Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Suspect didn't eat his girlfriend

MEXICO CITY (Reuters) - A Mexican writer suspected of frying and eating pieces of his ex-girlfriend after strangling her has confessed to murdering the woman but denies being a cannibal, a government prosecutor said on Tuesday.

Police burst into Jose Luis Calva's Mexico City apartment last week and found fried human flesh on a dining table set with cutlery. They found more flesh in the refrigerator and an unfinished book by Calvo called "Cannibal Instincts."

The mutilated body of Alejandra Galeana, 32, was in the bedroom closet.

Calva told prosecutors he killed Galeana after an argument, then cut an arm and a leg off of her body so that he could dispense of it in parts.

"He denies having tasted her flesh," Mexico City's chief homicide prosecutor Gustavo Salas told reporters. "According to him, he thought it was better to cook the meat so he could feed it to the dogs."

Prosecutors also suspect Calva of strangling and dismembering two other women in the last two years. One victim, Veronica Martinez, had lived with Calva before her death.

Calva denied any involvement in those crimes.

Galeana's mother had reported her missing for two weeks and said she suspected her daughter's former lover was involved.

Calva kept books on black magic and apparently made a living selling his writings on the street. He was injured falling from his balcony when he tried to escape police as they forced their way into his apartment.

Police found copies of the Hannibal Lecter films, which tell the tale of a genius serial killer who eats his victims.

A former girlfriend told police Calva was a jealous, possessive lover who believed in witchcraft and practiced rituals, including hammering a cow's tongue to a board.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20071017/od_nm/cannibal_dc;_ylt=ArckCord5jXbRmL98ertgmIZ.3QA

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Suspect didn't eat his girlfriend

Will it really make any difference if he ate part of her? He's still be convicted of murder and get the death penalty.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

So many jokes can be made about the title of this thread... Where is Cajun when you need him? ;D
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    Will it really make any difference if he ate part of her? He's still be convicted of murder and get the death penalty.
    It's still pretty disgusting if he ate of the corps.

Besides I think that Mexico is one of the countries that has seen the light, and outlawed the death penalty.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

Here in europe ( at least in holland ) i think he probarely would've get 15 years at max!!
    i don't know ow the laws in Denmark are but we are way to soft here in Holland
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

"cogitans" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:

Besides I think that Mexico is one of the countries that has seen the light, and outlawed the death penalty.
    That's to bad!
    O goody, now this thread can regress to a thread about if the death penalty is the right thing.
    ;D
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:

That's to bad!
    O goody, now this thread can regress to a thread about if the death penalty is the right thing.
    ;D
    That's what I were aiming at of course ;D

Every decent human being can tell themselves that capital punishment is barbaric.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

"cogitans" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:

That's to bad!
    ;D

Every decent human being can tell themselves that capital punishment is barbaric.
    Well, the guy murdered an other human being, is that appropriate then? and what barbaric is is that he even might've ate something off her corpse.
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"cogitans" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:

That's to bad!
    ;D

It's cheaper than keeping someing in prison utill they die

RK.
    RK. is online now Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

"Mr-holland" wrote:
    Here in europe ( at least in holland ) i think he probarely would've get 15 years at max!!
    i don't know ow the laws in Denmark are but we are way to soft here in Holland

They would actually turn him lose again on the public.
    Here he would probably end up like Jeffery Dahmers....dead at the hands of his prison mates.

WWBGD

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast