Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Vikestand is offline Coordinator

Story of my life....

I have had my jeep since I was 15, had 30,008 miles when my grandfather gave it to me(still have the little handbook that i kept vehicle notes in). Never had one problem with it except replacing the water pump.Well I bought a car a week and half ago and am waiting on the cash for clunkers to take affect this weekend(hopefully). Car now has 124,456 miles. Ran Perfect until about last monday....lol..ahhh power steering pump is completely demolished as of yesterday.

It's like she knew i was getting rid of her.....Did find some interesting stuff cleaning it out, lots of things get lost in your car over that period!

By Pack93z

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to the other with no loss of enthusiasm"-Sir Winston Churchill

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Story of my life....

accidental fire

"BadlandsViking" wrote:
    accidental fire
    Prolly get more fixing it and selling it!

By Pack93z

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to the other with no loss of enthusiasm"-Sir Winston Churchill

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

You'll always remember that old Jeep, and with only 124K on it, fixing and keeping "her" might be a viable option. 8)

"PurpleTide" wrote:

You'll always remember that old Jeep, and with only 124K on it, fixing and keeping "her" might be a viable option. 8)
    Yeah I wish I could, but I would never be able to get 3,500 for a 1996 Jeep Cherokee with 125,000. Paint job is brand new looking too. Only major problem is the headliner is starting to sag. Ahhhh owelll...

Lots of good times, i'm 23 now so it's been 8 years. I slept in the back of it with my brother in Champagne for the Vikes/Bears game in 2001(or was it 2?). I have camped in for proms, homecomings and float trips. Definately got some action in it through my high school and college life.

I cleaned it out last night found 22 dollars in change, a love note from 2002, and a picture of every ex-gf I have had. All stuffed away in cracks throughout the thing....

By Pack93z

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Vikestand" wrote:
    "PurpleTide" wrote:

Yeah I wish I could, but I would never be able to get 3,500 for a 1996 Jeep Cherokee with 125,000. Paint job is brand new looking too. Only major problem is the headliner is starting to sag. Ahhhh owelll...

Lots of good times, i'm 23 now so it's been 8 years. I slept in the back of it with my brother in Champagne for the Vikes/Bears game in 2001(or was it 2?). I have camped in for proms, homecomings and float trips. Definately got some action in it through my high school and college life.

I cleaned it out last night found 22 dollars in change, a love note from 2002, and a picture of every ex-gf I have had. All stuffed away in cracks throughout the thing....
    The weight of the 22 pics is probably what made the headliner sag.
    :P

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Those things run forever. My boss has one with 250,000 miles. I would have got it fixed.

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

"Vikestand" wrote:
    I have had my jeep since I was 15, had 30,008 miles when my grandfather gave it to me(still have the little handbook that i kept vehicle notes in). Never had one problem with it except replacing the water pump.Well I bought a car a week and half ago and am waiting on the cash for clunkers to take affect this weekend(hopefully). Car now has 124,456 miles. Ran Perfect until about last monday....lol..ahhh power steering pump is completely demolished as of yesterday.

It's like she knew i was getting rid of her.....Did find some interesting stuff cleaning it out, lots of things get lost in your car over that period!

I just junked my 1990 Volvo on Saturday - 166,000 miles. Kept the grille and the emblems and some other small stuff. Sad getting rid of it, but just got too costly to fix all the things that were breaking down. Took out the back seat and found so much junk there from when our girls sat in their car seats.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

"VikingMike" wrote:
    "Vikestand" wrote:

I just junked my 1990 Volvo on Saturday - 166,000 miles. Kept the grille and the emblems and some other small stuff. Sad getting rid of it, but just got too costly to fix all the things that were breaking down. Took out the back seat and found so much junk there from when our girls sat in their car seats.
    Welllll I am happy to say the Jeep was saved. Thanks to my dad, he just couldn't believe I was going to let them trash it so he bought it off of me. And I am now a proud owner of a 2009 Chevy Malibu 2LT, V6 6spd tranny, moon roof, heated seats, 6disc sound system yadda yadda. Now I am 400 down a month, ha!

Picture below is basically the same thing except mine is silver....

[img size=100]http://www.purplepride.org/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/5682P.jpg[/img]

By Pack93z

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Vikestand" wrote:
    "VikingMike" wrote:
    "Vikestand" wrote:

Welllll I am happy to say the Jeep was saved. Thanks to my dad, he just couldn't believe I was going to let them trash it so he bought it off of me. And I am now a proud owner of a 2009 Chevy Malibu 2LT, V6 6spd tranny, moon roof, heated seats, 6disc sound system yadda yadda. Now I am 400 down a month, ha!

Picture below is basically the same thing except mine is silver....

Looks like you got yourself a nice car.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast