Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 38 of 38

Thread: T-Wolves

  1. #31
    hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,412

    T-Wolves

    Nice season t-wolves, im pretty sure youll be in the finals next year barring no major offseason losses and getting some additons ala bobby jackson, since he is a minny native.

    This series was hard fought and had me cussing every minute throughout the second quarter. Another F***ed up game, officiating wise.

    NOw to take on the pacers/pistons. :cheers:

    Lakers-2004 champions
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a


  2. #32
    muchluv4smoot's Avatar
    muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,318

    T-Wolves

    "triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:
    whether he is guilty or not doesn't really matter. He cheated on his wife, so he is slime. Just like any other guy that does it (or woman for that matter) to err is human, but thats a pretty damn big err. I'm torn on if I think he did or not, in some ways I think he did, in some i think he didn't... either way he will be found innocent which irks me too because we may never learn the truth. Anyways... thats besides the point in this thread. You say you don't like the Yankees... probably like most people because they buy their wins... well thats the exact same way that I feel about the Lakers. If I'm wrong... oh well... thats my opinion. I don't think he is a gentle giant... and think he is very pompous and goes out there knowing exactly what he's doing. Knowing he won't get the calls he should get (tonight was a fair game call making wise though) So thats the end of that. I'll leave this for others to fight out. For me the basketball season is over so now I'll wait (impatiently) for my Vikes.



    I don't see the whole idea, that the lakers buy there championships. To compare the lakers to the yankees, is crazy. The lakers have restrictions, like every other team in the NBA, which doesn't allow them to buy there championships. The major leagues, has no salary cap, which allows the yankees to spend as much money as they want, thus buying a championship. Karl Malone and gary payton took huge paycuts, to try and get a championship with the lakers. While i agree with a lot of you guys, that that is crappy and wrong, it is nowhere near the same as buying a championship. I know there would be happy t-wolves fans, if malone and payton went to minnesota and helped them win a champship. It wasn't up to the lakers, if malone and payton would play for them with huge paycuts, it was up to malone and payton. They could have went anywhere and played for the same amount of money, to win a championship. Also, the 3 championships the lakers have won, they haven't brought in any big name FA's either. I am sorry, but i don't see them buying championships with there money, especially when every team has the same amount to spend on players.

  3. #33
    hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,412

    T-Wolves

    "muchluv4moss" wrote:
    "triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:
    whether he is guilty or not doesn't really matter. He cheated on his wife, so he is slime. Just like any other guy that does it (or woman for that matter) to err is human, but thats a pretty damn big err. I'm torn on if I think he did or not, in some ways I think he did, in some i think he didn't... either way he will be found innocent which irks me too because we may never learn the truth. Anyways... thats besides the point in this thread. You say you don't like the Yankees... probably like most people because they buy their wins... well thats the exact same way that I feel about the Lakers. If I'm wrong... oh well... thats my opinion. I don't think he is a gentle giant... and think he is very pompous and goes out there knowing exactly what he's doing. Knowing he won't get the calls he should get (tonight was a fair game call making wise though) So thats the end of that. I'll leave this for others to fight out. For me the basketball season is over so now I'll wait (impatiently) for my Vikes.



    I don't see the whole idea, that the lakers buy there championships. To compare the lakers to the yankees, is crazy. The lakers have restrictions, like every other team in the NBA, which doesn't allow them to buy there championships. The major leagues, has no salary cap, which allows the yankees to spend as much money as they want, thus buying a championship. Karl Malone and gary payton took huge paycuts, to try and get a championship with the lakers. While i agree with a lot of you guys, that that is crappy and wrong, it is nowhere near the same as buying a championship. I know there would be happy t-wolves fans, if malone and payton went to minnesota and helped them win a champship. It wasn't up to the lakers, if malone and payton would play for them with huge paycuts, it was up to malone and payton. They could have went anywhere and played for the same amount of money, to win a championship. Also, the 3 championships the lakers have won, they haven't brought in any big name FA's either. I am sorry, but i don't see them buying championships with there money, especially when every team has the same amount to spend on players.
    quote-champchip. :lol: :drunken:
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a


  4. #34
    Mossville is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    211

    T-Wolves

    "muchluv4moss" wrote:

    Phil Jackson: I got just a couple questions on him for you. How many titles did the bulls(meaning jordan and pippen's bulls team) win before he started coaching them?? They had jordan and pippen and all the same guys, yet didn't win until jackson got there. How many championships did the lakers(meaning kobe and shaq's laker teams) win before phil?? They again had the same talent of players before phil, and would always win a ton of games in the regualr season, then loose in the playoffs. Once phil got there, they started to win championships, just like chicago. So yes, he has coached some good players, but those same good players failed to win before he started coaching them, which makes me and a hell of a lot of other people believe that he is a damn good coach.

    And as for the whole kobe in court and then playing a game the same night, not sure how anyone can think that is no big deal. Do you realize how stressed out he must be in court? He is facing some serious charges(false ones), and to go out and play the games he has in the playoffs, after a long day in court, is just plain amazing. No it isn't physically draining to be in court all day long, but it is mentally draining. To say that what he has done, is no big deal, is pretty crazy.
    Phil Jackson is a good coach, not a great coach. You make it sound like Phil comes and the team turns to be an awesome team. One thing that you didnt mention is that when he came to the Bulls, Pippen and Jordan were coming into their prime of their careers. Same can be said of when he took over the Lakers, Kobe was coming into his own. THe main evidence of why this guy is not as great as what he is givin credit for can be seen in the years that Jordan retired. NO JORDAN = NO TITTLE. Seriously, the NBA is not like the NFL were the coach actually matters. He had such a rough time coaching Jordan/Pippen in their prime and must be just as hard to have Shaq/Kobe in their prime.

    So if Kobe is not guilty, then why the hell should he be so stressed out? It must be so stressfull flying in a luxurious jet, getting pampered on the way home after sitting in a court room all day. Basketball is basketball and if you have ever played you would realize that if you love the game, its a way of relaxing. You check everything in at the door and you just play ball.

  5. #35
    ndakvikefan's Avatar
    ndakvikefan is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    154

    T-Wolves

    Muchlove, I never said they were not good. I said Kobe is a poison and he is. When the Lakers struggle what is the cause? KOBE, whether it was shooting all the time, which pissed off Shaq and caused bickering. So then to prove a point Kobe shoots only a few times in the game which piossed of Jackson. His arrogant attitude is bad for a team. Take away Shaq and Malone and leave Kobe to be the man and what do you have? the 20-52 ORLANDO MAGIC. That was my point. In the 2 games the Wolves won against the Lakers who did the Wolves contain? SHAQ DADDY, he is what makes that team go, sure Kobe can carry the team once and awhile but without Shaq Kobe will be doubled constantly and then what? shoot 38 times a game? In the losses in this series Shaq only shot 21 times and made 48% Kobe shot 39 times only making 42%. In the wins it was alot more balanced Kobe was 30 for 73 41% and shaq was 31 of 51 61%. When Kobe will put aside his ego and share with shaq the Lakers are very tough to beat. For his own sake Kobe had better hope Shaq stays around or hope he at least has another star around him or he will be another great scorer that cannot make players around him better.
    That is what seperates the great ones from the most talented ones (like Kobe is) Garnett until this year never had a supporting cast like this yet he has been a MVP candidate for the last 3 years, Jordan made Pippen what he was, look at what he did when Jordan retired not much. Kobe is a great talent and a great shooter, but he is also a selfish, arrogant, cheating husband and possibly a rapist. You don't see how he is a poison, how do you think his teamates feel when he misses practice to go to court or is late for games because of court, or when Phil Jackson gives him instructions in the huddle and he tells the coach fuck you ( that was in the ESPN story) that seems like poison to me. He and Shaq don't like each other, he hates Phil Jackson, seems like poison to me. Yes they are winning and that covers up alot of the problems but the winning is because of shaq's presence not Kobe's shotting 25-30 times a game.
    8f72d7a2bfbfd6a931c3ea8edbece812

  6. #36
    RandyMoss8404's Avatar
    RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,389

    T-Wolves

    "Mossville" wrote:
    "muchluv4moss" wrote:

    Phil Jackson: I got just a couple questions on him for you. How many titles did the bulls(meaning jordan and pippen's bulls team) win before he started coaching them?? They had jordan and pippen and all the same guys, yet didn't win until jackson got there. How many championships did the lakers(meaning kobe and shaq's laker teams) win before phil?? They again had the same talent of players before phil, and would always win a ton of games in the regualr season, then loose in the playoffs. Once phil got there, they started to win championships, just like chicago. So yes, he has coached some good players, but those same good players failed to win before he started coaching them, which makes me and a hell of a lot of other people believe that he is a damn good coach.

    And as for the whole kobe in court and then playing a game the same night, not sure how anyone can think that is no big deal. Do you realize how stressed out he must be in court? He is facing some serious charges(false ones), and to go out and play the games he has in the playoffs, after a long day in court, is just plain amazing. No it isn't physically draining to be in court all day long, but it is mentally draining. To say that what he has done, is no big deal, is pretty crazy.
    Phil Jackson is a good coach, not a great coach.
    Not that my opinion matters to you, but you just lost any credibility you had on this forum.


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

  7. #37
    Mossville is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    211

    T-Wolves

    "RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    "Mossville" wrote:
    "muchluv4moss" wrote:

    Phil Jackson: I got just a couple questions on him for you. How many titles did the bulls(meaning jordan and pippen's bulls team) win before he started coaching them?? They had jordan and pippen and all the same guys, yet didn't win until jackson got there. How many championships did the lakers(meaning kobe and shaq's laker teams) win before phil?? They again had the same talent of players before phil, and would always win a ton of games in the regualr season, then loose in the playoffs. Once phil got there, they started to win championships, just like chicago. So yes, he has coached some good players, but those same good players failed to win before he started coaching them, which makes me and a hell of a lot of other people believe that he is a damn good coach.

    And as for the whole kobe in court and then playing a game the same night, not sure how anyone can think that is no big deal. Do you realize how stressed out he must be in court? He is facing some serious charges(false ones), and to go out and play the games he has in the playoffs, after a long day in court, is just plain amazing. No it isn't physically draining to be in court all day long, but it is mentally draining. To say that what he has done, is no big deal, is pretty crazy.
    Phil Jackson is a good coach, not a great coach.
    Not that my opinion matters to you, but you just lost any credibility you had on this forum.
    why? because in my opinion there is a debate of how good Phil is? There will always be a debate because he has only coached the GREATEST PLAYER ever in Jordan, and when Jordan left the Bulls went to shit!! or because he has won titles with the most dominate player to play in Shaq? How good a coach be to coach the frickin Lakers? Come on now, they have 4 hall of famers (3 which are in the top 50 players ever hands down). Deal with it, the Jordan example proves that Phil is not even as good of a coach as Hubie Brown or Jerry Sloan. My guess is your some moron that doesnt know a damn thing about basketball and your arguing the wrong sport with the wront person. I know my basketball and you dont know shit.

  8. #38
    triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,607

    T-Wolves

    alright guys heres what I'm going to suggest. This has been one of the most heated debates that we've had for a while. I'm going to suggest that if you want to continue this that you take it to PM's. I know I got a little too heated myself so there is not just 1 person to blame... right now I just think that this is getting a little too personal and would be best left alone at this point.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Similar Threads

  1. New T-Wolves GM named
    By cajunvike in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-27-2005, 07:50 PM
  2. Wolves Win!!
    By LAVike in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-29-2004, 11:01 PM
  3. t-wolves
    By amavikesfan in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-22-2004, 07:38 AM
  4. Congrats T-wolves!
    By hawaiianvike21 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 05-20-2004, 01:21 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •