witty and comical... followed by genuine sarcasm.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Well I'm a Celtics fan, so I'm in favor of this one! Have fun with Blount T-Wolves fans...that guy is a terrible rebounder and an all around stiff. Ricky Davis is brilliant at times and brain dead at others (always explosive though), Marcus Banks is OK but nothing to write home to mom about and the other guy is a no namer. I think the Celts got the better end of this one. It is the NBA though, so chances are neither Olawakandi or Sczerbiak will be there come this time next year.

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    Not sure about this one. The wolves need a spark but Wally World was doing pretty well. Kandi needed out of there.

Any other sources other than a forum?
    There ya go...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AlCNnMqvKqlBdwE0ue9iYkK8vLYF?slug=ap-celtics-timberwolvestrade&prov=ap&type=lgns

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

And the Wolves had problems selling tickets before, with this deal the got shafted big time. Wally was the only tradable player they had and they gave him away along with Jones and a 1st rounder for all that crap. There is only one GM worse than Milllen and that is McHale.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

I think its an ok trade....i wouldnt have given up a pick tho.. Rickey and Garnett will make it hard for teams to go inside on them. They added alot of size and I think its smart on thier part....thier a solid SG away from being a really good team IMO.

and also no PPE i dont have any links, just goin bye some T-Wolve fans.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"DarrinNelsonguy" wrote:
    And the Wolves had problems selling tickets before, with this deal the got shafted big time. Wally was the only tradable player they had and they gave him away along with Jones and a 1st rounder for all that crap. There is only one GM worse than Milllen and that is McHale.
    Maybe it was his old Celtic pride getting the best of him! :grin:

It might not be as bad of a trade as some people think. I think Sczerbiak for Davis is fairly even straight up.......Blount for Olowkandi is about fair -- one dog for another and who knows, maybe they will do better in a different environment......so it becomes Marcus Banks and Justin Reed and 2 second round picks for a first round pick and Dwayne Jones.

For this trade to be successful, we will need quality production from either Banks and or Reed (at least worth a 1st round pick)

It could happen.....those guys are all pretty young. Give it a little time.
    "SHOOT EM JIMMY!!"

T-Money is offline Rookie

It's not too bad of a trade. Ricky Davis plays defense much better than Szczerbiak. Hassell and Davis playing 2 and 3 is gonna be a great defensive combo. Not to mention our All-NBA first team defensive player in Garnett.

The only thing Wally was great at was shooting, but Ricky Davis can shoot too. On his good nights he can put up 40 points easily. He is big and versatile, so he is a threat from anywhere on the court. I think the Wolves did just fine in this trade. We needed something new because our previous lineup wasn't helping us win.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

wally never passed the ball, ever..all he did was shoot the second he touched it..ricky davis has an all around game, and he is the exciting, athletic player this team needed..also mark blount will ease some of the scoring burden on garnett..marcus banks is another nice piece in this trade becuz he is insanely fast and plays great defense, and is extremely athletic and good in the open court..this trade makes us a better team..its still not going to magically make us the best team in the division again, but it is certainly an upgrade
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast