Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    English Vike is offline Starter

Re: "support our troops" ribbons???

"Del Rio" wrote:
    "oldschoolmikey" wrote:
    Well, like it or not, one of our freedoms is being able to believe and speak what you want. Some people do not support this war. Which in turn may mean they do not support our troops being there. I guess you have to just try and respect their rights to believe what they want.
    It's not the troops decision. I'm sure the powers that be didn't ask them permission to go to war. I have no problem with people who nay say our current president. Or his intentions on the war. Talk down the war, or whatever, but the actual troops the physical flesh and bone of the human beings out there really have no say in it, and I personally feel that aspect should be honored.

The rest of it bash it burn it whatever gets them excited. This isn't China, we are not forced into agreement.

yeah thats just the way i see but you say it better than me, i guess i'm anti war, not rabidly so and i think it would be wrong to pull the troops out now as it is, but i am 100% supportive of all the troops.

i am good friends with an american girl (sadly in wisconsin) who used to live here when her father was stationed in england and i still keep in touch with over the phone and internet, tragically she is from wisconsin and a packer fan, but she is now in the army, and seems on the verge of being sent to iraq, despite her packer filthiness, i will be thinking of her every day if she goes out there.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Our troops ROCK...(sadly, I can't say the same for our leadership)! JMO
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

GreenBaySlackers is offline Star Spokesman

heh, i got some people together and we bought a bigass box of flea collars and sent them to some army division in Iraq (cant remeber which one). My neighbor served in desert strom and said thats what they need most, flea collars.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

I really do not know how I directly support my brotherhood who serve. I fly my flag, love my country, and pray for those who serve. I also let those I meet, who are in the military, aware of my fondness I have for their sacrifice and service to our nation.

I make sure I raise my son to respect those who serve and respect our flag.

I did my time, and I will never forget it.

3/502 Infantry Division, 101st Airborne

Del Rio Guest

I read on MSNBC that there was a bill in the works that didn't allow women to be in on front line ground attacks. Not sure why I shared that but it is a very interesting concept.

They had a some scientist comment that men have an inate desire to protect women. That it was an evolutionary trigger that still exsists in a powerful way.

So I mean out of that article I gained a knowledge that Ahman Green has either evolved into an asshole who beats his wives, or he is the missing link. :grin:

English Vike is offline Starter

"Del Rio" wrote:
    I read on MSNBC that there was a bill in the works that didn't allow women to be in on front line ground attacks. Not sure why I shared that but it is a very interesting concept.

They had a some scientist comment that men have an inate desire to protect women. That it was an evolutionary trigger that still exsists in a powerful way.

So I mean out of that article I gained a knowledge that Ahman Green has either evolved into an asshole who beats his wives, or he is the missing link. :grin:
    i think the thing about women is interesting, i would hate to think of myself as sexist, but i know guys that have gone to iraq and somehow i feel so much more well, protective of the girl that might go. obviously i cant do anything about it for her but it just seems hard that a girl my age (19) can go and put her life on the line like that, more so than for guys? thats wrong to think really, her life is no more or less valuable than anyone else, but it's the natural way i think about it and i can't really help it.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

"cajunvike" wrote:
    Our troops ROCK...(sadly, I can't say the same for our leadership)! JMO
    :salute:

True that.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"GreenBaySlackers" wrote:
    heh, i got some people together and we bought a bigass box of flea collars and sent them to some army division in Iraq (cant remeber which one). My neighbor served in desert strom and said thats what they need most, flea collars.
    Is that because the women there are such dogs? :lol:

Just kidding.

Everything that we can do to directly help the troops there is awesome...a woman at my firm has a twin brother that is serving in Iraq and every month she collects a huge amount of stuff from us all to send over...they have sent back letters and pictures to express their gratitude. I look at it as a very small gesture on our part to show that we do care about those men and women that are putting their lives on the line in the fight for democracy...I only wish that I could be more trusting about the reasons why they had to go there in the first place. I hope that those brave men and women are justly rewarded and fully appreciated when they finally return. Hopefully, they get to come back sooner than later.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

purplehorn is offline Hall of Famer

"Del Rio" wrote:
    :sign5: :laughing3:
    Green Bay police station toilet stolen.

Cops say they have nothing to go on.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

All the support is appreciated. You guys are all the best.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast