Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Sweetest message from DircTV

I don't have NFL ticket, but it sounds stellar.. I still haven't missed a Vikes game in 3 years though! It's a great thing to live in the best state there is Minnesota

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

Why the heck doesn't the NFL ticket show all the Pre-season games?? I pay enough money to at least have that included also.

Also, NeoVikesTX earlier in this thread said his Apartment community is making him pay deposit and all that, IT'S ILLEGAL FOR THEM TO DO THAT !! Just call DirecTV and they will clue you in on the FCC regulations ... my community tried to some of the same things and even forbid me to have it. Well, it's been 3 years now and they havn't said a word, CAUSE THE CAN'T !!

Just call DirecTV, they will also give you the website so you can present it to your community and shove it up their azz ... Nothing should prevent a Vikes fan from seeing the game in the comfort of his own home rather than spend like $60 at a bar to see it on a 12" TV in the corner. I know, did it for a full year when first moved down to FL.. Sorry, just my little rant ..... :lol:

"mnjamie" wrote:
    Why the heck doesn't the NFL ticket show all the Pre-season games?? I pay enough money to at least have that included also.

Also, NeoVikesTX earlier in this thread said his Apartment community is making him pay deposit and all that, IT'S ILLEGAL FOR THEM TO DO THAT !! Just call DirecTV and they will clue you in on the FCC regulations ... my community tried to some of the same things and even forbid me to have it. Well, it's been 3 years now and they havn't said a word, CAUSE THE CAN'T !!

Just call DirecTV, they will also give you the website so you can present it to your community and shove it up their azz ... Nothing should prevent a Vikes fan from seeing the game in the comfort of his own home rather than spend like $60 at a bar to see it on a 12" TV in the corner. I know, did it for a full year when first moved down to FL.. Sorry, just my little rant ..... :lol:
    I actually called the FCC about that, and they told me they could charge me a deposit and make me get renter's insurance because it is not an "unreasonable expense". I asked Direct TV about it and they had no clue.

I was going to just get it anyway and hope they never see it as my patio is in the back, but now I'm not sure if my line of sight for the dish is correct. I could point the dish south but there are some trees several yards back that go up about 20 feet.

Screw it, I called them and they are coming out to do a "survey" of my place. Hopefully the line of sight is good enough to get a clear signal. You are right about the expense: the bar at an average of 20 dollars a game comes out to 280 dollars (minus MNF and X-mas), plus the bar is a 30 minute drive. NFL Sunday Ticket cost 219.
    Skol!
    Go Vikings!

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

fight the system. i would be pissed.

6-KINGS Guest

"NeoVikesTX" wrote:
    "mnjamie" wrote:

I actually called the FCC about that, and they told me they could charge me a deposit and make me get renter's insurance because it is not an "unreasonable expense". I asked Direct TV about it and they had no clue.

I was going to just get it anyway and hope they never see it as my patio is in the back, but now I'm not sure if my line of sight for the dish is correct. I could point the dish south but there are some trees several yards back that go up about 20 feet.

Screw it, I called them and they are coming out to do a "survey" of my place. Hopefully the line of sight is good enough to get a clear signal. You are right about the expense: the bar at an average of 20 dollars a game comes out to 280 dollars (minus MNF and X-mas), plus the bar is a 30 minute drive. NFL Sunday Ticket cost 219.
    Man there is ALWAYS a way to get around stuff.

Speaking of cheating, does anyone know how to slow down your electric meter?
    The electric company came out and butchered my trees. Took a 16 ft easement into property. My trees are 50 ft tall. And now they are cut straight up on one side.
    THOSE MUTHER PUSSBUCKETS!
    So I figure a few years of lower utilities would be a fair trade out.

Can anyone help me? anyone...........stealing electricity........anyone.............maybe just a hint.................

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"NeoVikesTX" wrote:
    "mnjamie" wrote:

The only thing about that is sometimes they ask for a signed notice from your Landlord.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I wish you could get sunday ticket with cable!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

"NeoVikesTX" wrote:
    "mnjamie" wrote:

UPDATE: I am now the proud owner of DirecTV and the NFL Sunday Ticket! I am so excited that I can actually watch every single Vikings game this season! The dish actually worked out perfectly on my patio. Since I am a new member we got a deal for the NFL Sunday Ticket and the Total Choice Premier package so we have like 215 channels now. It is so awesome, especially since we are coming from just regular television.

Also, when you guys say you got a notification stating you are authorized to recieve this programming, what does that mean? Does that come from the phone lines because my reciever is not plugged into a phone jack yet.
    Skol!
    Go Vikings!

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

"NeoVikesTX" wrote:
    "NeoVikesTX" wrote:
    "mnjamie" wrote:

Just call DirecTV, they will also give you the website so you can present it to your community and shove it up their azz ... Nothing should prevent a Vikes fan from seeing the game in the comfort of his own home rather than spend like $60 at a bar to see it on a 12" TV in the corner. I know, did it for a full year when first moved down to FL.. Sorry, just my little rant ..... lol

Screw it, I called them and they are coming out to do a "survey" of my place. Hopefully the line of sight is good enough to get a clear signal. You are right about the expense the bar at an average of 20 dollars a game comes out to 280 dollars (minus MNF and X-mas), plus the bar is a 30 minute drive. NFL Sunday Ticket cost 219.
    UPDATE I am now the proud owner of DirecTV and the NFL Sunday Ticket! I am so excited that I can actually watch every single Vikings game this season! The dish actually worked out perfectly on my patio. Since I am a new member we got a deal for the NFL Sunday Ticket and the Total Choice Premier package so we have like 215 channels now. It is so awesome, especially since we are coming from just regular television.

Also, when you guys say you got a notification stating you are authorized to recieve this programming, what does that mean? Does that come from the phone lines because my reciever is not plugged into a phone jack yet.
    No it doesnt come from the phone line. Had mine for 3+ years and still havn't attempted the phone line yet ... no problems.

Plus, if have trouble with reception ever. Just have DirecTV come out and install a second dish. It works great, my rep from them did it for free. Cause here in Tampa with all the rain, I would loose connection all the time, but you dont need to have a reason. Just tip your rep well and he will take care of ya.

As for the deposit, it is an unreasonable expense cause you are not destroying any property owned by the complex in any way. Just an FYI.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123