Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    canadian_vikes_fan is offline Hall of Famer

Re: A story I must share

Some advice:

Move to Canada. WOOHOO

Shit like that never happens up here!!

Lol, just joking, you guys have a great country, I'm just happy I'm Canadian.

Thanks PPE for the sig.

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "SKOL" wrote:
    Wow, and it was the security people, not you, that valued the purses at $600. What kind of a case can he possibly have, and who could have possibly talked him into pursuing it? L-A-W-Y-E-R-S = scum of the earth. :lol:
    Actually, it's B-A-D-C-L-I-E-N-T-S = scum of the earth....a lawyer can't file a frivolous lawsuit without an unscrupulous client. Other than doctors, lawyers are probably the only profession that polices itself with such zealousness to weed out the bad apples. Ever had a bad mechanic or plumber...guess what, there is no bar to complain to in order to take away their license like there is in the law.
    Cajun,
    Isnt it the love of money that decides this factor? Does not a lawyer have the OPTION of declining a particular client?
    Money Money Money
    Money
    Some people got-ta have it
    Some people real-ly need it
    I'm tellin ya
    Do things Do things Do things
    Good things with it
    Bad things
    With it
    For the love of money
    People will lie...lie
    They will cheat
    For the love of money
    People cant even walk the street
    For the love of money
    A woman will sell her precious body
    FOR A SMALL PIECE OF PAPER
    IT CARRIES A LOT OF WEIGHT
    Talkin about that mean.....mean mean.....mean green
    Allmighty dollar!!!!!!
    :grin:

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

"ColoradoVike" wrote:
    Skol, whatever legal advice the accused is getting, he is making his own decisions. A lawyer is not doing it for him. It's easy to blame lawyers for all the aspects of society that you don't like. But, have you ever thought hard about how you have benefitted from the work that lawyers do? It's easy to label lawyers as scum, but then, that's a pretty juvenile and selfish view.
    Maybe just juvenile. I meant to evoke a humorous response from our resident lawyer, cajun. If I was serious I would not have inserted the :lol:. I actually have some pretty good friends that are lawyers, and generally they have a good sense of humor. I take it you're not a lawyer ColoradoVike. :lol:

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

duffVIkEs is offline Pro-Bowler

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "SKOL" wrote:
    Wow, and it was the security people, not you, that valued the purses at $600. What kind of a case can he possibly have, and who could have possibly talked him into pursuing it? L-A-W-Y-E-R-S = scum of the earth. :lol:
    Actually, it's B-A-D-C-L-I-E-N-T-S = scum of the earth....a lawyer can't file a frivolous lawsuit without an unscrupulous client. Other than doctors, lawyers are probably the only profession that polices itself with such zealousness to weed out the bad apples. Ever had a bad mechanic or plumber...guess what, there is no bar to complain to in order to take away their license like there is in the law.
    Hahaha when i first read that i was gunna quote SKOL and write "INITIATE CAJUN ATTACK!" but I scrolled down and realized Cajun already got to him. Your a quick one Cajun.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"TheAnimal93" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "SKOL" wrote:
    Cajun,
    Isnt it the love of money that decides this factor? Does not a lawyer have the OPTION of declining a particular client?
    Money Money Money
    Money
    Some people got-ta have it
    Some people real-ly need it
    I'm tellin ya
    Good things with it
    Bad things
    With it
    For the love of money
    People will lie...lie
    They will cheat
    For the love of money
    People cant even walk the street
    For the love of money
    A woman will sell her precious body
    FOR A SMALL PIECE OF PAPER
    IT CARRIES A LOT OF WEIGHT
    Talkin about that mean.....mean mean.....mean green
    Allmighty dollar!!!!!!
    GREAT SONG!!! One of my all-time favorites!!!

But that MEAN GREEN motivates EVERYONE, not just LAWYERS...heck, one of the guiding principles of the justice system is that everyone deserves fair representation...and if the case is blatenly frivolous, then the judge will throw it out and slam the lawyer who brought the case...so almost any decent lawyer won't risk pissing the judge off...therefore he won't take the case unless it has at least SOME merit...and the ones who do take frivolous cases won't last very long in the legal profession, because the state bars will usually end up disbarring them...which makes the legal profession more honorable than most others...when is the last time you have ever heard of a plumber or mechanic being disbarred...try NEVER...if they are dishonest, they just keep ripping people off!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

Cajun,
    Of course you are right. But I have been waiting for forever to whip those lyrics out on you somehow. That is one of my all time favs too.

But you know as well as I do the frivolity has run amok for many years now.
    :roll: :lol:

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I hate cops so I don't feel bad for you!! JUST KIDDING. That sucks. The problem with this country is that was are sue happy. This guy trys to rob a place, gets caught, and now he wants to sue people, that is a load of sh!t! I hope everything works out for you enl!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

vegasvike is offline Hall of Famer

yeah the whole thing sounds like a Yakov Smirnov(sp?) joke to me
    Thanks for the sig Pack93z

I love when you take breaks from plucking your unibrow and grunting/slapping to makes posts in this forum

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"TheAnimal93" wrote:
    Cajun,
    Of course you are right. But I have been waiting for forever to whip those lyrics out on you somehow. That is one of my all time favs too.:grin:

But you know as well as I do the frivolity has run amok for many years now.
    :roll: :lol:
    True, but a lawyer can't go into court to sue someone in most cases without a client, therefore, the client has to be dishonest before a dishonest lawyer can file a frivolous lawsuit...there has to be some complicity.

"She likes the boys in the band
    She says that I'm her all-time favorite...

Temptations sing!
    Ohhhhh..."
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

"VikingsM4" wrote:
    I'm as far right as they come.....F!!ck Russia and F!!ck all the countries that think they can beat us in a war.....Iraq was the best thing that ever happpened to this country and Iran will be the next...After 9/11 I say Nuc every piece of pooh that burns a US flag....Oh wait its a holy war....every muslim is saying holy pooh America is bombing the hell out of us!!!!This may sound fascist to all of you Democrats but, seriously do you want Iraq, Iran, or North Korea ruling the world??? Would you rather we where speaking german right now instead of English???? I hate it when people compare Bush to Nazi Germany....If anything Liberals are the Nazis!!!!!!!

FYI:
    If you look back the US was one vote away from making the national language German.

There are also conservative pro war gun totting democrats.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123