Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Superbowl question

Ok I have a question for everyone out there, especially you memorabilia people. As you know my girlfriend and her entire family are packer fans. Well, you may also know that the first superbowl only has about 10 minutes or so of taped video footage because the reel was taped over. Well this leads me to my question. When my gf's dad was about 15 is when the first superbowl took place, and he audio recorded it on a reel or whatever the hell it was. Do you think that it would be worth anything? Let me know what you think. I think he may have a fortune on his hands (if the reel works still), but I'm not sure.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

coreyd is offline Coach

Re: Superbowl question

With something like that it always depends on how bad the buyer wants it. To many its something that doesnt have a face value, but to some of the football fans, or stations, it could be worth a pretty penny.

Well, I was thinking that he could sell the rights of it to NFL films or something and then they could sell copys to all of the die hard packer fans and then he could get a percentage of all sales of it. I don't know, maybe it's just wishful thinking!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Maybe you should call NFL Films and ask if they want it? Maybe they'd but it from you if they want it badly enough.

I know that's what I was thinking. He said he has to check to see if it still works, but it's worth a shot I think.

I think he wants to keep the actual tape so he has a copy for himself.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

'Sounds like he taped it on one of the older reel to reel recorders...]

They did a nice job recording back then, but audio tapes can break down in quality if not stored properly, and even then they can degrade..

Does he still have the player also?.....Give it a shot and good luck....

Like anything else, value is what the buyer is willing to pay for something, but I would guess there is a small market out there for this tape, just have to do your homework and find it....

Good Luck

Also, if you can get it to play, you should try to record it on a more modern audio device.....Would enjoy hearing it myself

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Yeah that's what it was reel to reel. He said that he didn't know how the quality would be or if it even works anymore. It would be pretty cool if it did still work though (even though the d@mn packers won).

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

NFL Films doesn't have this?

I don't know if NFL films has it or not. I'm sure they do, but if they didn't he could be sitting on a gold mine!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast