Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 125
  1. #11
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,605
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: This Sucks! Free College For Undocumented students (Illegal aliens)

    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "baumy300" wrote:
    Oh bull f*cking sh*t! Kiss my white a** you bunch of c*cksuckers!

    Prophet, you remember earlier this year? How I couldn't get the money for school and my whole financial aid situation?

    Now I come here and read this? Oh bullsh*t. Why don't I just live in f*cking Mexico for a year, and then come back here illegally?

    This is a joke. I still am struggling to get financial aid for only a small amount, and I still am having a hard time getting it!

    Sometimes I wish I was Canadian. I am embarrassed and ashamed to belong to a country that gives special treatment to people who come here illegally.
    I didn't read anywhere that they were getting special treatment. Anyone with low enough income(often this includes parents) can qualify for reduced or no tuition costs. It is not like every single person that wants to can walk across the boarder and walk onto campus. The article doesn't give many specifics but it sounds as though these students graduated from American High Schools and have worked hard and done well.
    I think it is great when anyone gets a chance to get an education, like wise I hate it when someone is denied an education. These students getting an education will make America and the world a better place to live.
    I think anyone that goes to college and gets a 3.0 or better should not have to pay for it. You may think this is impossible but if you took one year of money spent in Iraq you could provide free college for the next 10 years.
    <cough> <cough> <bullsh!t> ;D

    I would really like to see a link for that one.
    The average price of one year of tuition for a four year public school was $5,836.
    And that doesn't even take into account extra costs like room and board, which many university require students to stay in res halls at least a portion of their academic career.
    But even just using the $5836, there were 17.5 million students enrolled in higher ed last year, which brings us to a total of $102,130,000,000 to cover tuition for the year.
    I don't remember congress spending $102 trillion dollars in Iraq last year.
    The US Budget for FY-2006 was $2.696 trillion and the US Budget for FY-2007 is $2.8 trillion.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  2. #12
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,281

    Re: This Sucks! Free College For Undocumented students (Illegal aliens)

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "baumy300" wrote:
    Oh bull f*cking sh*t! Kiss my white a** you bunch of c*cksuckers!

    Prophet, you remember earlier this year? How I couldn't get the money for school and my whole financial aid situation?

    Now I come here and read this? Oh bullsh*t. Why don't I just live in f*cking Mexico for a year, and then come back here illegally?

    This is a joke. I still am struggling to get financial aid for only a small amount, and I still am having a hard time getting it!

    Sometimes I wish I was Canadian. I am embarrassed and ashamed to belong to a country that gives special treatment to people who come here illegally.
    I didn't read anywhere that they were getting special treatment. Anyone with low enough income(often this includes parents) can qualify for reduced or no tuition costs. It is not like every single person that wants to can walk across the boarder and walk onto campus. The article doesn't give many specifics but it sounds as though these students graduated from American High Schools and have worked hard and done well.
    I think it is great when anyone gets a chance to get an education, like wise I hate it when someone is denied an education. These students getting an education will make America and the world a better place to live.
    I think anyone that goes to college and gets a 3.0 or better should not have to pay for it. You may think this is impossible but if you took one year of money spent in Iraq you could provide free college for the next 10 years.
    <cough> <cough> <bullsh!t> ;D

    I would really like to see a link for that one.
    The average price of one year of tuition for a four year public school was $5,836.
    And that doesn't even take into account extra costs like room and board, which many university require students to stay in res halls at least a portion of their academic career.
    But even just using the $5836, there were 17.5 million students enrolled in higher ed last year, which brings us to a total of $102,130,000,000 to cover tuition for the year.
    I don't remember congress spending $102 trillion dollars in Iraq last year.
    The US Budget for FY-2006 was $2.696 trillion and the US Budget for FY-2007 is $2.8 trillion.
    according to your numbers it cost 102 billion per year, so ten years would be 1.02trillion. You also prove my other point that college isn't for everyone. ;D

  3. #13
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,605
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: This Sucks! Free College For Undocumented students (Illegal aliens)

    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "baumy300" wrote:
    Oh bull f*cking sh*t! Kiss my white a** you bunch of c*cksuckers!

    Prophet, you remember earlier this year? How I couldn't get the money for school and my whole financial aid situation?

    Now I come here and read this? Oh bullsh*t. Why don't I just live in f*cking Mexico for a year, and then come back here illegally?

    This is a joke. I still am struggling to get financial aid for only a small amount, and I still am having a hard time getting it!

    Sometimes I wish I was Canadian. I am embarrassed and ashamed to belong to a country that gives special treatment to people who come here illegally.
    I didn't read anywhere that they were getting special treatment. Anyone with low enough income(often this includes parents) can qualify for reduced or no tuition costs. It is not like every single person that wants to can walk across the boarder and walk onto campus. The article doesn't give many specifics but it sounds as though these students graduated from American High Schools and have worked hard and done well.
    I think it is great when anyone gets a chance to get an education, like wise I hate it when someone is denied an education. These students getting an education will make America and the world a better place to live.
    I think anyone that goes to college and gets a 3.0 or better should not have to pay for it. You may think this is impossible but if you took one year of money spent in Iraq you could provide free college for the next 10 years.
    <cough> <cough> <bullsh!t> ;D

    I would really like to see a link for that one.
    The average price of one year of tuition for a four year public school was $5,836.
    And that doesn't even take into account extra costs like room and board, which many university require students to stay in res halls at least a portion of their academic career.
    But even just using the $5836, there were 17.5 million students enrolled in higher ed last year, which brings us to a total of $102,130,000,000 to cover tuition for the year.
    I don't remember congress spending $102 trillion dollars in Iraq last year.
    The US Budget for FY-2006 was $2.696 trillion and the US Budget for FY-2007 is $2.8 trillion.
    according to your numbers it cost 102 billion per year, so ten years would be 1.02trillion. You also prove my other point that college isn't for everyone. ;D
    17,500,000
    X 5836
    -------------------
    102,130,000,000

    Damn. That is only $102 billion, isn't it.
    ;D

    OK, I'll play.
    It would cost $1.02 trillion to pay for tuition for the next ten years for everyone that is currently enrolled.
    However, that is still more than we spend in Iraq in one year.
    We have only spent ~$450 billion in just under five years in Iraq.
    That averages to less than $100 billion per year, which isn't even enough to cover the average expense for that year.

    And if we offered free tuition to everyone, you would see enrollment rates skyrocket, along with the overall cost to the government.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  4. #14
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691

    Re: This Sucks! Free College For Undocumented students (Illegal aliens)

    If we are going to be handing out any free college, it should be to LEGAL Americans who worked hard and did well in school...
    Not ILLEGAL immigrants who worked hard and did well in school.


    It's not fair to the legal citizens.


  5. #15
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,281

    Re: This Sucks! Free College For Undocumented students (Illegal aliens)

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "baumy300" wrote:
    Oh bull f*cking sh*t! Kiss my white a** you bunch of c*cksuckers!

    Prophet, you remember earlier this year? How I couldn't get the money for school and my whole financial aid situation?

    Now I come here and read this? Oh bullsh*t. Why don't I just live in f*cking Mexico for a year, and then come back here illegally?

    This is a joke. I still am struggling to get financial aid for only a small amount, and I still am having a hard time getting it!

    Sometimes I wish I was Canadian. I am embarrassed and ashamed to belong to a country that gives special treatment to people who come here illegally.
    I didn't read anywhere that they were getting special treatment. Anyone with low enough income(often this includes parents) can qualify for reduced or no tuition costs. It is not like every single person that wants to can walk across the boarder and walk onto campus. The article doesn't give many specifics but it sounds as though these students graduated from American High Schools and have worked hard and done well.
    I think it is great when anyone gets a chance to get an education, like wise I hate it when someone is denied an education. These students getting an education will make America and the world a better place to live.
    I think anyone that goes to college and gets a 3.0 or better should not have to pay for it. You may think this is impossible but if you took one year of money spent in Iraq you could provide free college for the next 10 years.
    <cough> <cough> <bullsh!t> ;D

    I would really like to see a link for that one.
    The average price of one year of tuition for a four year public school was $5,836.
    And that doesn't even take into account extra costs like room and board, which many university require students to stay in res halls at least a portion of their academic career.
    But even just using the $5836, there were 17.5 million students enrolled in higher ed last year, which brings us to a total of $102,130,000,000 to cover tuition for the year.
    I don't remember congress spending $102 trillion dollars in Iraq last year.
    The US Budget for FY-2006 was $2.696 trillion and the US Budget for FY-2007 is $2.8 trillion.
    according to your numbers it cost 102 billion per year, so ten years would be 1.02trillion. You also prove my other point that college isn't for everyone. ;D
    17,500,000
    X 5836
    -------------------
    102,130,000,000

    Damn. That is only $102 billion, isn't it.
    ;D

    OK, I'll play.
    It would cost $1.02 trillion to pay for tuition for the next ten years for everyone that is currently enrolled.
    However, that is still more than we spend in Iraq in one year.
    We have only spent ~$450 billion in just under five years in Iraq.
    That averages to less than $100 billion per year, which isn't even enough to cover the average expense for that year.

    And if we offered free tuition to everyone, you would see enrollment rates skyrocket, along with the overall cost to the government.
    Ok I kinda pulled those numbers out of my ass. Still you can see that if we stopped spending money in Iraq we could greatly increase the number of students that can attend college. Of course that is not really true since we don't really have the money for Iraq, but if you are going to borrow a trillion dollars you might as well do some good with it.
    I also think your 450 million estimate is very low. Most estimates put the entire cost of the war at closer to 1 trillion.

  6. #16
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,605
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: This Sucks! Free College For Undocumented students (Illegal aliens)

    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    Ok I kinda pulled those numbers out of my jiggly butt. Still you can see that if we stopped spending money in Iraq we could greatly increase the number of students that can attend college. Of course that is not really true since we don't really have the money for Iraq, but if you are going to borrow a trillion dollars you might as well do some good with it.
    I also think your 450 million estimate is very low. Most estimates put the entire cost of the war at closer to 1 trillion.
    http://nationalpriorities.org/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=182

    Definitely not a pro-war site, and they keep a running tally of expenditures in Iraq.
    Right now it is at $443 billion.
    This is inline with almost all of the estimates I have seen.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  7. #17
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,281

    Re: This Sucks! Free College For Undocumented students (Illegal aliens)

    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    If we are going to be handing out any free college, it should be to LEGAL Americans who worked hard and did well in school...
    Not ILLEGAL immigrants who worked hard and did well in school.


    It's not fair to the legal citizens.

    I agree. I am just saying that people get pissed just because they are illegal. I would rather have a hard working motivated illegal than a spoiled lazy american who is going to waste college drinking, doing drugs, and making babies. I think anyone that works hard should at least have a chance to go to college. In general students should have to take out loans but if there is a scholarship available then that is great.

  8. #18
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,281

    Re: This Sucks! Free College For Undocumented students (Illegal aliens)

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    Ok I kinda pulled those numbers out of my jiggly butt. Still you can see that if we stopped spending money in Iraq we could greatly increase the number of students that can attend college. Of course that is not really true since we don't really have the money for Iraq, but if you are going to borrow a trillion dollars you might as well do some good with it.
    I also think your 450 million estimate is very low. Most estimates put the entire cost of the war at closer to 1 trillion.
    http://nationalpriorities.org/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=182

    Definitely not a pro-war site, and they keep a running tally of expenditures in Iraq.
    Right now it is at $443 billion.
    This is inline with almost all of the estimates I have seen.
    Good link. I think some estimates include future medical costs, retirement, dissability costs, and some of the general military money.
    It also points out that instead of the war in Iraq we could have provided college scholorships.
    Instead, we could have provided
    21,510,523
    students four-year scholarships at public universities.

  9. #19
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691

    Re: This Sucks! Free College For Undocumented students (Illegal aliens)

    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    If we are going to be handing out any free college, it should be to LEGAL Americans who worked hard and did well in school...
    Not ILLEGAL immigrants who worked hard and did well in school.


    It's not fair to the legal citizens.

    I agree. I am just saying that people get pissed just because they are illegal. I would rather have a hard working motivated illegal than a spoiled lazy american who is going to waste college drinking, doing drugs, and making babies.
    I think anyone that works hard should at least have a chance to go to college. In general students should have to take out loans but if there is a scholarship available then that is great.
    How many lazy spoiled americans (and illegals) do you think would waste a free college education?
    College shouldn't be free.
    Cheaper? perhaps, but free...NO.
    If someone is really hard working and dedicated they will work hard to finish school and pay their debt.


    It seems as though we agree for the most part....weird...however

    I would rather not give a free education to either the illegal or the lazy american.


    Simply put...Illegals shouldn't be eligible to apply for free tuition or any other government benefit, that is besides a free bus ride back to the border.
    They are not a citizen of this country and should not be coddled as such.
    Fuck the illegals... become a citizen first and then live the "American dream."




  10. #20
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: This Sucks! Free College For Undocumented students (Illegal aliens)

    I went to college 2 decades ago and it was too expensive then. I would like to see the students who maintain at least a "C" average get to have free tuition(Not room,board or books" if they in turn would do 2 or 3 years community service upon graduation in a conservation corps,peace corps, military or other service. We could have them manning the park system that we cannot seem to afford to staff in the summer, fighting fires,working with wounded troops at the V.A and a myriad of other jobs that could build and maintain many of the public areas that need help.

    If someone wants to come to this country and be a citizen they could also put in a few years of service and get a faster path to citizenship if they demonstrate the desire to provide service to the community. If they don't want to do that send them on the first train out.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Aliens in the Sewers?
    By Garland Greene in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 07-02-2009, 09:40 PM
  2. Denver man seeks support for citywide panel on space aliens
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-04-2008, 03:48 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-12-2007, 12:43 PM
  4. Border Fence Builder Hires Aliens
    By COJOMAY in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-14-2006, 10:42 PM
  5. would this be illegal????????????????????
    By zimtwister in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 07-21-2005, 06:44 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •