Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

This Sucks! Free College For Undocumented students (Illegal aliens)

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/local/article/0,1299,DRMN_15_5631167,00.html
    [size=14pt]N.M. college doors open for undocumented[/size]
    At least 10 undocumented students from Colorado will get to attend classes at the University of New Mexico this fall, with many not having to pay for tuition or books.

A new Colorado law prohibits state colleges from providing in- state tuition to undocumented immigrants.

In New Mexico, the state is barred from denying education benefits based on immigration status, said Terry Babbitt, director of admissions for the University of New Mexico.

While New Mexico's state financial aid is intended for residents, Poudre High School counselor Isabel Thacker in Colorado found a way for her students to receive in-state tuition, plus scholarships to cover it.
    This is the kind of thing that just sets me off. Any other kid may get scholarships but has to get students loans and repay them. Illegal aliens get their college free! Along with health care, schooling, etc, etc, etc.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re: This Sucks! Free College For Undocumented students (Illegal aliens)

Get pissed Coj!
    Pissed off pastors have power.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Don't post stuff like this...we are all supposed to feel sorry for the illegals.

vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/local/article/0,1299,DRMN_15_5631167,00.html
    [size=14pt]N.M. college doors open for undocumented[/size]
    At least 10 undocumented students from Colorado will get to attend classes at the University of New Mexico this fall, with many not having to pay for tuition or books.

A new Colorado law prohibits state colleges from providing in- state tuition to undocumented immigrants.

In New Mexico, the state is barred from denying education benefits based on immigration status, said Terry Babbitt, director of admissions for the University of New Mexico.

While New Mexico's state financial aid is intended for residents, Poudre High School counselor Isabel Thacker in Colorado found a way for her students to receive in-state tuition, plus scholarships to cover it.
    This is the kind of thing that just sets me off. Any other kid may get scholarships but has to get students loans and repay them. Illegal aliens get their college free! Along with health care, schooling, etc, etc, etc.
    What a bunch of crap.
    I wonder if we crossed into Mexico if we would get everything free.

vikingTurf is offline Rookie

Sometimes I wonder if I should just do sth illegal to achieve the illegal status and enjoy the benefits. Seriously, I have maintained my legal studnt status for 6/7 years, piled on loans and pay out of state tuition, and still have a
    hard time with jobs because of visa requirements.

baumy300 is offline Star Spokesman

Oh bull f*cking sh*t! Kiss my white a** you bunch of c*cksuckers!

Prophet, you remember earlier this year? How I couldn't get the money for school and my whole financial aid situation?

Now I come here and read this? Oh bullsh*t. Why don't I just live in f*cking Mexico for a year, and then come back here illegally?

This is a joke. I still am struggling to get financial aid for only a small amount, and I still am having a hard time getting it!

Sometimes I wish I was Canadian. I am embarrassed and ashamed to belong to a country that gives special treatment to people who come here illegally.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"baumy300" wrote:

Prophet, you remember earlier this year? How I couldn't get the money for school and my whole financial aid situation?

Now I come here and read this? Oh bullsh*t. Why don't I just live in f*cking Mexico for a year, and then come back here illegally?

This is a joke. I still am struggling to get financial aid for only a small amount, and I still am having a hard time getting it!

Sometimes I wish I was Canadian. I am embarrassed and ashamed to belong to a country that gives special treatment to people who come here illegally.
    LMAO.
    Don't hold back baumy!
    Tell us how you really feel!
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

MetalMike-LoudVike is offline Hall of Famer

well this is a double edged sword. see if we take care of our own we are greedy,self serving S.O.B.'s we take care of everyone else were heroes with nothing to show for ourselves.It just makes me wonder, How long will these things happend to our own people? This is one the big things that are wrong these days in this nation.
    IN THE PITS ON THE RIVER BEDS EVRY VIKING FAN WILL RISE & VAHALLA SHALL REJOICE WITH THE MOST GLORIOUS PRIZE LOMBARDI'S TROPHY

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"vikingTurf" wrote:
    Sometimes I wonder if I should just do sth illegal to achieve the illegal status and enjoy the benefits. Seriously, I have maintained my legal studnt status for 6/7 years, piled on loans and pay out of state tuition, and still have a
    hard time with jobs because of visa requirements.
    You need to get the flip out of this country you alien piece of crap!

JK!
    ;D

[img width=450 height=337]http://www.offensivestuff.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2007/02/illegal_aliens.JPG[/img]

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"baumy300" wrote:

I didn't read anywhere that they were getting special treatment. Anyone with low enough income(often this includes parents) can qualify for reduced or no tuition costs. It is not like every single person that wants to can walk across the boarder and walk onto campus. The article doesn't give many specifics but it sounds as though these students graduated from American High Schools and have worked hard and done well.
    I think it is great when anyone gets a chance to get an education, like wise I hate it when someone is denied an education. These students getting an education will make America and the world a better place to live.
    I think anyone that goes to college and gets a 3.0 or better should not have to pay for it. You may think this is impossible but if you took one year of money spent in Iraq you could provide free college for the next 10 years.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast