Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    enlvikeman is offline Hall of Famer

A story I must share

I felt the need to share this incident with all of you as a way to vent some of my frustration and disbelief.

I effected an arrest about 3 months ago at a Hechts store for shoplifting. The class A citizen had attempted to steal approx. $600 in womens purses before being videotaped and detained by store security. I get there and place the guy under arrest, transport him and process him (the whole nine). I charged him with criminal theft over $500 which happens to be a felony. In Maryland we have a threshold of $500 for theft. Anything you steal worth $500 or more is a felony and anything under is obviously a misdemeanor. Now the security people totaled the recovered stolen items in our presence which was about $100 over $500...making it a felony right? Wrong! He plead guilty in court to theft over $500 however filed a formal complaint that I violated his rights and falsely accused him of the felony. He is also planning to sue me. He wrote in his written complaint (which I will gladly scan and post here when this mess is over) that I was so apathetic of his situation that I failed to check whether the items he stole (that's right stole) were on sale. He states he should not have been charged with the felony theft because some of the items were on sale that day and subsequently totaled under $500. Oh it gets funnier...He also states I was negligent and had malice towards him because he is a Russian immigrant. I know most police complaints are bs but this one needs to win an award.

Thank you all for reading and have a great day!

"24 mil under the cap? there are teams 30 mil over the cap, heck that gives us at least 50 mil to spend"

CollegeGuyJeff circa 2006

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

Re: A story I must share

Yea only in America...

In Russia he would have gotten a bullet.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

Sounds like complete BS to me! Especially the "Russian immigrant" part, yeah those Russian immigrants sure have it rough here.

I wouldn't be too worried about a lawsuit, if he has to steal purses then I am sure he is not too wealthy.
    Skol!
    Go Vikings!

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Don't lose any sleep over it. that is some bullshit.

skogs02 is offline Starter

LOL i needed a good laugh with the day i have been having

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

Too bad that Johnny Cochran died he would have been of some help to you.

No really that does suck.

"Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

wow, you are a cop. coool

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Wow, and it was the security people, not you, that valued the purses at $600. What kind of a case can he possibly have, and who could have possibly talked him into pursuing it? L-A-W-Y-E-R-S = scum of the earth. :lol:

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

Yea, that really sucks man. The law suit happy society that we live in is becoming pretty rediculous. But don't worry, the world isn't just picking on you though. I wrecked my car doing a burnout Tuesday ops: .
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

VikingsM4 is offline Rookie

I'm as far right as they come.....Fuck Russia and fuck all the countries that think they can beat us in a war.....Iraq was the best thing that ever happpened to this country and Iran will be the next...After 9/11 I say Nuc every piece of shit that burns a US flag....Oh wait its a holy war....every muslim is saying holy shit America is bombing the hell out of us!!!!This may sound fascist to all of you Democrats but, seriously do you want Iraq, Iran, or North Korea ruling the world??? Would you rather we where speaking german right now instead of English???? I hate it when people compare Bush to Nazi Germany....If anything Liberals are the Nazis!!!!!!!

Pep MVP, 05-06

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast