Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Del Rio Guest

Re: "support our troops" ribbons???

I support my neighbor he is over seas. His wife frequently needs servicing.

Seriously though what does it hurt to have a magnet ribbon on your car? Why do you really care about people's magnets lol?

Maybe because this war was heavily questioned. And the last time that happened and our troops came home they were not welcomed so eagerly. Now we are fighting a war some people do not agree with.....maybe the magnet just says "Hey I don't agree with why you are there, but we love what you do for us and we pray you will return to us safely."

Our work made a huge care package we sent it off to a few reserve buddies I have. That is their job though. I mean I feel for em, and I would do what I could...but they signed up for that. And I am sure none of those guys would complain about it. Except my buddy who joined to get free school. He just got back and he was pissed. I laughed my ass off, asked him what he thought he was being hired to do.

If you are trying to say in some way, just having a magnet on my car doesn't make me as supportive as you, then I don't know what to say. It's better then nothing. Like I said maybe it is all someone feels inclined to do. Some don't feel inclined to do shit but pay their taxes which is support in a way.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Del Rio" wrote:
    I support my neighbor he is over seas. His wife frequently needs servicing.
    I will bet that she has your little soldier standing at attention in tribute every time you see her too. :lol:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

I appreciate the support as well. I am currently in the Air FOrce Reserves and just returned from Germany where we handled all the wounded soldiers and Marines from Iraq and Afghanistan.

Remember when you buy those magnets, the proceeds go towards the troups serving. Del Rio thank you for the care packages. I did that too prior to going overseas at an elementary school with the kids. I can tell you from the experience all the support we get is very helpful in so many ways. I for one appreciate it and I know I can speak for all those still overseas they appreciate it too. It makes everything that much easier.

zimtwister is offline Coach

if the proceeds go to the troops, great! and thanks to all who have served and are serving. my dad served in wwII from 42-47 in the navy.
    "you dream of beating me, its time you wake up and apologize."

purplehorn is offline Hall of Famer

"zimtwister" wrote:
    who DOES NOT support them?
    [size=7px] [/size]

There are 1,000's of goofballs who take
    out their feelings of opposition to the war
    on the troops themselves. Also there are
    arseholes like those pictured below who like to
    stir things up and fuel up afore mentined goofballs.

Green Bay police station toilet stolen.

Cops say they have nothing to go on.

zimtwister is offline Coach

that was 30 years ago! [when people were stupid] lol
    "you dream of beating me, its time you wake up and apologize."

English Vike is offline Starter

i do think thats changed, here in england the general consensus is very anti war indeed really, tony blair's majority of government was vastly reduced at the recent election pretty much on that one issue.

however, support for the troops still seems very high to me, as much as anyone is against the war, i dont see anyone taking it out on the troops and everybody seems behind them. although perhaps anglo would know better than me, i'd like to know his take on that.

oldschoolmikey is offline Starter

Well, like it or not, one of our freedoms is being able to believe and speak what you want. Some people do not support this war. Which in turn may mean they do not support our troops being there. I guess you have to just try and respect their rights to believe what they want.

purplehorn is offline Hall of Famer

I think those type of people have every right to
    protest and burn the flag. I just ask that they
    wrap themselves up in it first!
    Green Bay police station toilet stolen.

Cops say they have nothing to go on.

Del Rio Guest

"oldschoolmikey" wrote:
    Well, like it or not, one of our freedoms is being able to believe and speak what you want. Some people do not support this war. Which in turn may mean they do not support our troops being there. I guess you have to just try and respect their rights to believe what they want.
    It's not the troops decision. I'm sure the powers that be didn't ask them permission to go to war. I have no problem with people who nay say our current president. Or his intentions on the war. Talk down the war, or whatever, but the actual troops the physical flesh and bone of the human beings out there really have no say in it, and I personally feel that aspect should be honored.

The rest of it bash it burn it whatever gets them excited. This isn't China, we are not forced into agreement.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast